First Son
1 posts

Re: The reason I won't be getting a ps4, and refuse to pay Sony.

Apr 23, 2013

Its like buying a car,sometimes you get a lemmon,Still using my first PS3 and never had any problems

Still working great...Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 39 (96 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7768 posts

Apr 23, 2013

SmokedYa wrote:

Its like buying a car,sometimes you get a lemmon,Still using my first PS3 and never had any problems

Still working great...Smiley Very Happy

It's also like owning a car: Keep it maintained and it will give you many more years of service. Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 39 (93 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 23, 2013

you couldn't fix one of these things 7 times..well as far as the RSX goes you couldn't,either reflowing or reballing one that many times the boards traces would turn to crumbled ashes...specifically the area where the balls sit at..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 33 of 39 (85 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Hey OP. Just to let you know X-box is just as bad. Have all 3 consoles, PS3 is by far the best, but you are free to do what you want.

Message 34 of 39 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Sounds like you are just not properly taking care of your console. I have had my original 40GB PS3 Fat since launch in (2006?) and it still works perfectly. I have never had to take it in for repairs or had any sort of problems with it, and it was used heavily ( I got a new one recently for a bigger HDD and fear it may break soon, but it hasnt yet).

So I dont know man...

Message 35 of 39 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 24, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

I could swear that every "I'm not getting a PS4 thread" follows a single formula because they almost look all the same. Smiley Indifferent

Well, after all it is easier to let someone else think for you, and then just agree with them. The illusory of truth, the Big Lie, lack of original thinking... take your pick.

That, or it's viral marketing.

Can you please tell me what you mean by "viral marketing"?

Message 36 of 39 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Ming_Dragon wrote:

Sounds like you are just not properly taking care of your console. I have had my original 40GB PS3 Fat since launch in (2006?) and it still works perfectly. I have never had to take it in for repairs or had any sort of problems with it, and it was used heavily ( I got a new one recently for a bigger HDD and fear it may break soon, but it hasnt yet).

So I dont know man...

Many of the fat PS3's have been breaking. It has nothing much to do with how well people take care of their PS3's, it mostly when the leaded solder cracks.

Message 37 of 39 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

Ming_Dragon wrote:

So I dont know man...

Many of the fat PS3's have been breaking. It has nothing much to do with how well people take care of their PS3's, it mostly when the leaded solder cracks.

if you keep the thermal paste changed once every year or two you will have a much better chance of preventing it from cracking as those areas won't get as hot,also power cycling them on and off 20 times a day will kill them...this is why many of them when FOLDING@HOME was active many people that let them run 24 hours a day rarely ever had any trouble..

i still let mine run sometimes for weeks at a time without powering them down,just like my PC..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 38 of 39 (38 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 24, 2013

kythunder wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

Ming_Dragon wrote:

So I dont know man...

if you keep the thermal paste changed once every year or two you will have a much better chance of preventing it from cracking as those areas won't get as hot,also power cycling them on and off 20 times a day will kill them...this is why many of them when FOLDING@HOME was active many people that let them run 24 hours a day rarely ever had any trouble..

i still let mine run sometimes for weeks at a time without powering them down,just like my PC..

I appreciate the advice! Smiley Happy

The PS3 can actually stay on that long without overheating? That's is pretty amazing! Smiley Surprised Can the same ting happen if one powers on and off their computers? Or is this something that only happens with the PS3? I heard about turning off and on the PS3 so much in one day can break so I try to avoid that.

Message 39 of 39 (34 Views)
0 Likes