Apr 19 2014
By: jester7799 First Son 6 posts

Thinking of going to PS4 from Xbox, have some questions.

[ Edited ]
8 replies 420 views Edited Apr 19, 2014

Hey guy

well , been on xbox live  from the start , love the community ,  lots of people talking on bf4 or cod , nhl 14 etc,  i really enjoy the interaction and talking.    

My question is the playstation network like that ?  is it just parties  ?  Call me odd but i enjoy the screaming kid every now and then .   Will the playstation network give me the same experience ?  

love everything i hear about the ps4 but love the xbox live interaction .  any replies would be great

Mod Edit: Edited title from "Thinking of going over to ps4 from xbox , some ?? on playstation plus". -- XiomaraRose

Message 1 of 9 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Re: Thinking of going over to ps4 from xbox , some ?? on playstation plus

Apr 19, 2014

jester7799 wrote:

Hey guy

well , been on xbox live  from the start , love the community ,  lots of people talking on bf4 or cod , nhl 14 etc,  i really enjoy the interaction and talking.    

My question is the playstation network like that ?  is it just parties  ?  Call me odd but i enjoy the screaming kid every now and then .   Will the playstation network give me the same experience ?  

love everything i hear about the ps4 but love the xbox live interaction .  any replies would be great

It's very similar yes. Especially in the infancy of a console cycle, the community is much more tighter and its much easier to approach people (In my opinion) since only the hardcore and faithful stick to the multiplayer.

This is why games like Warhawk emerged so strongly from the PS3 life and remains to memorable to a lot of people.

For multiplatforms, Battlefield is strongest on Playstation in terms of playerbase on consoles. If you are looking for a tight community I'd say that would be your best bet. Call of Duty is also really strong on PS4 as well.

Right now, PS4 is lacking on exclusive multiplayer experiences. The killzone community is small but that might make it a good thing if you get into that since its going to be a lot more faithful people playing.

I'm not sure of the sports community on either of the consoles. 

And yes PS4 has parties etc. There are tons of people who use the mic and talk. Even on PS3. Its a wrong to assume that nobody talks on PSN (because they do). I remember GTA Online had tons of little children screaming along with pessimists, racists and sexists. Downright vulgar community and I left the game as a consequence. I'd much rather avoid that but if you are looking for multiplayer experiences like that there are plenty on PS3 as well. 

Message 2 of 9 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Apr 19, 2014
Can u test it out at somebodys house if i tod you i love psn and i love my ps4 and you end up getting it and dont like it. You would be **bleep** at me
Won the ps4 From taco bell!
eGe EV][L GA/\/\][NG E/\/\P][RE
Message 3 of 9 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 19, 2014

Sounds great.  thanx for the reply !

Researching both the ps4 and xbox 1   , i like the ps4 alot better ,    looks like i may make the switch and get a ps4 .   I would assume the sports community is good aswell  being that cod and bf4 have good communities.

thanx alot for the info

Message 4 of 9 (395 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 19, 2014

My nephew has a ps4 but no shooters or sports games  Man Sad      And im old so my friends are gone   lol or dont like video games  ..............

Message 5 of 9 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Apr 19, 2014

jester7799 wrote:

My nephew has a ps4 but no shooters or sports games  Man Sad      And im old so my friends are gone   lol or dont like video games  ..............

Well you can always go onto one of the specific game board and meet a community.

You could check out the Battlefield forum and group together with some of the dedicated BF4 players. I think a lot of people who bought PS4s got Battefield 4 with the console when it launched so there are definitely alot of Battefield fans on PS4.

CoD, AC4, the same multiplatform games that were available on 360/xbox one etc, should all have dedicated boards for you to talk to. Join a clan etc.

Or you and your nephew could buy the same game so you could play together.

It is good that you are researching on the multiplayer aspect and community of these consoles. I know alot of my friends (personally) prefer to play singleplayer games or offline multiplayer games as opposed to online multiplayer games on PS3 or PS4. I think I've only played with real life friends online once or twice since I owned a Playstation console. I generally play with splitscreen offline multiplayer games with real friends (which is something else you should look into).

Message 6 of 9 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4182 posts

Re: Thinking of going to PS4 from Xbox, have some questions.

Apr 19, 2014

Why are you thinking of going to PS4 if you like everything about Xbox?

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it!
The reason to buy a NEW console is to play NEW Games not old ones.
Message 7 of 9 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Apr 19, 2014
I switched from 360 to PS4. I love everything sofar.
Message 8 of 9 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4066 posts

Apr 19, 2014
You really enjoy the screaming kid? Or you've just gotten used to it and tell yourself you like it so it isn't as annoying?
Servo Antidae Fossor
Message 9 of 9 (330 Views)
0 Likes