Feb 17 2014
By: DaCrazyHun Lombax Warrior 240 posts

Thought my PS4 was OK ... Yeah Good Joke!

[ Edited ]
4 replies 246 views Edited Feb 17, 2014

So thought of a title that would probably bring some viewers in.

Over the last few months, I've had minor problems with my PS4.

The game would randomly get ejected while I'm playing. There would be 3 beeping sounds at random times, sometimes when I even just touched the console.

As of late (I mean like the last few days), I've come home from University as we get a 1 week break. So I brought my PS4 ofcourse, with me. The problems started happening again, but now more frequently. It wouldn't allow me to insert any disc (its like the mechanism that pulls  in the disc and ejects it was just refusing to read anything and it kept making this loud fan-based noise as if it was trying to read something, and it would make this noise every 10 seconds or so). 

So I figured shutting the PS4 off would fix it like it had before on different occassions.

Well, turning it off didn't help.

So I pulled the power cord out and waited 30 seconds and re-plugged it. Same **bleep**.

Sometimes I'm lucky to even start a game up, but it just ejects the disc and my game closes randomly. Its really annoying.

I don't know what to do. This has happened for CoD and BF4. And the beeping sound still happens even when there is no disc in the console! Like I was playing Outlast last night and it randomly beeped. The console is in an open area, plenty of room and space. No overheating should happen as I've kept the PS3 there and other systems and they were fine.

Anyone got any ideas? Should I just send it back to Sony?

Hit me up with any ideas. Thanks homies.

Edit: Removed Games and Platforms label. For more information on labels, please see this post: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (246 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5442 posts

Re: Thought my PS4 was OK .. Yeah Good Joke!

Feb 17, 2014

Call Support.  Take advantage of the warranty.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (233 Views)
PlayStation MVP
414 posts

Feb 17, 2014

This is the auto eject problem people have been talking about in the Support forum (listed under another problem where some people can't seem to eject their discs). I'm having the same issue right now, but seems less severe than yours. I'm able to go through entire days not hearing the beeping if I just keep the system unplugged for a while after every time it starts happening.

I would suggest calling support and probably getting a replacement from them.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Feb 17, 2014

There's obviously something wrong with the internal hardware.

Sorry to say but you wil probably have to contact Sony and go through the replacement process. They will probably send you a new one provided you have it activated and registered.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1859 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Call Sony and they should help you man.  The PS4 is great.  Use the warranty.

Need a Hand? Contact Me.

Proud Member Of The PlayStation LifeStyle Ambassador Program.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (157 Views)
0 Likes