Jun 22 2014
By: the_shadow_105 First Son 3 posts

Too many tiles: Fix idea!

5 replies 147 views Edited Jun 22, 2014

Dear Sony,

I have an idea regarding the tile sytem. When you are on the PS4's menus, there are a long list of game thumbnail tiles as well as folders. But once you accumulate many games, you start having to scroll through 12 tiles before getting to the right one. It's a mess.

Well, there is a better way.

Once a user accumulates 6-8 tiles, the system should automatically take the next tile and place it under the first row, such as this:

8 Tiles:

[  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ]

9 Tiles:

[  ]

And so on

22 Tiles:

[  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] 

I...(taps right shoulder with sword) knight thee...(taps left shoulder with sword) Sir... DEAD!(Splits head open with sword)
Message 1 of 6 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Re: Too many tiles: Fix idea!

Jun 22, 2014

Lol i call it "Tile traveling" and it does get annoying. I started to utilize the Ps4 command system to start a game. Now only if it worked through netflix and hulu plus..

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 2 of 6 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2014

They should let you choose which ones to show up on the front menu, I certainly don't care about the playroom or the video or music unlimited, I just want my favorite games to appear there. You can see everything you have installed in your library anyway so why do we need 2 places for these things to appear...

Message 3 of 6 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Jun 22, 2014

A simple 'pinning' feature would solve this situation.  No need for a complete redesign. 

Message 4 of 6 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6000 posts

Jun 22, 2014

There are several tiles you can't get rid of no matter what you do.  I don't use the Playroom, or the Share,  or the Playstation Live tiles, but there they sit cluttering up my homepage.  We need a file system to put whatever we like on our homepage in a bad way.  

Message 5 of 6 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Jun 22, 2014

After one's game collection rises high enough, searching through a long list of horizontal tiles will become a very frustrating experience.  There should be an option to pin 10 or so "favorites" to tiles, and then a "More Games" tile which opens a window displaying many titles as smaller icons in grid format, similar to the PSN Store's game listings:

insaneprices[1].jpg

Message 6 of 6 (103 Views)
0 Likes