Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 27 2013
By: Scorp_Wild Monster Hunter 31 posts

Trade in using Amazon

6 replies 315 views Edited Jun 27, 2013

Hey all,

I tried doing a search this morning to see if anyone had any knowledge about Amazon's trade in program?  I am curious whether I would be able to trade in my God of War Legacy Edition PS3 *console only* in to Amazon, or would they consider this an incomplete item since I no longer have the games that the bundle originally came with?

I would like to be able to trade in my PS3 in the fall so that I can lower my out of pocket cost on a PS4.  If anyone has any knowledge or answers for me, that would be fantastic.  

P.S. if this needs to be moved by a Mod or there is already a thread for this topic, please just point me in that direction.  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 7 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3598 posts

Re: Trade in using Amazon

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

Not sure how that would work but remember the PS4 due to different chipsets will not be backward compatible and while Sony will be launching Gaikai in 2014 we do not know exactly when next year it will be launching nor do when know what games will be available for streaming. Add in the factor of not knowing exactly how they will use Gaikai you might want to keep your PS3. 

Message 2 of 7 (309 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11573 posts

Jun 27, 2013
Why don't you email Amazon?

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 3 of 7 (303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 28, 2014

guyonet says: This is the mail I left on the forum at Amazon Trade in. And I want other people to know what is going on at Amazon.

I sent In two games one was Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4) Platform: PlayStation 4 EAN: 3307215715116 Submitted Condition: Like New Qty: 1 And they only gave me £2.50  for this game yet this game was in perfect condition and it was not even played on my PS4 but I was offered much more After I sent it in they only gave me £2.50. . I want this game returned to me even though I ticked the box to say keep. In fact I demand it be returned or I will contact consumer rites as this was a con and you stole my game. It was worth more thane £2.50. I have been a member of Amazon long time. And this is bad on your part. I can prove by witnesses that the game I sent was unused and in perfect condition. I want this game returned immediately or pay me the amount that was agreed on. £25.00. I will take this matter further I guarantee. You are stealing my money. To inform anyone that I am so disgusted I have cancelled all further orders with Amazon and that included 3 new PS4 games, I will shop elsewhere in future .

Message 4 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Honestly the trade in programs from gamestop and amazon are total ripoffs. You will not get anything near what the game is worth. Because they turn around and sell it for a hefty profit. This is why they even do it to make money. They are not doing any favors.  Only good thing, it's super easy and doesn't require you to communicate or try sell it thru different channels.

What I do with used games to maximize my return is either sell it on ebay or craigslist. I prefer ebay only because it's safer and you don't have to meet anyone face to face. They do take some fee's for list etc, but in the end you make out with a lot more money than doing a trade in.

So if I were you sell it on eBay or Craiglist or some other site for used gaming.

Good luck

Message 5 of 7 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Reviving old threads?

Message 6 of 7 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49576 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Scorp_Wild wrote:

Hey all,

I tried doing a search this morning to see if anyone had any knowledge about Amazon's trade in program?  I am curious whether I would be able to trade in my God of War Legacy Edition PS3 *console only* in to Amazon, or would they consider this an incomplete item since I no longer have the games that the bundle originally came with?

I would like to be able to trade in my PS3 in the fall so that I can lower my out of pocket cost on a PS4.  If anyone has any knowledge or answers for me, that would be fantastic.  

P.S. if this needs to be moved by a Mod or there is already a thread for this topic, please just point me in that direction.  Thanks! 

You need the complete package to trade it in.   

You should make an amazon.com seller account and sell, not trade in, your items.  You will get about 30% more money that way.

Message 7 of 7 (153 Views)
0 Likes