Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 12 2013
By: LW482 First Son 3 posts

Triple screen PS 3

[ Edited ]
10 replies 1633 views Edited Feb 12, 2013

IMG_0101.jpgI run a triple screen SLI setup on my computer. Love playing mmorpgs in triple screen. My question, Sony how hard would it be to add another GPU to the system. Have 4 hdmi outs at 1920 x 1080 each. How many players would like to add 2 more TVs to their setup so they could run a 5760 x 1080 resolution, on 3 screens. I would love to get into playing with some friends on the network, but it's hard to settle for 1 screen when I have been use to 3 for so long. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,633 Views)
MVP Support
6224 posts

Re: Triple screen PS 3

Feb 12, 2013

I'm sure they'll get right on it just for you.

Anyone willing to pay more for their PS3 just to have 4 HDMI ports??????

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 2 of 11 (1,629 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Might be a way to do it with 3 PS3's. with different games in them.

Message 3 of 11 (1,621 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15582 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

It would be VERY HARD.

for the PS3 to do this, you need 3 PS3's.... 3 TV/Monitors.... and 3 copies of the game....

The only game that I know of that supports triple displays is GT5.

And doing something like this would be VERY EXPENSIVE.... 

For you do get to console gaming, it won't be as hard as you think. It just takes some getting used to. The more often you switch back and forth, the less you start to notice the difference.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 4 of 11 (1,596 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

That is cool.   Didn't know you could do that with WoW.    I have one of said Samsung Monitor's, but not 3.

Question:    Does having 3 monitors allow you to have a wider line of sight, or does it simply stretch the background out allowing for more UI flexibility?

Multiple setups for PS3 is nice because playing split screen in certain games is a pain in the **bleep**.   Not to mention you lose a lot of sight of your surroundings.    One of the things I loved about the Wii U was the fact that you could have two people playing the same game on one screen each, or you could have inventory on a gamepad, leaving the main TV for the gameplay.

Curious, have you tried this with Diablo 3, and if so, what are the results?

I wish the Vita was more Cross Controller friendly.   But I reckon the PS4 will incorporate the Vita much better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 5 of 11 (1,576 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15582 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

BShornock wrote:

That is cool.   Didn't know you could do that with WoW.    I have one of said Samsung Monitor's, but not 3.

Question:    Does having 3 monitors allow you to have a wider line of sight, or does it simply stretch the background out allowing for more UI flexibility?

Multiple setups for PS3 is nice because playing split screen in certain games is a pain in the **bleep**.   Not to mention you lose a lot of sight of your surroundings.    One of the things I loved about the Wii U was the fact that you could have two people playing the same game on one screen each, or you could have inventory on a gamepad, leaving the main TV for the gameplay.

Curious, have you tried this with Diablo 3, and if so, what are the results?

Every PC game can do this, this is not specific to a few games, this is simply a capability of the graphics cards.... its just a resolution change, hence why he said it is 5760x1080.... the vertical size is the same... just the horizontal size is expanded 3 fold.
I personally don't like it because I'd have to deal with the borders of each screen.
And seamless triple-display monitors don't yet exist for public consumption

you can even run a game on 2 screens or just the center screen and have other things running on either screen like a web browser on one and a movie on the other. 

It will increase your field of vision.

This sort of thing is also very expensive. you'll need the monitors, and you'll need a GPU or two thats powerful enough to do it.

Message 6 of 11 (1,572 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Diablo is down atm, how about a SWTOR pic.sw desktop.JPG

Message 7 of 11 (1,563 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15582 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I think you're better off posting this on reddit under r/battlestations

Message 8 of 11 (1,549 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8478 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

personally, I prefer 1 bigger screen over 3 smaller screens :3

assa3

Message 9 of 11 (1,545 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Maybe, but 3 x 40 inch was all I could fit into my space. Really what I wanted to get at. If sony added another gpu to the board and a little software change. This could be possibe with any 3 tvs with 1080p resolution @ 1920x1080

Message 10 of 11 (1,541 Views)
0 Likes