Wastelander
562 posts

Re: Truth about PS Vita 2013

Apr 9, 2013

johngie wrote:
Ha sure shoot me an invite and I'll be on later tonight when I get off work.

Don't really mind if I use my REAL account?

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 70 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Apr 9, 2013
I may try SS out, I'm more of a shooter and sports game fan.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 70 (171 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10834 posts

Apr 9, 2013
No problems here.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 70 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Apr 9, 2013
While I don't agree with the approach of the OP he has a point. A very big chunk of games being played on the Vita are psp games and ports. I don't mean the majority but a higher percentage than what I expected. The argument that it's only been a year doesn't work for me. There is not one stand-alone title that says "Buy a Vita!"

Don't get me wrong, I love my Vita. It just doesn't look promising to me. I look at the list of upcoming games and I see a few that look good to me, but that's it. A few games. There was/is potential to make some big selling games. Bioshock or Borderlands would have made a lot of money for Sony but they couldn't make a deal. Sony needs to get these deals done for some big budget, high profile games. The occasional jrpg or port will not work. Trying to sell the Vita as a ps4 controller will not work. If they continue doing what they're doing I don't think the Vita will last very long.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 70 (163 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Apr 9, 2013
People are way too impatient these days , where are the days when people are willing to wait 3 years to get good games.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 70 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Apr 9, 2013

jayquik03 wrote:

abhijtv wrote:

If you are seeing how the sales of the Vita are holding up in Japan, ever since the price cut, the sales of the Vita have easily quadrupled and are holding steady, and it is selling 1:2 with the 3DS (i.e. 1 vita for nearly every 2 3DS's sold). Compare that to 1:7 in the past. Things are only going to get better for the Vita...

I was with you till you started talking about Japan. I don't live in Japan if I did I would matter to sony. That's the truth. I don't care how the sales are in Japan. The sales jump great for them they are gonna get more exclusives. That's not helping me. Sales need to jump here for more games to come out here and I just don't see that happening. 

Well, I mean when Sony eventually brings the price cut to the west, it will sell well here too. The only reason Sony is yet to cut the price for the Vita in the west is there aren't many games getting released soon. In Japan, a plethora of games were released at about the same time the price was cut. That's why Sony decided to cut the price. If they cut the price here too, sure the Vita would have sold a few more consoles here, but that would be a short term bubble. It wouldn't sustain, and when good games do get released, the hype is all lost.

I bet there will be a price cut later this year. There are some great games being released in Q3 and Q4 of 2013, and the PS4 will be released too. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a price cut to the Vita around the time Killzone is released or even the PS4... Heck a bunch of Vitas might get sold simply due to the PS4... (DON'T start saying Vita is ONLY a PS4 controller...)

Anyway, off to play PSASBR, Wipeout, Metal gear solid, NSF MW, blah, blah, blah on my Vita...
Oh, what's that? Your playing PSP games on your Vita.. That's cute! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 70 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6393 posts

Apr 9, 2013
I have weird feeling about it.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!
http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4 and PS3 Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 70 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Gamble_STARS wrote:
My dude Tron makes a good point though. I'm playing more PSP games on my Vita than anything else. Is it too hard to get some console games onto the Vita? Or at least some decent multiplayer titles?

I should not be logging many hours playing MGSPW and Tekken 6 on my Vita. Rather I should be playing BF, Star hawk, So com, Tomb raider, and other AAA games on my vita.

So you dont agree with him yet u want to play BF, Starhawk, Socom, Tomb Raider on vita...they are Console games so they cant be their own psvita games lol

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 70 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Gamble_STARS wrote:
I may try SS out, I'm more of a shooter and sports game fan.

MLB The show 12, 13...Madden 13, Fifa must be RPGs huh

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 70 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Apr 9, 2013

X--TjZoN--Z wrote:

Really? so with the PS vita being a PS4 controller and being able to stream PS4 games is consider support? xD Wow, Fanboys never surprise me. Forget making it it's own console let's make it a controller, right>?

It's okay to be angry you bought a handheld thinking sony would support it to compete against it's own PS4 rather than have it as a "Side-Kick" compatible handheld.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 70 (124 Views)
0 Likes