Highlighted
Jun 17 2013
By: BigPete7978 Treasure Hunter 5276 posts

Trying To Understand The Complaints

115 replies 575 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

I'm trying to understand the complaints of the PlayStation 4. I have seen many people complaining about the requirement to be a PS Plus member to play online, even from people that are already members. Why would you complain about something you are already a member of and already pay a yearly fee for. In all honesty can you blame Sony? Look at the amount of gamers that will be playing the PS4 next gen, especially with the backlash that the Xbox One is getting. Do you know how much it costs to have that many gamers online at a given time? Given that I have been a PS Plus member since the service started I have no issue continuing to pay for such an amazing membership. It pays for itself easily over the course of the year with the games that you are able to get. 

The other main complaint that I have seen people have is the lack of backwards compatibility. Atleast we are going to be able to stream our games once they allow that. As someone who has owned every PlayStation console I honestly can say that once I get a new console I don't sit back and think about playing old titles. Yes there are a select few titles that I will never sell from my previous consoles, like FFVII, various RPG's on PS2, etc., but that doesn't mean I constantly think about playing them on my new console. If playing classic titles from previous generations of gaming is what you would like to do then why not keep the console that the games already work on?

Needless to say that the PS4 is going to be amazing. I haven't been this excited for a new gaming console in a while, especially with the strong launch lineup of games that look to be coming out with the PS4. So please, stop with the complaints, things could be so much worse for the PS4. 

Twitter: BigPete7978
Message 1 of 116 (575 Views)
MVP Support
5219 posts

Re: Trying To Understand The Complaints

Jun 17, 2013

Devil's Advovate.

Multiplayer should be free. I shouldn't have to pay for all the other features when I don't want them. Son'y lied to us about multiplayer always being free.

I have limited space and don't have room for every console. I want one console to play all my games.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 2 of 116 (565 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5276 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Backwards compatibility didn't start until the PS2. Other consoles didn't have it in the past. If you had an SNES you couldn't play NES games on it, and that's just some examples. Yes it would be nice, and you will be able to do it via streaming. If that isn't enough for you or if the features aren't enough for you then there are other console choices out there. Which is what's great about gaming, you have a choice in what you want to invest in.

Message 3 of 116 (561 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Devil's advocate

The Gameboy Color was backwards compatible with Gameboy games

Message 4 of 116 (555 Views)
MVP Support
5219 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Devil's advocate again because i'm kinda bored.

The PS2 could play all of my PS1 games. The early PS3's could play all of my Playstation games. Microsoft had to make the 360 BC due to fans demanding it. Nintendo has make BC console. Sony is known for it and it should stay that. Yes, I was upset when they removed BC in the PS3, but they should have found a way to make the PS4 BC. I'm willing to spend $600 for a console to play everything. 

Live Chat
Message 5 of 116 (551 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Devil's advocate

Let's all just buy Xbox Ones.

Message 6 of 116 (547 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5276 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Yes I know what consoles are BC. And the 360 still has issues with some original Xbox titles. But they had to take into account that there are only a handful of gamers out there that would be willing to pay that much for a given console. Heck I'm one of them, I would like to have BC in the PS4, but am I going to be frustrated about it because it's not available, no. Look at how slow the launch for the PS3 was because of it's price point. People saw the $600 price tag and immediately thought it was way too high. The streaming is more than enough IMO because not only is it allowing for you to play via streaming, while also keeping the cost of the system down. 

Message 7 of 116 (544 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5219 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Devil's advocate

If streaming was so good then onLive woul still be around. I shouldn't have to buy my games again to stream them.

Live Chat
Message 8 of 116 (539 Views)
First Son
30 posts

Jun 17, 2013

The only complaint I have with the PS4 is that it's not backwards compatible. I don't have any other problem with it.  I don't even care that you have to pay to play online. In many ways, that's probably a good thing since it can improve your online experience but not having backwards compatibility is a negative to me.

Message 9 of 116 (523 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5219 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Blue-Eyed-Sword wrote:

The only complaint I have with the PS4 is that it's not backwards compatible. I don't have any other problem with it.  I don't even care that you have to pay to play online. In many ways, that's probably a good thing since it can improve your online experience but not having backwards compatibility is a negative to me.

I can't play my vinyl on an ipod either. That's why I refuse to buy apple products. 

Live Chat
Message 10 of 116 (519 Views)