First Son
30 posts

Re: Trying To Understand The Complaints

Jun 17, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

Blue-Eyed-Sword wrote:

The only complaint I have with the PS4 is that it's not backwards compatible. I don't have any other problem with it.  I don't even care that you have to pay to play online. In many ways, that's probably a good thing since it can improve your online experience but not having backwards compatibility is a negative to me.

I can't play my vinyl on an ipod either. That's why I refuse to buy apple products. 

I pre-ordered my PS4. The lack of backwards compatibility is not a deal breaker for me but it's still is a disappointment...

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 116 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 17, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

Devil's Advovate.

Multiplayer should be free. ...

I have limited space and don't have room for every console. I want one console to play all my games.

You've posted a lot, but this captures the essence of all your arguments, right here.  *I* have limited space... *I* want...

Look, there are only so many ways to say this.  I shall quote a legend.  "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find you get what you need."  

No one, not you or anyone else is going to get backwards compatibility in a truly next-generation game console.  Sony tried it with the PS3, and it was too costly.  Nintendo tried it with the Wii, and abandoned it, quite probably for the same reasons.  Microsoft barely pulled it off with the Xbox 360, but did so by hobbling the console and wasting HDD space.  What you want, one console to play all of your disc-based games, does not exist.  

Get over it.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 116 (244 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1890 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

sleepyeyes2k2 wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Devil's Advovate.

Multiplayer should be free. ...

I have limited space and don't have room for every console. I want one console to play all my games.

You've posted a lot, but this captures the essence of all your arguments, right here.  *I* have limited space... *I* want...

Look, there are only so many ways to say this.  I shall quote a legend.  "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find you get what you need."  

No one, not you or anyone else is going to get backwards compatibility in a truly next-generation game console.  Sony tried it with the PS3, and it was too costly.  Nintendo tried it with the Wii, and abandoned it, quite probably for the same reasons.  Microsoft barely pulled it off with the Xbox 360, but did so by hobbling the console and wasting HDD space.  What you want, one console to play all of your disc-based games, does not exist.  

Get over it.

I have no argument against this statement because I it truely applies to consoles. The PS didn't make everyone happy. The 360 didn't make everyone happy. The PS4 won't make everyone happy. Someone always has to suck it and deal with it. I did that with the PS3, now it's someones else's turn.

edit for spelling

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 116 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

ExMimic wrote:
 Someone always ahs to suck it and deal with it. I did that with the PS3, now it's someones else's turn.

If by that you mean you're not buying a PS4 because it isn't backwards compatible, I hope you realize that narrows your options to one - keep playing your PS3, not out of love for the games but out of spite.  Good luck with that.  Eventually, you will run out of titles to play (in about 2015, maybe), and you will really be digging all these new games coming out, but if you stick to your little credo here, you won't buy a system that won't play your old games.

My money's on a different scenario.  You're going to cave, and buy a next-gen system anyway.

Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 116 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1890 posts

Jun 17, 2013

sleepyeyes2k2 wrote:

ExMimic wrote:
 Someone always ahs to suck it and deal with it. I did that with the PS3, now it's someones else's turn.

If by that you mean you're not buying a PS4 because it isn't backwards compatible, I hope you realize that narrows your options to one - keep playing your PS3, not out of love for the games but out of spite.  Good luck with that.  Eventually, you will run out of titles to play (in about 2015, maybe), and you will really be digging all these new games coming out, but if you stick to your little credo here, you won't buy a system that won't play your old games.

My money's on a different scenario.  You're going to cave, and buy a next-gen system anyway.

I don't care about BC or paying for plus. I put devil's avdocate at the beginning of each post because was explaining the Pro BC and free multiplayer arguments. My last post I was agreeing with you which you quoted me, I was agreeing with you. I sucked it and bought an 80 GB PS3 for $600 even though I didn't need BC. This time it's someone else's turn to suck it up and deal with BC.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 116 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 17, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

I put devil's avdocate at the beginning of each post because was explaining the Pro BC and free multiplayer arguments. My last post I was agreeing with you which you quoted me, I was agreeing with you.

So you did.... **bleep**.  I've been arguing with people about this all fricking day, and missed your note of insincerity.  My apologies.  Going to bed now... it's late, and I am ashamed....  :smileyembarrassed:

Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 116 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2283 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

I can almost guarantee that most of the ones that are complaining about BC are immature kids and just want to complain about something. I bet the majority of gamers who are getting the PS4 and don't care about BC are in their mid 20's or older. Id really like to see how many of these whiners would really buy a BC system if it was offered by Sony for a higher price.

Seems like most of the ones who complain about BC and paying for PS+ are just clueless kids ages 8-20 ( give or take either way ) who have no idea how business work or what Sony has to do as a company to stay competitive or survive. I know many of you fall into this age bracket who fully understand this but seems like a lot of "kids" these days feel as though they have a sense of entitlement and I want I want I want attitude. Kids are coddled to and catered to way to much these recent generations, we are raising a society of wussy kids where practicality and common sense is thrown out the window for selfishness and entitlement.

I understand why Sony is requiring PS+ ( for just the online games not to use aps ) so that is why I have no issue with it. I want a better online service that is more on par or better then XBL and BC is meaning less to me. I never understood the need to want a new system and play old games on it when your previous system that still plays games will do just fine. Its kind of like complaining just for the sake of complaining and like I first said if Sony offered a BC system for $100 more then a non BC system I doubt any of these cry babies would actually spend the money to have BC despite what any of them will say on the forums, not when you have a PS3 already why would you spend the extra money on something as stupid as that, but then complain about paying $50 a yr for PS+.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 116 (205 Views)
First Son
30 posts

Jun 17, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

I can almost guarantee that most of the ones that are complaining about BC are immature kids and just want to complain about something. I bet the majority of gamers who are getting the PS4 and don't care about BC are in their mid 20's or older. Id really like to see how many of these whiners would really buy a BC system if it was offered by Sony for a higher price.

Seems like most of the ones who complain about BC and paying for PS+ are just clueless kids ages 8-20 ( give or take either way ) who have no idea how business work or what Sony has to do as a company to stay competitive or survive. I know many of you fall into this age bracket who fully understand this but seems like a lot of "kids" these days feel as though they have a sense of entitlement and I want I want I want attitude. Kids are coddled to and catered to way to much these recent generations, we are raising a society of wussy kids where practicality and common sense is thrown out the window for selfishness and entitlement.

I understand why Sony is requiring PS+ ( for just the online games not to use aps ) so that is why I have no issue with it. I want a better online service that is more on par or better then XBL and BC is meaning less to me. I never understood the need to want a new system and play old games on it when your previous system that still plays games will do just fine. Its kind of like complaining just for the sake of complaining and like I first said if Sony offered a BC system for $100 more then a non BC system I doubt any of these cry babies would actually spend the money to have BC despite what any of them will say on the forums, not when you have a PS3 already why would you spend the extra money on something as stupid as that, but then complain about paying $50 a yr for PS+.

is it a crime to want backwards compatibility? I like everything about the PS4 other than it not being backwards compatible. Sony offered it on their past systems and I would have liked to have it on the PS4. Is there a problem? I have no problems spending another $100 dollars for a full backwards compatibility.

You people need to stop generalizing. You are saying BC is stupid? I don't know about you, but I don't like having tons of devices cluttering up my living room. I get it, the PS4 isn't BC and it's hard, to add it in there,  that's why Sony bought Gaikai and I think it's a good solution.

I have no problems paying extra for online play. It's a good thing since it can only improve online experience.

Seriously, knock it off...

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 116 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jun 17, 2013
People don't want to pay for PS+ because obviously they don't want better servers or better security.

I for one am glad it is now a requirement. It will make the servers better.
 photo BBSIGANIMATED_zpsbd119225.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 116 (177 Views)
Survivor
2283 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Blue-Eyed-Sword wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

is it a crime to want backwards compatibility? I like everything about the PS4 other than it not being backwards compatible. Sony offered it on their past systems and I would have liked to have it on the PS4. Is there a problem? I have no problems spending another $100 dollars for a full backwards compatibility.

You people need to stop generalizing. You are saying BC is stupid? I don't know about you, but I don't like having tons of devices cluttering up my living room. I get it, the PS4 isn't BC and it's hard, to add it in there,  that's why Sony bought Gaikai and I think it's a good solution.

I have no problems paying extra for online play. It's a good thing since it can only improve online experience.

Seriously, knock it off...

No its not a crime but it is stupid. Who said you have to take up room wth two consosles? You dont have room anywhere in your house to put the PS3 and when you want to play it you unplug the power cord and HDMI cord for th PS4 and plug in the PS3?

Oh I forgot, thats why to hard to do that, that would require some EFFORT and "THINKING AHEAD"

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 116 (165 Views)
0 Likes