First Son
30 posts

Re: Trying To Understand The Complaints

Jun 17, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Blue-Eyed-Sword wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

I can almost guarantee that most of the ones that are complaining about BC are immature kids and just want to complain about something. I bet the majority of gamers who are getting the PS4 and don't care about BC are in their mid 20's or older. Id really like to see how many of these whiners would really buy a BC system if it was offered by Sony for a higher price.

Seems like most of the ones who complain about BC and paying for PS+ are just clueless kids ages 8-20 ( give or take either way ) who have no idea how business work or what Sony has to do as a company to stay competitive or survive. I know many of you fall into this age bracket who fully understand this but seems like a lot of "kids" these days feel as though they have a sense of entitlement and I want I want I want attitude. Kids are coddled to and catered to way to much these recent generations, we are raising a society of wussy kids where practicality and common sense is thrown out the window for selfishness and entitlement.

I understand why Sony is requiring PS+ ( for just the online games not to use aps ) so that is why I have no issue with it. I want a better online service that is more on par or better then XBL and BC is meaning less to me. I never understood the need to want a new system and play old games on it when your previous system that still plays games will do just fine. Its kind of like complaining just for the sake of complaining and like I first said if Sony offered a BC system for $100 more then a non BC system I doubt any of these cry babies would actually spend the money to have BC despite what any of them will say on the forums, not when you have a PS3 already why would you spend the extra money on something as stupid as that, but then complain about paying $50 a yr for PS+.

is it a crime to want backwards compatibility? I like everything about the PS4 other than it not being backwards compatible. Sony offered it on their past systems and I would have liked to have it on the PS4. Is there a problem? I have no problems spending another $100 dollars for a full backwards compatibility.

You people need to stop generalizing. You are saying BC is stupid? I don't know about you, but I don't like having tons of devices cluttering up my living room. I get it, the PS4 isn't BC and it's hard, to add it in there,  that's why Sony bought Gaikai and I think it's a good solution.

I have no problems paying extra for online play. It's a good thing since it can only improve online experience.

Seriously, knock it off...

No its not a crime but it is stupid. Who said you have to take up room wth two consosles? You dont have room anywhere in your house to put the PS3 and when you want to play it you unplug the power cord and HDMI cord for th PS4 and plug in the PS3?

Oh I forgot, thats why to hard to do that, that would require some EFFORT and "THINKING AHEAD"

Why is it stupid? I don't want to plug and unplug as it is annoying. No, i'm not lazy, I just want everyting in one place. I think prefering to swich cables back and fourth is stupid...

We live in an age where our conent TRANSFERS over to the new device. When you buy stuff on IOS or ANdroud, you TRANSFER your digital stuff to the new device. When you buy stuff on Steam, you transfer it to your new computer. It's not stupid to want your stuff to transfer over to your new device.

Wanting multiple devices when you can just have one is pretty stupid... BAH!!!

Message 21 of 116 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2383 posts

Jun 17, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

I can almost guarantee that most of the ones that are complaining about BC are immature kids and just want to complain about something. I bet the majority of gamers who are getting the PS4 and don't care about BC are in their mid 20's or older. Id really like to see how many of these whiners would really buy a BC system if it was offered by Sony for a higher price.

Seems like most of the ones who complain about BC and paying for PS+ are just clueless kids ages 8-20 ( give or take either way ) who have no idea how business work or what Sony has to do as a company to stay competitive or survive. I know many of you fall into this age bracket who fully understand this but seems like a lot of "kids" these days feel as though they have a sense of entitlement and I want I want I want attitude. Kids are coddled to and catered to way to much these recent generations, we are raising a society of wussy kids where practicality and common sense is thrown out the window for selfishness and entitlement.

I understand why Sony is requiring PS+ ( for just the online games not to use aps ) so that is why I have no issue with it. I want a better online service that is more on par or better then XBL and BC is meaning less to me. I never understood the need to want a new system and play old games on it when your previous system that still plays games will do just fine. Its kind of like complaining just for the sake of complaining and like I first said if Sony offered a BC system for $100 more then a non BC system I doubt any of these cry babies would actually spend the money to have BC despite what any of them will say on the forums, not when you have a PS3 already why would you spend the extra money on something as stupid as that, but then complain about paying $50 a yr for PS+.

This is part of the problem. Assuming the people who want these things are kids is what pisses them off. I've had this debate with people of all ages over the years. Whether you agree with them or not, try showing them some respect.

Blue-Eyed-Sword wrote:

is it a crime to want backwards compatibility? I like everything about the PS4 other than it not being backwards compatible. Sony offered it on their past systems and I would have liked to have it on the PS4. Is there a problem? I have no problems spending another $100 dollars for a full backwards compatibility.

You people need to stop generalizing. You are saying BC is stupid? I don't know about you, but I don't like having tons of devices cluttering up my living room. I get it, the PS4 isn't BC and it's hard, to add it in there,  that's why Sony bought Gaikai and I think it's a good solution.

I have no problems paying extra for online play. It's a good thing since it can only improve online experience.

Seriously, knock it off...

I had a radio play, cassette player, and cd player set up in my entertainment center at one point. No BC isn't limited to game consoles.

Message 22 of 116 (149 Views)
Survivor
2484 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Then Keep your PS3 and not buy a PS4 if you want to keep playing PS3 games. Obviously you are not ready for the PS4 yet so stop whining about it.

Plus its impossible for the PS4 to be BC w/ the PS3 anyway so I dont get why people are actling spoiled little cry baby 5 yr olds over it.

Message 23 of 116 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jun 17, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Then Keep your PS3 and not buy a PS4 if you want to keep playing PS3 games. Obviously you are not ready for the PS4 yet so stop whining about it.

I am keeping my PS3, and I pre-ordered my PS4, I am ready for next gen, but not having BC is a disappointment. Am I supposed to love that it's not backwards compatible? I am not "whining" about it. You need to stop whining about people wanting BC...

Message 24 of 116 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2484 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Its impossible to have BC between the two systems, its not that sony does not want to do it

What part of that is so hard for you people to comprehend?

Message 25 of 116 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jun 17, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Its impossible to have BC between the two systems, is not that Sony does not want to do it

What part of that is so hard for you people to comprehend?

Who says I can't comprehend?  I am not ignorant. I know the PS4 uses different architecture. The PS3 uses The Cell Broadband Engine, and the PS4 uses AMD, this makes BC impossible, I know. I don't blame Sony. The Cell processor was garbage. I am glad they are no longer using it. I am just disappointed it can't be emulated.

Look, I am not too upset by the lack of BC but calling people stupid for wanting it is going to far. What i am upset by, is people insaulting others for wanting a feature. You should be nicer to people who have a different opinion than you.

Message 26 of 116 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2484 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Be nice about it lol? What's next free hugs for everyone?

I wont be nice about it b/c of the reasons why people are crying about it.

1. They just want something to complain about.

2 To lazy to research WHY its not compatible before just bashing Sony for not doing it

3. Laziness when they can just still use the PS3 to play PS3 games

4. Sorry lame excuse that they don't have room for 2 consoles.

5. The idiotic response that they complain about not having BC and would PAY MORE FOR IT yet complain about having to pay $50 a YEAR for PS+

These people don't deserve to be "nice" to. I'll gladly educate someone on any of these topics but when the response is given in an idiotic fashion then that's why I give the same kind of reply back

Message 27 of 116 (115 Views)
First Son
30 posts

Jun 17, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Be nice about it lol? What's next free hugs for everyone?

I wont be nice about it b/c of the reasons why people are crying about it.

1. They just want something to complain about.

2 To lazy to research WHY its not compatible before just bashing Sony for not doing it

3. Laziness when they can just still use the PS3 to play PS3 games

4. Sorry lame excuse that they don't have room for 2 consoles.

5. The idiotic response that they complain about not having BC and would PAY MORE FOR IT yet complain about having to pay $50 a YEAR for PS+

These people don't deserve to be "nice" to. I'll gladly educate someone on any of these topics but when the response is given in an idiotic fashion then that's why I give the same kind of reply back

Your not including me in your catagory of "idiotic people", right? lol

Message 28 of 116 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2484 posts

Jun 17, 2013

As long as you understand why there is no BC for the PS4 and why its a stupid feature to begin with then no

Message 29 of 116 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Would BC be a cool bonus? Hell yeah of course. But it's not gonna get me to consider canceling my preorder over. It really doesn't bother me to move my PS3 to a lower shelf and switch one HDMI cable to it on the rare occasion I still want to play it. Which for a while will ONLY be to game with friends who can't afford the PS4 yet.
Message 30 of 116 (101 Views)
0 Likes