Next up I think people will complain that the PS4 is HDMI only Smiley Tongue

Who doesn't have an HD TV?

Message 52 of 116 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5276 posts

Re: Trying To Understand The Complaints

Jun 17, 2013
And for those thinking that it will be a small increase in price to have BC in the system, I doubt it because it is a completely different architecture from the PS3. I mean sure if the PS4 was still using the cell, but it's not. I don't see how they could've fit the BC in the PS4 honestly, if they did we would've gotten a system as big as the Xbox One most likely just to make room, but I could be wrong seeing as how we don't know how the space in the PS4 is used.

Twitter: BigPete7978
Message 53 of 116 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5276 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Blue-Eyed-Sword wrote:

BigPete7978 wrote:
Next up I think people will complain that the PS4 is HDMI only Smiley Tongue

Who doesn't have an HD TV?

My point exactly..... Technology upgrades, deal with it. People say that multiplayer is free on PC and it should remain free on PS4 since PS3 was. Well there are a lot more costs with PC gaming, and that's why I don't play games on PC, the requirements to run the games at times requires you to upgrade hardware in your PC. If that is more your style, then by all means become a PC gamer. I have rarely found myself turning on my PS2 to play any of the games honestly, nor my PS1. The only time I've played a PS1 title is on my Vita, and that is rare in itself. 

Twitter: BigPete7978
Message 54 of 116 (130 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5492 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I've already seen omplaints about it. Mainly because some people use moniters and need an audio output besides optical.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 55 of 116 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jun 17, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

I've already seen omplaints about it. Mainly because some people use moniters and need an audio output besides optical.

For those that need it:
TOSLINK (optical) to Analog converter
Converter

Grindhead_Jim

Message 56 of 116 (125 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2800 posts

Jun 17, 2013

It's not only HDMI....

PS4 specs.png

Get your facts straight people.

PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669
Live Chat
Chat is available:
Monday - Saturday, 6AM - 10PM, PST
Sunday, 8AM - 8PM, PST

Message 57 of 116 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

kisuma1 wrote:

It's not only HDMI....

False.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/130611a_e.html

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 58 of 116 (101 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2800 posts

Jun 17, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

kisuma wrote:

It's not only HDMI....

False.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/130611a_e.html

My bad! I guess they haven't updated that page yet. 

PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669
Live Chat
Chat is available:
Monday - Saturday, 6AM - 10PM, PST
Sunday, 8AM - 8PM, PST

Message 59 of 116 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Trying to understand why people are mad at having to GIVE Sony free money?  Hey do you drive?  Guess what, how about I charge you $50 a month to ride on the roads you use to get to work school and home.  And every once in a while, I'll let you use a side street for free!  Hows that sound great, huh?!

I've told people this since they started the PSPLus GARBAGE, and that's what it is, useless garbage foisted on real PS3 Gamers: there's no reason to charge for online multiplayer.    I swear Sony MUST have had former microsoft employees in their executive ranks; first they DESTROY SOCOM, now this?!?!?!

There is no 'better class' of player because you pay to play.

All costs for running that network were factored in BEFORE they built it.  INCLUDING UPGRADES TO THE NETWORK, FOR SUCCESSIVE ITERATIONS!(Meaning PS3/4/5/6, etc)

Every game, every device that runs on that network, has ALREADY PAID for that network and continues to pay for it every time someone buys a new one!
The purchase of new games also contribute to that network and its infrastructure to be maintained; especially when the cost of the games and the devices are 4x the cost to make them.  So guess what?  You've already paid your portion of the network 4Xtimes over!

PSPlus does not improve game play, because you cannot manipulate the quality of individual players network connections, that's affected solely by their ISP and whatever they have going on in their home network.  

Giving you 'free' content is a ruse; of course they'll give you 'free' content...YOU'RE GIVING THEM FREE MONEY!  

I for one will not be buying a PS4 at $400 and give Sony a free $50 a year for nothing; sorry, but I'd rather pay for that cool new suit or vehicle as DLC, not keep paying you year in and year out and 'maybe' get something free that I'd actually want.  

Don't forget you only have 24hrs in a day, and not even the most ADHD kid could bounce around from one game to the next and enjoy it.

Complete b/s...but as usual dumb Americans will fall for it and buy into it.  at $400 a pop no less.    I saw this coming the moment I got an 'email' on my ps3 from idiot friends sending 'codes' to share; too dumb to know it doesn't work that way, so why would they get angry at giving away $50 of their parents money each month?  Its not their money anyway...So why would Sony refuse free money?

Message 60 of 116 (65 Views)
0 Likes