Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 19 2012
By: Mercenary09 PlayStation MVP 3585 posts

UNCHARTED: Fight For Fortune Coming to PS Vita in December

22 replies 328 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

+ Posted by Chris Reese // Technical Director, SCEA Bend Studio

Hi everyone! I am excited to announce UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune, an original title coming to the PlayStation Store exclusively for PS Vita this December.

UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune is an action-adventure turn-based card game featuring the heroes and villains from the UNCHARTED universe. Take a look at the new trailer of the game below to give you an idea of how combat works.

So you’re probably wondering, how exactly does Fight For Fortune work? I’ll explain. The core gameplay in UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune involves creating a team of Faction cards featuring heroes, villains, and mercenaries from the UNCHARTED universe, then using that team to defeat your opponent while defending yourself from their attacks.

Each Faction card can be equipped with powerful Resource and valuable Fortune cards, which enhance their stats and give them special abilities. Once you’ve selected and equipped a card, it’s time to head into battle! During combat, attacks either reduce the health of opposing Faction cards or the health of your opponent. Defeating an opposing Faction card removes it from play, while reducing the health of your opponent to zero wins you the game.

The rich lore that surrounds the UNCHARTED universe gave us the opportunity to create UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss, complete with lush, artifact-filled environments. With over 300 treasures to be found, we wanted to find a way to allow our fans to delve deeper into the artifact collections and mysteries of the UNCHARTED universe.

UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune for PS Vita

Along with the release of UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune, we will also release a new patch for UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss that will power up the artifacts that you’ve collected for immediate use within Fight for Fortune. Using the artifacts found within Golden Abyss, you can go to battle with other players as well as AI opponents. The game can also be played independently of Golden Abyss, so owning the PS Vita title is not required.

Bend Studio Co-Director John Garvin and I have led the charge on UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune since the launch of Golden Abyss to take the mobile UNCHARTED experience even further. In addition to our close collaboration with Naughty Dog, we are also pleased to introduce One Loop Games, a team of talented industry veterans who worked closely with us to chart new ground into the UNCHARTED universe.

UNCHARTED: Fight For Fortune is launching December 4 for $4.99 on PS Vita. There will be much more to talk about as we quickly approach the launch date, including some great additional DLC on launch day, so keep your PS Vita handy and get ready to go fortune hunting!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (328 Views)
Wastelander
684 posts

Re: UNCHARTED: Fight For Fortune Coming to PS Vita in December

Nov 19, 2012

:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (324 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6965 posts

Nov 19, 2012

what a joke, whats next? Uncharted candies? Uncharted shampoo? Sony Bend ranks among my 2 favorite portable developers but this is just atrocious, where is Syphon Filter psvita? come on stop wasting money and resources in stupid things, let other less competent studios do that, Bend should be focusing on the next AAA vita exclusive title, plain and simple. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Nov 19, 2012

lol maybe they should have given this to nihilistic and let bend work on CoD... but then again, nihilstic (nStigate) probably would screw this up too.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1860 posts

Nov 19, 2012
well, looks like i will have to play through GA for the fourth time now to collect these things.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (305 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3585 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I'm sure Bend is working on another game already as well. This just seems like a small game they decided to release to add to Golden Abyss.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1677 posts

Nov 19, 2012

This looks interesting, I'll give it a whirl.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (288 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11033 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Can't say no to 5 bucks.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Nov 19, 2012
I'm actually intrigued by this. I'm nit the card game type of person unless its Spades, but this could be interesting.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Looks ok. i hope this is not the rumor game bend studio was working on.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (266 Views)
0 Likes