Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Ugh .. regreting that PS4 pre order

Jul 28, 2013
bro ps3 will never be zoned out by a true gamer of this era since they made online awesome for that you have lost my respect -Realisticmoney
Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 120 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Jul 28, 2013
OP, Op, op You need to do some research or do some thinking of your own.... What do you want, the picture is clear, Games -Sony, Multimedia-MS,
Rated E- Nintendo. This is a very generalized don't hate because there's a higher than E rating game on wii-u. JS
Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 120 (203 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13262 posts

Jul 28, 2013

da1writer wrote:

blackf77t wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

teeborg wrote:

It'll be Sony for me until Sega gets back into the console game. Just the idea of Steve Ballmer screaming and turning purple while watching your Kinect feed gives me the willies. Also, I always preferred the PS lineup to that of the Xbox(stupid way to judge a console, I know).

& RE: motion controls, a gamepad is actually the worst way to play fps. Motion controls can be fun if they're not gimmicky!

I hate motion controls.

But.

Mouse and Keyboard is the best way above anything to play an FPS.

I agree that motion controls suck most of the time.  I would love to see a martial arts or boxing game that gets it right.

I would rather have a controler for FPS.  Mouse and keyboard shine on RTS games like Starcraft 2.

Naughty Dog used the motion in the DS3 quite well in the Last of Us. When your Flashlight started blinking, you shook the controller a bit like a real flashlight to get the light to go steady again. Kilzone used it well too when you planted mines. There are subtle ways to do it and then there is downright going overboard with it...

I just turned the flashlight off.

It was annoying me :smileysad:

Worst parts of Heavy Rain make you move the pad around too.. That game was mostly spoiled by that.

Still epic story.

Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 120 (195 Views)
Fender Bender
3870 posts

Jul 28, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 120 (190 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Jul 28, 2013

shotgunn_surgeon wrote:
Whatever happened to 1GB for OS? Please don't even start with that. Sony fanboys have been poking fun at the X1 OS's heavy demand of RAM. Now you're all happy about it?

The rumors floating around about memory allocation on PS4 is just that.... RUMORS..... there is no concrete evidence that suggests anything of the like. 

And like Sony's typical policies about Rumor and Speculation.... they don't comment on it.

Besides..... even PC games hardly use 5GB of RAM, unless you start stuffing them to the brim with mods.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 120 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2068 posts

Jul 29, 2013
@gr3ygh051
Sony did comment on the ram issue. I'm on phone right, so I can't provide the source. Da1writer has linked it in a few threads.
Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 120 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 120 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Uh yes because I like their exclusives more and I prefer XBL over PSN. However, I didn't want to get it because of those policies. Since when was reversal of negative policies bad? It seems that Sony was only shining through those negatives. Now that Microsoft is turning things around they've been really quiet.

I'm not about to get in this argument with Sony fanboys. Bye.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't want to get in a argument then get out of here with that BS, we don't care what you get **bleep** xbox 1!
Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 120 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4095 posts

Jul 29, 2013

LOL I love the fact that people keep using Sony's explanation of Flex memory and Direct memory as a confirmation of devs only having access to 4.5GB of RAM.

SONY HAS NOT CONFIRMED OR DENIED the size of the OS footprint!!

This should not even be considered a reason to buy or not buy a PS4!!!

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

>
Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 120 (103 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Sony gave statement to clarify this ...

We would like to clear up a misunderstanding regarding our “direct” and “flexible” memory systems. The article states that “flexible” memory is borrowed from the OS, and must be returned when requested – that’s not actually the case.

The actual true distinction is that:

“Direct Memory” is memory allocated under the traditional video game model, so the game controls all aspects of its allocation “Flexible Memory” is memory managed by the PS4 OS on the game’s behalf, and allows games to use some very nice FreeBSD virtual memory functionality. However this memory is 100 per cent the game’s memory, and is never used by the OS, and as it is the game’s memory it should be easy for every developer to use it.

We have no comment to make on the amount of memory reserved by the system or what it is used for
So it looks as if it wont take much to run the OS as we thought
Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 120 (92 Views)
0 Likes