Jul 04 2014
By: CE5k21 Splicer 50 posts
  • Find more conversations like this:
  • Other
Accepted Solution

Under $110 headsets for PS4

[ Edited ]
21 replies 377 views Edited Jul 4, 2014
So I have been looking all day for headsets that were in the $100 range. I game a lot, but do not want to spend $250 for Astros, Trittons or the best Turtle Beachs because I just bought $200 Sony's for listening to music only. I looked at the really cheap ones (Turtle Beach PX22, Trition Kama, etc), and they all had some type of issue (a lot were about comfortably). So I figured that I'd have to pay at least $70 for gaming headphones, and am not sure if I'll buy them in the next few days or weeks. *Sigh*

I found these to be the best options: Gold Wireless headset ($70, normally $100), Turtle Beach PX4 (~$106, normally $150), and the Plantronic Mixer headphones ($~100).

Wireless/Wired - PX4 - Almost completely wireless, just need the 3.5 jack. Mixer's have to be plugged into mixer,

It is a completely wired headset. Not sure how long the cord is, looks short... Also, the new gold headsets are able to be completely wireless.

Comfort - PX4 - Heard that these are really comfortable, Gold comfort similar to beats pro (?), Mixer is a question mark because of the cloth, but apparently it's not an issue. 

Mic - All seem to be fine with mics. plantronics is a boom mic, so that's a little different.  EDIT: Mic sounds horrid for Gold wireless headset, sounds really echo-y. 

Sound - PX4 is 5.1 Surround, Gold is 7.1 Virtual Surround, and Mixer is Stereo (But is not bad like most stereos)

Style, Design - PX4 looks generic, OK design. Gold's is a little bit better than PX4. Mixer's look fantastic, especially the White.

Bluetooth Calling - PX4s call feature is mediocre, if you answer a call, the people in the chat can still hear you. Gold does not have this ability that I know of. Mixer has the best and you press a button and only the caller can hear you. 

Battery - PX4 is 15 hours, Gold is 8 hours (charges fast), Mixer is unlimited due to being wired.

Music ability - Mixers can play music at the same time when playing the ps4. It seems like you can be able to listen to music/game/chat, but I do not have verification on that, all I know is if you are playing single player with music, you're golden. NOTE: IF YOU ARE GETTING MIXERS THEY NEED AN OPTICAL CABLE. LOOK INTO ALL EQUIPMENT BEFORE GETTING. 

I did a point system, and they are all around the same essentially. (In case you're wondering, all differed by a point. 1st and 2nd is Sony's gold/PX4s, 3rd is Mixers)

It really depends on what you want in a headset. Want a well rounded headset with a great battery and decent mic? PX4s. Want a great sounding headset with 7.1 Virtual Surround sound, but no calling/music feature? Gold headset. Want a headset that you can call, play music, and it looks fantastic? Mixer.

Major downside for the mixer is that it's wired and there's a lot of wires... at least 3 connections, gold's is the mic, px4 is the bluetooth calling if that's your thing. 

In conclusion, the best options are the PX4s and Gold Wireless headset for me. I really like the music and games idea for Mixers, but I'm not aware of the brand name/the wires are really annoying. If you're really looking for cheap ones, there are new P12s coming out and I'm assuming they will be the P11s upgraded starting at $60. Hope this helps you! FEEL FREE TO COMMENT TO HELP OTHERS!

Mod Edit: Updated Labels. Check here for more information on using Labels. Thanks! - lokis_grrl

Message 1 of 22 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Re: Under $110 headsets for PS4

Jul 4, 2014

go with the gold headset or pulse wireless headset. I have the pulse wireless headset, and it is really good

Message 2 of 22 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Jul 4, 2014

On my PS4 i use the same Plantronics GameCom 780 i use on my PC. They work perfectly fine and only cost like 60-70 bucks these days. I dont know if the 7.1 surround works on PS4 tho, i havent tried that.... but they work just fine.

-suddenly... life has a new meaning-
Message 3 of 22 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jul 4, 2014

Anybody have the PX4 or Gold Wireless? I heard the gold wireless mic is bad, I know the PX4's mic is fantastic.

Message 4 of 22 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 9, 2014
I have the xp400 and I use it for ps3 and ps4 pretty great wireless headset. You can pick one up from ebay for less than 80! But I am going to upgrade my headset in the fall when the new Elite 400 comes out. It's suppose to be a headset made for ps4 and you can use them as headphones and connect it to mp3 phones etc. for on the go.
Message 5 of 22 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
798 posts

Jul 9, 2014
i have the gold headset and love them. the first set i got broke when i done the psn store companion app update for the gold headset so i returned them and got another set. no problems at all!!
Message 6 of 22 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Jul 9, 2014

I think for most people, the Playstation Gold's will be the best deal.

They seem to have the best quality to cost ratio of any of the headsets for the system, and the new model has the option of a wired connection to the Vita, or any other audio/video device. Wish the battery life was a little better, but it's nothing too terrible.

Message 7 of 22 (287 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Jul 9, 2014
@CE5k21

What kind of Sonys did you buy for music? You might just be better off buying an Astro Mixamp, a cheap mic and just use your current headphones. If you bought good Sonys, they will be better then any gaming headset you can buy.
Message 8 of 22 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2862 posts

Jul 9, 2014
Just a note about the gold wireless headset. I bought one last week because it was on sale and I wanted another headset so I don't have to swap between PS3 & PS4.

It's a good headset the mic is very good considering it's hidden and the audio sounds nice but the one big problem I have with it is the sidetone(mic monitoring) is so low I can hardly hear my voice even though Is set it on high this needs to be fixed.
Message 9 of 22 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jul 9, 2014
They end in RNC, but they aren't good for gaming. I tried.
Message 10 of 22 (260 Views)
0 Likes