Oct 23 2013
By: katori15 Lombax Warrior 236 posts

Upcoming "Vita" (PS4) games

[ Edited ]
5 replies 298 views Edited Oct 24, 2013

Checking out titles on the list has got me wondering if the PS Vita label is for a PS Vita release or... can it be used for PS4 releases.  The PS4 will let you remote play to the Vita.  If you do not have a PS4 then you are out of luck.  Plus you may still be waiting thinking it is coming to Vita.

If this is true should they be able to say coming to PS Vita?

You could say that they are having to add the code so it can be remote played.

I just want to make sure that a title I am waiting for is getting a PS Vita release.

I am not saying there is any truth to this.  If it is there should be something to tell the two apart.

• update 20131024

What I am worried about.

You see a game title telling you it will come to PS Vita.  You are happy happy.  You keep your eye on it.  One day they announce the PS4 release date.  Still happy happy because the Vita must be soon.  Then you find out they meant coming to PS Vita as remote play.

Message 1 of 6 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4090 posts

Re: Upcoming "Vita" (PS4) games

Oct 23, 2013

The difference is, right now: can it played on the PS VIta? or can it be REMOTE PLAYED on the PS Vita?

Games for the PS Vita that you can download and install on the PS VIta Memory Card, or Game for the PS Vita that you can buy on a physical PS Vita Game Card are PS Vita games.

PS Vita can also play PS1 digitals and PSP Digitals (not every single one) and PSN Mobile (digital.)

Right now I can Remote Play PixelJunk Monsters PS3 ... but I can't do that just anytime I want like I can play PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe PSP on my PS Vita, or PixleJunk Monsters Ultimate HD, which is a PS Vita digital game.

In the future GaiKai may be streaming games to us, but it alll goes to the point of Games Coming to PS Vita means:

• New Games coded to play specifically on the PS Vita ... games that are FOR the PS Vita. LIke this: If you own a PS VIta, you can play that game, no other hardware needed. It's made for the PS VIta screen resolution, and functions with the twin sticks and direction pad and shoulder buttons and touchscreen and back in some way. Made especially for the PS VIta and ONLY for the PS Vita.

Even PS Vita TV can't do that. Smiley Happy

Regarding Upcoming "Vita" (PS4) games: 

Upcoming PS4 Games that Cannot be Remote Played on PS Vita is more like what you are looking for. Robot wink

All PS4 games are Remote Playable, but with the caveat that some won't be if they specifically use the camera or motion. 

Message 2 of 6 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Traditionally consoles have standards publishers have to abide by when listing features so as to avoid disingenuous practices like this. They're usually at the back of the case beside the region info and they have a series of info graphics listing how many players, what peripherals are compatible etc. I see no reason why PS4 games wouldn't simply have a 'Vita Remote play' info graphic there as well.

So no. No way would they slap a big 'VITA' logo on the front of a PS4 game.

Message 3 of 6 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Oct 24, 2013

BillyOneironaut wrote:

Traditionally consoles have standards publishers have to abide by when listing features so as to avoid disingenuous practices like this. They're usually at the back of the case beside the region info and they have a series of info graphics listing how many players, what peripherals are compatible etc. I see no reason why PS4 games wouldn't simply have a 'Vita Remote play' info graphic there as well.

So no. No way would they slap a big 'VITA' logo on the front of a PS4 game.

Not talking about on the box.  It is good information for people to know though.

Looking at game website it almost feel like double talk.  I do not want to post an example so not create the wrong idea about the games.  I have seen games talk about coming to Vita and then the game gets a PS4 release window.  Yet, there is no word on the Vita release date.

It is hard to say it is a trick because if it is on PS4 it is on Vita (remote play).  I hope this kind of promotion is not being done.  I feel the games have to make clear between the two.  "Yes, you will be able to play this on your Vita with remote play."  "We will be releasing this on the Vita"

Message 4 of 6 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Oct 24, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

The difference is, right now: can it played on the PS VIta? or can it be REMOTE PLAYED on the PS Vita?

No, I am asking should a game say it is coming to Vita if meaning only by way of PS4 remote play?

I still want to state I am not sure if this is being done.  Just wanting to say if it is I would not like.

Message 5 of 6 (194 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Oct 24, 2013

katori15 wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

No, I am asking should a game say it is coming to Vita if meaning only by way of PS4 remote play?

I still want to state I am not sure if this is being done.  Just wanting to say if it is I would not like.

It's not being done.

If they say "coming to Vita", then it's actually coming to the Vita.

Now, people might make RUMORS that some upcoming PS4 game will also be ported over to the Vita, and then these rumors turn out false (and thus, people falsely believe that they were misled)

But Sony would NEVER state that a game is "Coming to PS Vita" if it was through PS4 remote play.

The most they'd say is "Playable via Remote Play on PS Vita". Or something similar.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 6 (180 Views)
0 Likes