Apr 03 2014
By: drew871105 Lombax Warrior 90 posts

Update the PS4 to use a wired controller!

[ Edited ]
81 replies 2470 views Edited Apr 3, 2014

Hello, Can they make an update where they turn off the blue tooth wireless ps4 controller and make it wired? This helps eliminate massive radiation and makes it faster too. The ps3 used to be wired when connected, unlike ps4 controller which just charges when wired. My hands are dry and have a shock feeling due to this.

Mod Edit: Updated title for clarity. - lokis_grrl

Archangel of Jesus Christ our Lord and King!!
Message 1 of 82 (2,470 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25958 posts

Re: Update the PS4 to use a wired controller!

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014

If your hands hurt, you might just be gripping the controller too tightly. You're probably getting more radiation from your television. 

Message 2 of 82 (2,443 Views)
Fender Bender
4066 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014
Just pop a Radaway and use a Rad-X before your next play session.

EDIT: wow perfect my Fallout sig popped when I posted that xD
Servo Antidae Fossor
Message 3 of 82 (2,410 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 3, 2014

as the old tale goes, don't sit so close to your tv, ie: crt based tvs, as they do emit a small amount of x-ray radiation

Resist obsolesence. Technology will always serve a purpose even if they are older, and slower. As long as that piece of technology still serves its purpose, why upgrade?
Message 4 of 82 (2,403 Views)
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Apr 4, 2014
No excuse for them taking away that option which even the ps3 had. Shame on them for not taking seriously enough the health of people.

Archangel of Jesus Christ our Lord and King!!
Message 5 of 82 (2,326 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10065 posts

Apr 4, 2014
I don't really care about the radiation however wired controllers certainly perform better.
Message 6 of 82 (2,320 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5916 posts

Apr 4, 2014

drew871105 wrote:
No excuse for them taking away that option which even the ps3 had. Shame on them for not taking seriously enough the health of people.

you get several times more radiation from your tv than the ds4 sitting in your hand. If you are truely that concerned about it then stop using your tv, far more harmful.

photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 7 of 82 (2,310 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Apr 5, 2014

You will get a significantly higher dose of radiation from sitting next to a bunch of bananas, or going outside to check your mail, or spending some time in your basement, then you will from spending hours playing on your PS4 with your DS4 controller.

Message 8 of 82 (2,288 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31022 posts

Apr 5, 2014

so just because my tv emits radiation... its ok for the ps4 to emit radiation too and just add to all the radiation people absorb... its fine since the tv does it

wow

Message 9 of 82 (2,286 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Apr 5, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

so just because my tv emits radiation... its ok for the ps4 to emit radiation too and just add to all the radiation people absorb... its fine since the tv does it

wow

It helps if you learn a little bit about radiation and not just panic and freak out when you hear the word "radiation."  Guess what.  YOU EMIT RADIATION!  Every human being on Earth is radioactive due to the various levels of carbon and potassium isotopes in their body.  (Hence why a bunch of bannanas will make a geiger counter click more rapdily.  Bannanas contain a high amount of potassium in them and a significant proportion of potassium is the radioactive isotope K-40).

Also, radiation comes in many different varities and strengths.  The radiation from a bluetooth device is microwave radiation.  That is not the ionizing radiation that you are likely thinking of.  Remember, "radiation" means any type of emitted energy or particle from something.  The light you see coming from your lightbulb is radiation.  The DS4 is a class 3 bluetooth device meaning it is a very low power device and emits incredibly low levels of microwave radiation.  In addition, the controller is held in your hands.  Hands are pretty much immune to radioactive damage as they have incredibly few rapidly dividing cells.  Hence why you can go and get x-rays (which are VERY high energy ionizing radiation) countless times each year without worry, but you can only safely get a limited number of chest x-rays performed each year.

Also, the human species has been constantly exposed to very high levels of radiation since we came into existence.  From the sun, natural uranium/thorium/radium deposits in the earth, carbon and potassium and other radioactive elemental isotopes, lightning discharges, etc.  It's 100% impossible to remove radiation from the environment, and the added non-ionizing microwave radiation from the DS4 is meaningless.  

If you are so scared about radiation, then you need to seal yourself into an isotopically pure lead chamber with walls many fee thick, and have isotopically pure oxygen gas pumped in there so you can breathe, and filters to remove all of the radioactive carbon isotopes coming out of the CO2 in the breath you make.

I did a quick Google search on "Bluetooth Radiation" and guess what I found?  Countless sites claiming that bluetooth radiation is dangerous to you, without any actual citations, and then conveniently having some type of alternative product they can sell you.

If you are still not learn-ed with regards to radiation and that word scares you to death, then you need to demand that Sony remove ALL wireless connectivity options from the PS4 and make it 100% wired because the wi-fi internet connection your PS4 uses is also emitting radiation.  You need to have them remove the laser from the blu-ray reader since the act of generating that laser also produces some radiation.  Also, throw away your cell phone, take the microwave oven out of your house, get rid of all your wireless devices, throw away your remote controls, and turn off the wi-fi card in your computer.  Even then, you'll have to figure out how to live in the dark and eat and drink only the bare minimum needed to survive in order to avoid "additonal radiation".

Message 10 of 82 (2,273 Views)