Apr 21 2013
By: Deadly_Rabbit123 Uncharted Territory 1833 posts

Valve still supports Sony?

4 replies 143 views Edited Apr 21, 2013

My question is that there is recent rumors of Valve creating a "steambox".  Is Valve still going to support the upcoming consoles and release titles on them??  My first guess is yes but I really don't want them to make it exclusive

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
835 posts

Re: Valve still supports Sony?

Apr 21, 2013

If Valve releases this steambox, it will be less of a competition threat then a conventional console would be.  Its basically a fancy looking PC.  It'll be as much competition to the PS4 as gaming PC's are now.

Hopefully enough folks realize that all they are getting with the SB is an overpriced PC.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10007 posts

Apr 21, 2013
Well I'd assume if they made their own system they'd focus most of their attention on their own console
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

My question is that there is recent rumors of Valve creating a "steambox".  Is Valve still going to support the upcoming consoles and release titles on them??  My first guess is yes but I really don't want them to make it exclusive

That's something that only Valve will know. Maybe they'll do some exclusives or at least timed exclusives. I doubt it though. Steambox is for them most likely a way to establish Linux as a platform and open themselves an alternative future to Windows.

docshady wrote:

If Valve releases this steambox, it will be less of a competition threat then a conventional console would be.  Its basically a fancy looking PC.  It'll be as much competition to the PS4 as gaming PC's are now.

Hopefully enough folks realize that all they are getting with the SB is an overpriced PC.

How would you know already what the Steambox will cost? You don't even know the PS4 price yet btw.

Besides that your point is moot, as the PS4 moves into the PC direction in all aspects, be it hardware, software or features.

So what could  be wrong about a PC moving towards consoles?

The only difference will be that traditional consoles still offer just one defined hardware setting per platform. Steambox will still be a PC, but with clearly defined requirements. Not necessarily a disadvantage.

An open system, more games, better prices for games, more competition ... I'm quite sure there are several reasons why Steambox could be an excellent competitor in the console market.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1781 posts

Apr 21, 2013
its a pc thats optimized for playing on a tv
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (103 Views)
0 Likes