Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 09 2013
By: Ndukauba Gaming Beast 1859 posts

Vita Needs Online Message Multitasking

6 replies 129 views Edited Sep 9, 2013
Don't you hate it when you're in a match online, then someone messages you, and you want to respond quickly, but can't because of you do, the game will kick you out of the match? The Vita has more potential that needs to be unleashed, and Messaging Multitasking is a great start.

What they can do is integrate a sort of "Quick Message" icon into the Sub-Menu (The menu that appears when you hold the Home Button for 2 seconds) that only show new messages, and an option to type messages to anyone, so that you are able to quickly reply to any message, without having the burden to stop playing online.

Does anyone else agree? This really does seem like an idea that seriously needs to be considered for a future update.
Message 1 of 7 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1030 posts

Re: Vita Needs Online Message Multitasking

Sep 9, 2013

here's a simple solution don't answer your massages while you play on line,woild you rather habe your character stand there and die repeatedly while you message someone?, however for a game like phantasy star online 2 theat would be an awsome feature to have.

Message 2 of 7 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11443 posts

Sep 9, 2013

They just need a litle drop down menu in the screen that pops up when you hold the PS button.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 3 of 7 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Sep 9, 2013
@corr0126: That is not a good response. The lack of this feature diminishes the potential of the Vita in every aspect. Just as the PSP was supposed to be a portable PS2 experience, the Vita is supposed to be a portable PS3 experience, and the lack of this feature is unreasonable, and disrespects that right.

On my PS3, I am able to access all of messages while still playing online. It is a feature that is expected to be inside of a portable gaming device with unprecedented power, and should be integrated immediately to sustain ease of usage for this device.
Message 4 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9514 posts

Sep 9, 2013

You can do this on line. you just have to minimize the game your in and go to the messaging app on the vita. Its not as fast and easy as PS3 but it can be done. You do risk in online games getting wasted as you do though. The PS3 was like this in the begining and was fixed via update. Im sure in time the vita wil see the same ounce Sony is told and realizes this is a problem.

Message 5 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12342 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

You can do this on line. you just have to minimize the game your in and go to the messaging app on the vita. Its not as fast and easy as PS3 but it can be done. You do risk in online games getting wasted as you do though. The PS3 was like this in the begining and was fixed via update. Im sure in time the vita wil see the same ounce Sony is told and realizes this is a problem.

But that's the problem.

"Minimizing" the game suspends the game, so all online connectivity in the game will cease (so if you're playing online, you'll be kicked from the lobby or whatever)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 7 (88 Views)
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Sep 9, 2013
@glaciusx25: My point exactly. The Vita is running to its 2nd year, and yet, there is still so much that this device can do that Sony is not tapping into. Granted, the PS4 will aid a decent amount, but will not truly unlock the Vita's full potential. This falls into various aspects besides said topic, like Remote Play.

The Vita can play EVERY PS3 game via Remote Play, however, Sony refuses to let us, the consumer, utilize that ability. Hackers have tapped into that potential and unleashed it by allow games to work on Vita via Remote Play by having the device be read as a Mobile Device. This is only one example of what I mean.

These features are to be expected on this device. Even the smallest of things, such as showing the Battery Percentage right next to the Battery icon, or at least in Settings. Actually, that should be an issue because even the PSP had that feature!

Sony is holding out on us, and that needs to change if they expect people to buy the Vita. I would hate to see this device die because of the lack of features that are expected to be on a Next Generation Portable Device.
Message 7 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes