Feb 01 2014
By: ThrowupdaX88 Uncharted Territory 1447 posts

Vita Remote Play Question

5 replies 299 views Edited Feb 1, 2014

How does the Vita compensate for the lack of 2 trigger buttons?  So for example, I'm currently playing Tomb Raider.  L2/R2 are aim and shoot which I assume will correspond to the two trigger buttons on the Vita, but L1 is Survival Instincts and R1 is to shoot a rope arrow.  How will the Vita handle this?  Anyone know?

Message 1 of 6 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11723 posts

Re: Vita Remote Play Question

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2014

It may differ from game to game, but Killzone makes the left side of the touchpad L3, the right side R3, and makes the left and right bottom corners of the touchscreen L1 and R1.

Message 2 of 6 (297 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3850 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2014

The PS Vita Remote Play utilizes touch for replacing those buttons. Back touch on the top right and left, in particular comparing to R2 and L2, similar for R3 and L3 on the bottom. There's a light blue overlay for the area to show you using it when you have your fingers in the area.

Message 3 of 6 (288 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4275 posts

Feb 1, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

How does the Vita compensate for the lack of 2 trigger buttons?  So for example, I'm currently playing Tomb Raider.  L2/R2 are aim and shoot which I assume will correspond to the two trigger buttons on the Vita, but L1 is Survival Instincts and R1 is to shoot a rope arrow.  How will the Vita handle this?  Anyone know?

It will let you know what the button layout is when you boot up the game in remote play. As johngie stated, the rear touch pad acts as buttons on title that require all four shoulder buttons.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 6 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1954 posts

Feb 1, 2014

i know when i played the Uncharted game the stuff that would normally be the back triggers like the grenades and all were used with the touch screen option.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 6 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1958 posts

Feb 2, 2014
automatically the buttons are mapped to corners of the back touchpad, but game developers can change where they are. For instance, for ghosts, knife if the left front touch screen, and grenade is right front touch screen, running is back left touchpad, and (does anyone actually use secondary grenades in ghosts which are mapped to the back right touchpad)
Message 6 of 6 (261 Views)
0 Likes