Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7615 posts

Re: Vita can only hold/show 100 homescreen Icons/bubbles

Jan 17, 2013

marc2henri wrote:

sadly vita is so limited and locked down. its not even funny. i dont know why sony did all that. you cant share accounts, you cant unlock your vita for other carrier than ATT.you dont get full remote play.i love the vita but i cant wait next year when the hackers decide to unlock the vita. i'd be the first in line. smh

Bad reasoning.

I've gone over this topic countless times: Hacking inevitably leads to piracy, whether you like it or not. It happened with the PS1, PS2, PSP and even PS3 and other consoles. I won't even go through the BS the hackers out as they knowingly enable these things but try to act clueless while they're at it.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 11 of 28 (168 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Heisem wrote:
The search function is meant to find responses to actual problems...this is more of a detail that could be added to a Single FAQ post...stop being such a jerk

Um, ya and this is a problem for some isn't it? Still, are you on crack? A SEARCH function is for one thing, SEARCHING for specific words. And it actually searches the titles, not the responses. It doesn't leave some things out because it's a discussion and not a actual problem with responses....... where'd you get that crap from?

I type "100 icons" in the search and get.......

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-...  Hey look there's the main thread: 64, 128, 256GB Memory Cards, and LiveArea limits,

Oh there's a few others too....

I type "icon limit" and get:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-...

I type "Live Area limit" and get:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-...

Ya.... that was hard................ 

Gamble_STARS wrote:
Don't pay attention to him, when they can't their way in the real world, they try to be big shots online lol.

What're you some 10 year old that had to throw their useless comment in the ring? There's a reason there's a search feature on ANY forum ya twit...... they tend to get cluttered when people ask the same thing over and over. You forgot a word or two in your post by the way.

deaofly wrote:
I just found this out today, it was posted on Engadget and figured it was never mention. Who would use the search feature for something they never heard of??? This isn't a question or bad issue, just some information. Its not a every week posting like with other issues or questions.

"Who would use the search feature for something they never heard of???"  Really? The answer to that is that hard for you to think of?   How bout... oh.... idk seeing if people were talking about it already?

Message 12 of 28 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3117 posts

Jan 17, 2013
DragonIrons just shut the **bleep** up and go complain somewheres else. Its my post, don't like it or what others have posted, then don't read it or respond. Really you can kiss my **bleep** cause we are here for support for one another, not have a whinny **bleep** like yourself who thinks they are above all of us.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 13 of 28 (147 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12330 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Well he has a point....

Because this topic about the icon limit was brought up months ago. It's nothing new, not even remotely. people found out about the icon limit relatively soon after the Vita had 100 titles to begin with, which was in the fall of 2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 28 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3117 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Well that's fine, I got my Vita in June, none of my friends have a Vita and I haven't seen this on here since I started coming back to the PlayStation forums. It was just posted on engadget so I figured it was new. No need for him to act like an **bleep**. My PS3 has a 500gb hard drive and this in not an issue so I would have never thought this was a limit issue on the Vita until today.

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 15 of 28 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Jan 17, 2013
While I'm stuck on the interstate due.to heavy snowfall....Some people who use mobile.devices dint want to scroll all the way to the bottom to search things. Sucks on the mobile device anyway
Message 16 of 28 (129 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Jan 18, 2013

At the risk of sounding rude, but why is it even an issue? I've had my Vita since the day it launched in the US. I use it nearly every day for one thing or another. Yet I'm no where near having 100 icons on my Vita. I have a 16g card. When I'm done with a game I delete it. If I want to play it again, I'll just download it again.

Not trying to be rude, just amazed that there are people that have that much stuff cluttering up their Vitas. I don't think I have 2 dozen bubbles listed on it. Heckfire, I don't even have 2 dozen icons on my laptop desktop (background screen, whatever it's called.)

I guess I just see things a bit differently. If I don't use it, I don't need it there. I don't buy large numbers of games either.

/shrug/ Just my 2 gil on the topic. My apologies if it sounds rude.

Message 17 of 28 (112 Views)
MVP Support
12330 posts

Jan 18, 2013
That's how I am. Well, except for the computer thing, my desktop is quite full.

But my Vita is already full memory wise, I couldn't fit 100 bubbles if I wanted to
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 28 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

At the risk of sounding rude, but why is it even an issue? I've had my Vita since the day it launched in the US. I use it nearly every day for one thing or another. Yet I'm no where near having 100 icons on my Vita. I have a 16g card. When I'm done with a game I delete it. If I want to play it again, I'll just download it again.

Not trying to be rude, just amazed that there are people that have that much stuff cluttering up their Vitas. I don't think I have 2 dozen bubbles listed on it. Heckfire, I don't even have 2 dozen icons on my laptop desktop (background screen, whatever it's called.)

I guess I just see things a bit differently. If I don't use it, I don't need it there. I don't buy large numbers of games either.

/shrug/ Just my 2 gil on the topic. My apologies if it sounds rude.

I'm confused as well. What's the point of having 50 MINI GAMES?! And if you have 20 PS Vita games along with 10 PS1 titles?! I see no reason for this unless you're just showing off how many games you have. Even on a road trip I find it hard to believe that all 100 programs would be used. To me, a good 4-5 screens (including what apps we're given) is way more than enough.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Message 19 of 28 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2510 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:
i was just about to say how does someone have that many things, until i saw the minis. i only have about 15 purchased things, and they are mostly all vita games, (2 PSM)

You have about 15 bubbles that belong to the default Apps (Near, PSN, Welcome Park, etc). So from the start you only have room for 85 bubbles. 85 games between PSV + PSP + PSOne Classics isn't really that far fetched really. A lot of people have bought enough PSP / PSOne games (like, for example, former PSP Go owners)~.

I also understand why people wouldn't want to delete the games they have from their memcard soon as they finish. Isn't a lot more convenient to have everything available if you get the itch to replay something? Add to that the fact that downloads from the PSN are excruciatingly slow and it makes all the more sense~.

I do agree in that it isn't a huge issue, but I don't think people reaching the 100 bubbles mark should be ignored and / or dismissed either~.

Message 20 of 28 (69 Views)