Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 30 2013
By: aquastorm I Only Post Everything 1185 posts

Vita impressions from anyone over the age of 30?

39 replies 942 views Edited Mar 30, 2013

Considering purchsing a Vita and was curious to hear if there's anyone on here over the age of 30 that has impressions of the Vita.  

Was it worth the purcahse to you?  Do you still actually use it?  Any game recommendations?  Do you see much potential or future in the Vita?  

Thanks

Message 1 of 40 (942 Views)
Splicer
86 posts

Re: Vita impressions from anyone over the age of 30?

Mar 30, 2013

I am 31 and I love my Vita.  I play MLB, CODBOD, FIFA, MORTAL KOMBAT, AI, UCGA, GR and Madden 13.  They are almost all as good as console.  They are quite as good as a PS3, but they are by far the best on any handheld!

Message 2 of 40 (941 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

I'm 30, and I love my Vita. I bought the Assassin's Creed bundle from Amazon on Black Friday deal that also came with a download code for Playstation Allstars.

Prior to buying my Vita I have also been an active PS+ subscriber and have also purchased several digital PSP games and PSone classics, so once I got my Vita I had plenty of games to play on it.

The only drawback is the price of memory cards (I already filled up my 32 GB card) and don't really feel like buying another one.

If you do decide to purchase a Vita and are not already a PS+ subscriber, doing so is a great way to get into it with plenty of games.

If you're an open minded gamer who is willing to try all genres it's a great way to see what the system is all about.

If you're are also a PS3 owner, PS+ is the best way to get the most out of both systems since a single subscription covers both systems.

PSN Gamercards

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just put "playstation forums" in the friend request.
Message 3 of 40 (900 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1158 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I am 55 and have enjoyed my vita for a while now. Play during breaks at work to make work more enjoyable. The games are good and fun to play. Uncharted being the best, game and graphic wise combined,at lease to me. But others are good to play also. Several real good and addictive mini games to play for quickey moments also. Jetpack Joyride anyone. If you are older you will also enjoy playing the psp and ps1 games that you always wanted to play over but never would on your home console.They look really good on the vita also and map out great with the two sticks. I have enjoyed that as much as the new games on it. Now browser wise it does not do video so it can not compete with a smart phone or tablet but it does document pages very good and will download movies from some sites straight to it which is a big plus. Apps are ok. Skype is about the only one I use. It does better than my computer. E mail seems not to do well without being able to play video. Most e mail is not compatable. Netflix app is good as long as you have wifi connection. Other apps are there if you like them but there are not that many. Over all I fill like I am getting my moneys worth. And I have seen several games coming out for it that I am looking forward to playing on it. Final Fantasy 10 come on down. It is a good buy. But do your reserch and look for the kind of games you like on it for yourself also. Check psn out because you will end up downloading a lot from it over buying the games at the stores. It just seems to work that way.

Happy Gaming To All.

Message 4 of 40 (891 Views)
Survivor
2510 posts

Mar 31, 2013

aquastorm wrote:

Considering purchsing a Vita and was curious to hear if there's anyone on here over the age of 30 that has impressions of the Vita.  

Was it worth the purcahse to you?  Do you still actually use it?  Any game recommendations?  Do you see much potential or future in the Vita?  

Thanks

I'm 31, bought it on launch day (I was travelling in London at that time). The purchase was absolutely worth it to me, but I will admit that it helped a lot that I skipped on the PS3 / XBOX360 / Wii generation. As you may've heard, the PSV has a good amount of ports, for somebody who owned a PS3 / XBOX 360, many of those games would seem redundant~.

Unlike a lot of people I do not look down on backwards compatibility either, I think the PSP had an amazing library so getting the chance to play many of those games on the PSV also help in extending the use you'd give the system~. 

As for usage, I use my PSV easily 10 ~ 16 hours a week; I find the system to be that good and enjoyable and I have an obscene backlog. We could recomend you a bunch of games but you should tell us what genres appeal to you first or otherwise it'd be a waste of time. Persona 4: The Golden is a masterpiece but that means little if you dont'like JRPGs~.

As for buying one, I think now is the perfect time. There's a good selection of games and the only con is the steep entry price courtesy of the memcards. But if money isn't an issue you should definitely get one~.

Message 5 of 40 (839 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Im 39 and its the best hand held i have owned  and they been having great releases coming out i pick up dead or alive plus for the Vita and its One oif the best games i have played so far .. and there are many other great games for it to.  

www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/torch73.png
Message 6 of 40 (826 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3567 posts

Mar 31, 2013

I'm 46, and have a First Edition Bundle. I love free things like Treasures of Montezuma Blitz. 6 or 7 minutes here and there, it doesn't take large chunks of time, and is somewhat competitive. :robotindifferent:

Any kind of game you think you like, if it's available on the PSN store for PS Vita, it works. Not everything is available from the PSP catalog, but many good games are. Replay or play for the first time. :robothappy:

New games are coming this year that I am excited about. I particularly loved LEGO LoTR, and will play it over again. [There are two more new LEGO games coming out later this year as well.] I'm also a AFOL but I don't know if more people wouldn't just LOVE to smash enemies into LEGO bits if they knew how much fun it was. I haven't played other LEGO games, but my children do have previous PS3 Star Wars LEGO games, and LoTR LEGO for PS3 and for PS Vita both are superb in comparison.

PS Vita has a beautiful screen and feels good to hold. You can watch NETFLIX and one day maybe we'll get VUDU (which has become more and more important to me with all the Digital Copy that is going Ultraviolet ... it'll benefit me on my PC or Tablet only for now, so I'm hoping for VUDU support.)

PS Vita is easy to use, it's a very nice handheld. I had two PSP's before this, and an (original) Gameboy. I'm not a massive gamer, but I sure massively game SOME games here and there, and light stuff in between.

I have had PS+ for a long while now, plenty of little games available and new things every month, plus now PS Vita gets more from that program as well.Full PS Vita games.

Another game that is ridiculously awesome--> if you have ever played LBP (Little Big Planet) LBPV is really nice. 

There are so many new titles coming out, now is a great time to get into a PS Vita.

Message 7 of 40 (801 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7025 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

I'm 34 years old and its the best handheld i have ever owned, i bought it at launch date and it has been totally worth it. I use it all the time in fact i have been using it more than my ps3 since i got it.

games recommendations: Little Big Planet, Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD,Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Sound Shapes, Escape Plan, Ragnarok Odyssey, Wipeout 2048, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and Playstation plus. 

I do see a lot of potential in the future: Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, Warrior's Lair seem like very good games and the ability to play almost all ps4 games through remote play powered by gaikai technology is looking more appealing in my opinion. 

I know sony will focus heavely on the ps4 at E3 but i have a feeling we will see some big game announcements on the vita side as well. 

Message 8 of 40 (790 Views)
VP of Gaming
30320 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

I'm 30 in 3 days, I'd love to give you my thoughts but apparently I'm ineligible to respond!!!!!

BRIT-KO

Message 9 of 40 (777 Views)
Wastelander
689 posts

Mar 31, 2013

35 here,got my vita last june and i love it. i take it everywhere i go. i use all the features, browser, gaming,video, music and gaming. love it all and would not trade it in for anything. 

Message 10 of 40 (753 Views)
0 Likes