Apr 24 2013
By: faraway25 Monster Hunter 41 posts

WARNING! BLACK ROCK SHOOTER THE GAME IS NOT A PSN GAME!!

[ Edited ]
12 replies 2470 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

Ok, before I contact Sony about a refund  I want to warn you guys first. The game in the PS Store called "Black Rock Shooter The Game" says it's a PSN Game, PSP Game and PS Vita game. This is not the case. I don't know about the Vita because I don't own one but you can't play it off your PS3, just the PSP if you have one or still have one.

Message 1 of 13 (2,470 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10763 posts

Re: WARNING! BLACK ROCK SHOOTER THE GAME IS NOT A PSN GAME!!

Apr 25, 2013

I just looked up this title on the PSN Store, and it says right under the title:  "PSP, PS Vita".

Not sure where you even thought it would work on the PS3.

Good luck with the refund, though.

Message 2 of 13 (2,444 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 25, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

I just looked up this title on the PSN Store, and it says right under the title:  "PSP, PS Vita".

Good on ya. I couldn't even find the game.

Message 3 of 13 (2,436 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 25, 2013

sometimes, like pants vs zombies...its a little unclear as to the specific format or platform of the game, an honest mistake is most cases, hope the refund works out for ya.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 13 (2,432 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Apr 25, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

yea all the games specify the platform they are for..some people just fail to read it all and just click to buy it but they could put it in bigger print to stand out more but i always look everything over very closely before i actually spend any money..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 5 of 13 (2,428 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10763 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

sometimes, like pants vs zombies...its a little unclear as to the specific format or platform of the game, an honest mistake is most cases, hope the refund works out for ya.

I don't know what PSN Store doesn't make it clear...  then again, maybe it's a new store feature, but it is pretty clear which system a game is for when you go to the game's page...

The game in question... on the game's page, the top of the page shows...

Black Rock Shooter The Game

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSP, PS Vita | PSN Game | 1GB | 4.23.2013

Not very confusing, is it?  Unlike the stores on some devices, you have to go to the game's page to find the 'Add to Cart' button - which also shows specifically which device(s) the game is for in the 'Added to your cart' screen that pops up.  Then you hit 'Proceed to Checkout' which goes to a screen showing the purchase amount, as well as your wallet balance.  This screen also shows clearly what system(s) your purchase is for.  So, that's 3 screens on your way to confirming a purchase which indicate the system the game is for.  And it's not hidden.  It is right there in pretty plain sight.

As for stating 'PSN Game', that is simply indicating that the game can only be bought through the PSN Store.  The only other text that will show in this spot is 'Full Game' (which indicates that the game is also available on Blu-ray via retail) or 'Demo' (which is pretty self explanatory).

Message 6 of 13 (2,419 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I said some. 

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 7 of 13 (2,414 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10763 posts

Apr 25, 2013

johngie wrote:

Good on ya. I couldn't even find the game.

I did a search for it.  It is also on the PSP Channels new release page....  and that's the only place I can find it without doing a search, so there's another flag for the OP...  Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 13 (2,405 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Seems pretty **bleep** clear to me:

Blackrock

I hope you do not get a refund. Sony shouldn't refund stupidity.

Message 9 of 13 (2,401 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Apr 25, 2013

faraway25 wrote:

Ok, before I contact Sony about a refund  I want to warn you guys first. The game in the PS Store called "Black Rock Shooter The Game" says it's a PSN Game, PSP Game and PS Vita game. This is not the case. I don't know about the Vita because I don't own one but you can't play it off your PS3, just the PSP if you have one or still have one.

Inform yourself better; read blogs, news, etc. Everybody and their mothers knew this game was for the PSP (and PSV by association). You don't deserve a refund~.

Message 10 of 13 (2,393 Views)
0 Likes