MVP Support
8943 posts

Re: WHY DO YOU THINK THE DIGITAL COMICS ARE CLOSED?

Apr 28, 2013

Olygo024 wrote:

So, what will happen to the comic icon in Xcrossview. Will it disappear from the XMB in future updates of PSP? 

There hasn't been a PSP firmware update in over a year as far as I know, so there may not be another PSP update.  I doubt it would disappear, since there are SOME people that have digital comic content.  I no longer own a PSP, so I don't know if it still functions or not.

Message 11 of 17 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 28, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Olygo024 wrote:

So, what will happen to the comic icon in Xcrossview. Will it disappear from the XMB in future updates of PSP? 

There hasn't been a PSP firmware update in over a year as far as I know, so there may not be another PSP update.  I doubt it would disappear, since there are SOME people that have digital comic content.  I no longer own a PSP, so I don't know if it still functions or not.

Digital comics still work properly on PSP. I can still read them. Though very rarely, I read them. So, all are saying that there may be no more updates of PSP. So, can we say that PSP will slowly disappear or will still be there like the low-budget PS2 still available in market.

IGNITED MINDS
Message 12 of 17 (44 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8943 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Olygo024 wrote:

Digital comics still work properly on PSP. I can still read them. Though very rarely, I read them. So, all are saying that there may be no more updates of PSP. So, can we say that PSP will slowly disappear or will still be there like the low-budget PS2 still available in market.

As far as I know, there are still games being released for the PSP (I think all of which work on the PSVita as well), so it is still a supported system, but I'm not sure how long that will last.  The PS2 was just discontinued this past February, so I assume the PSP will be supported this way for at least another couple of years.  I think the main reason games are still being developed for it is that there are still many more PSPs out there than PS Vitas, so developers are counting on the PSP game sales; they develop one game, don't need to worry about trophies and such, and it can be played on two different platforms.

Message 13 of 17 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 28, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

As far as I know, there are still games being released for the PSP (I think all of which work on the PSVita as well), so it is still a supported system, but I'm not sure how long that will last.  The PS2 was just discontinued this past February, so I assume the PSP will be supported this way for at least another couple of years.  I think the main reason games are still being developed for it is that there are still many more PSPs out there than PS Vitas, so developers are counting on the PSP game sales; they develop one game, don't need to worry about trophies and such, and it can be played on two different platforms.

So, PS2 is discontinued, at last. We can then say that if the sales of vita increases then, PSP will be closed. But vita is to costly compared to PSPs. If its cost decreases then there is a probability of more buyers, resulting in discontinuty of PSP. 

IGNITED MINDS
Message 14 of 17 (39 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12547 posts

Apr 28, 2013
There are still games made, but by 3rd parties. Sony does not support the system anymore. Not in the US at least. As such,, future updates are doubtful
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 17 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 30, 2013

PS2, the most sold unit of PS is discontinued. I think PS should introduce a cheap or decrease PS3 price to substitute. PS2 game titles are also cheap.

IGNITED MINDS
Message 16 of 17 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I'm guessing it flopped badly

I didn't even know Sony had comics...

Whats this about anime and manga? Did they sell that too? Did they have anything good?

Message 17 of 17 (21 Views)
0 Likes