Jul 07 2013
By: ima_speck11 First Son 1 posts

WIfe who doesn't play needs help finding PS3 game 4 hubby 's bd

4 replies 105 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

My husband's birthday is coming up and I have bought him all kinds of games in the past. However, he got hooked on playing White Knight Chronicles ever since it came out around 5 years ago. Now that it is no longer an online game in the US he is trying to wait patiently for Final Fantasy XIV to come out (the Friday & Saturday beta play just isn't enough)...it ain't working and he's driving us both nuts. Will someone please help me find him a game for his birthday please since I know absolutely nothing about any of them? PLEASE!!!

He likes to play games with teammates, not the kind where everyone is out for himself (or one on one I think it's called) and he doesn't like war games. He is more into fantasy play--RPG, MMO (whatever that means). It doesn't have to be this years model, but just a good game to tide him over until Final Fantasy XIV comes out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Re: WIfe who doesn't play needs help finding PS3 game 4 hubby 's bd

Jul 7, 2013

Ni No Kuni Wrath Of The White Witch is actually a great RPG, albiet targeted to younger players what with the Pokemon elements it has. But I am 42 years old and love it. It has a great story and is kinda long. Look it up and then judge for yourself as I know there are folks that don't like the game.

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 2 of 5 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Not an online game, but he might like Skyrim.

If you guys also get a PS4 in the future, he might also like The Elder Scrolls Online, which releases in 2014 afaik.
Message 3 of 5 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jul 7, 2013
anything with the title Ni No Kuni or Atelier Totori.....or go to a gamestop....and ask them about Japanese Role Playing Games....because thats what it seems like he likes to play
Message 4 of 5 (73 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8180 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

ima_speck11 wrote:

My husband's birthday is coming up and I have bought him all kinds of games in the past. However, he got hooked on playing White Knight Chronicles ever since it came out around 5 years ago. Now that it is no longer an online game in the US he is trying to wait patiently for Final Fantasy XIV to come out (the Friday & Saturday beta play just isn't enough)...it ain't working and he's driving us both nuts. Will someone please help me find him a game for his birthday please since I know absolutely nothing about any of them? PLEASE!!!

He likes to play games with teammates, not the kind where everyone is out for himself (or one on one I think it's called) and he doesn't like war games. He is more into fantasy play--RPG, MMO (whatever that means). It doesn't have to be this years model, but just a good game to tide him over until Final Fantasy XIV comes out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series.    Best games ever.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 5 of 5 (70 Views)
0 Likes