Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 16 2013
By: ShadowGrace First Son 4 posts

WORST PLAYSTATION EXPERIENCE EVER!

18 replies 766 views Edited Apr 16, 2013

Hey all,

I am looking for some advice. I cannot stress enough how frustrated and upset I am with the whole situation, it's just crazy.

Here's the scoop:

I bought the InFamous Collection from sony's RLS program -if you guys know what that is great, if not it's no biggie -and inside was the InFamous Super Voucher Card. The day I received the game in the mail, I went to put in the code and play the game. I am a huge InFamous fan. Now the code was within the expiration date and the game was brand new & sealed so the code should have worked. However, when I put in the code I kept getting an error message that said invalid. Now, I just called up PlaystatIon support because well...my code should have worked. The guy on the other end of the phone was great -smooth sailing until here -and told me that if I take pictures of the voucher and my receipt and email them to playstation, that within 6 business days I should be all set and back to gaming. Alas, after 8 business days I still hadn't heard anything from Playstation. So I get on the horn with support, this time via chat, and long behold the guy says.....sorry there is nothing we can do or will do. So I manage to talk to supervisor and same story. Even though when I initially called support my code was within the expiration date and should have worked, by the time support got around to helping dear old die-hard PlayStation fan.....they couldn't and wouldn't help! Now, I do not believe it is unreasonable to expect that if my problem occurred within the expiration date, for a good that I had exchanged monies for should be remedied

So what do I do?  So far I am just out cold......

This is a terrible thing to happen to a consumer of Sony/PlayStation, let alone a hardcore fan.

Thanks,

Shadow

Message 1 of 19 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Re: WORST PLAYSTATION EXPERIENCE EVER!

Apr 16, 2013

Id contact the company that makes the game....jus sayin

Message 2 of 19 (739 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1209 posts

Apr 16, 2013

brainfried999 wrote:

Id contact the company that makes the game....jus sayin

They were also "jus sayin" that. They contacted Sony, who owns Sucker Punch, who makes the game.

Message 3 of 19 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Apr 16, 2013

If everything fails you, contact http://www.ftc.gov/

Annoying enough that codes expire at all. If you've done nothing wrong and they refuse to offer you access to your paid content, teach them the hard way.

Message 4 of 19 (706 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Call Sony, have your recipt for the purchase IN HAND. Give them all the information on the recipt. Once they match the sale of the system in their records, they will give you a new redeem code to use. I just gave this information to another user with the same issue with the same bundle. Just make sure you talk to them calmly.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Message 5 of 19 (668 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Apr 17, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Call Sony, have your recipt for the purchase IN HAND. Give them all the information on the recipt. Once they match the sale of the system in their records, they will give you a new redeem code to use. I just gave this information to another user with the same issue with the same bundle. Just make sure you talk to them calmly.

This....

Don't bother responding.... JUST DO IT.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 6 of 19 (617 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I bought the Greatest Hits version of Dead Island a little while ago and although the box stated that it came with the DLC, I found that it was neither on the disc nor on a voucher. So I contacted the game's developer, in this case Deep Silver, and explained. A photograph of the game and two emails later and I had a new code to redeem. Contact the developer, not Sony.
Message 7 of 19 (529 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Apr 17, 2013
You bought a game that had a code with it, he bought the system that had the code. If its a system bundle, you get in touch with Sony as they packaged the deal. If it was just a game in your case, you contact the developor
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Message 8 of 19 (504 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 27, 2013

So far no one has been able to help me. I spoke with a manager last time.....crazy thing is it says right on the code voucher to contact Sony with problems (which I did already within the expiration date).

Message 9 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 27, 2013

ShadowGrace wrote:

So far no one has been able to help me. I spoke with a manager last time.....crazy thing is it says right on the code voucher to contact Sony with problems (which I did already within the expiration date).

Sorry to hear that! :smileysad:

Message 10 of 19 (341 Views)
0 Likes