Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Re: Waiting on PS4, shoddy PS3 browser

Mar 31, 2013
when they say "it only does everything" they didn't literally mean you should use it for everything
Message 21 of 29 (101 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Mar 31, 2013

my ps3 super slim browser works fine but the internet is slow thats cause my internet connection is bad

Message 22 of 29 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Mar 31, 2013

emtee40 wrote:
So, I'm gonna wait on PS4 literally because of browser. I know the PS3 is a console, not PC, but if you sit in gloat about how powerful the CPU is, or graphic rendering abilities, well, walk the walk.

its horrible. I'm 3 month in my run on my PS3 and I'm literally giving up on Sony consoles.
I'm not a troll, nor gonna feed them. I'm directing this to Sony publicly, instead of email.

I hate the ps3, ps2 was better at its time with less capabilities of the other consoles, but efficient. I tell everyone that it is crap. junk
waste of money.
homebrew maybe an option worth trying.
its crap and I wish I could get my money back. I bought it used, and its a slim from 2010.
crap, crap, crap, oh did I say, crap.
and if trolls decide try to say I lack experience, I'm 32 years old, run a MUD on my own Linux server, and kind of know if a duck is a duck.
Big deal your 32  oh by the way this thread is  a epic fail -1 

Message 23 of 29 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Every browser on a console from now on should be like the WiiU browser.
Message 24 of 29 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

Tribble-  I have an LG LM 6700. Plays video's just fine I was using the youtube app yesterday. I was looking at the samsung model as well but I did not want to deal with the hassle of Active 3D so I went with a passive 3D system.

I know sony is trying to make the PS3 and the PS4 into a media hub but I am going to not do that. Im upgrading my surround sound system soon w/ a 3D blu ray player and I'll watch nextflix / hulu through my TV apps so my PS4 will be just primarly for games. I'm happy w/ the use I have put my PS3 through but if sony wants me to use their prouct as a media hub then how about using some good quality thermal paste and make it to last the long haul w/ a lot of use. I never had the YLOD on my PS3 but it was not an isoloated problem either.

Message 25 of 29 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Mar 31, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Tribble-  I have an LG LM 6700. Plays video's just fine I was using the youtube app yesterday. I was looking at the samsung model as well but I did not want to deal with the hassle of Active 3D so I went with a passive 3D system.

I know sony is trying to make the PS3 and the PS4 into a media hub but I am going to not do that. Im upgrading my surround sound system soon w/ a 3D blu ray player and I'll watch nextflix / hulu through my TV apps so my PS4 will be just primarly for games. I'm happy w/ the use I have put my PS3 through but if sony wants me to use their prouct as a media hub then how about using some good quality thermal paste and make it to last the long haul w/ a lot of use. I never had the YLOD on my PS3 but it was not an isoloated problem either.

55" (or bigger) - nice Smiley Happy (I've only got a 40"). Based on a few reviews, it sounds like the browser is possibly better than say Samsung's, but still isn't as good as a computer or tablet browser (one user was saying they were getting a "Flash is out of date" message and another had lockups on videos). I think I read somewhere that Opera make the browser, who also made the Wii browser, which was a reasonable effort. 

Anyway, it sounds like LG has you covered, but assuming Sony betters the Wii U browser in the PS4, which by all accounts is the best console browser to date, you may find in future that some sites will stop working on your LG and the PS4 might come to the rescue.

BTW, do you have a smart phone and if so, was I right that most of the time "mobile" versions of sites are preferable as although the full site might look cool on your phone, trying to actually use it on a 4"+ screen is really hard work (too much pinching and zooming and scrolling about).

Message 26 of 29 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

I got the 47" It fit my TV stand perfectly.  I have a smart phone and I dont like mobile sites. I always go to the desktop version. I dont care what sites work or dont work on my LG in the future. I have a laptop that I use to go online with. I use my TV for watching TV and movies, I use my game console for playing games, I use my laptop for the websites. I use products are they are intened so I dont have to worry about the browing capability of my PS3 / PS4 or TV. I bought the TV based on quality, reviews and features and how good the 3D was. The last thing on my mind was how good the interent browser was and I could careless what the PS4 has for one b/c I'll never use it.

Message 27 of 29 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Apr 23, 2013

for those that question web surfing on a game console,just get over it. things change and evolve. people skype from their tablet,play games on their phone and upload video to youtube from their digital camera. the ps3 is an option for connecting to the internet and some.like me,wish the ps3 browser would be better. web surfing on a 42" tv from my recliner is very pleasant and my hope is for the ps4 to offer an improved experience of that. this post was made from my ps3.

Message 28 of 29 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Apr 23, 2013
  1. images.jpg 
  2. So your telling us that you are quitting playstation because it has a crappy browser? dude this is a gaming console, It's only designed for gaming what do you expect??!?!? Surely if you had more "experience" like you say than you would allready know that by now....  sheez ppl these days
PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 29 of 29 (46 Views)
0 Likes