Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 12 2013
By: CyberOcelot Lombax Warrior 121 posts

Wake Up Club (Vita) Patch? Fix?

11 replies 436 views Edited Apr 12, 2013

For an alarm clock, Wake Up Club doesn't seem to be very dependable. I've been scouring the internet finding every issue and fix listed. I've applied them all, and I still can't say Wake Up Club is reliable.

Any news I may have missed for a patch or fix coming?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7551 posts

Re: Wake Up Club (Vita) Patch? Fix?

Apr 12, 2013
Did you give Wake Up Club permission to start your Vita?
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:
Did you give Wake Up Club permission to start your Vita?

Yep.

You're not experiencing the same issues?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
425 posts

Apr 14, 2013
So you mean that it doesn't ring consistantly? I've never had a problem with that. I just make sure there aren't other apps open, the timer is set so that the bubble in the top left says to leave it on that screen, and that the volume is really high. Then I just put it to sleep. It's always gone off for me. The main issue I have is that all of the other people in the club are already awake when I turn off the alarm. Even if I wake up in two seconds.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4960 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, I stopped using it because some days it would work, where other days it just wouldn't start. Plus it's not even loud enough for me, my phone alarm is loud and and extremely annoying.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (183 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2566 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

You would think it would be difficult for a huge multinational electronics company to mess up an alarm app. I guess Sony found a way to do that.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,600+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
652 posts

Apr 14, 2013

its strange, i hear alot of people havin problems with this, i use my wake up club app every other day and has ever had a problem with it. works like a charm. also hear ppl say if power goes out loose ur wifi and hat stops the alarm. my wifi modem has back up power so i have never lost that.  only little tiny issue i do find is no matter wat i do i cant get wake ul before 2 seconds. other than that i love the app. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Apr 15, 2013

The app is very picky. I read ALL the tips... 

• The alarm must be set further then 5 minutes (so you can't test reliability by setting it one minute away).
  • You shouldn't press the Stand-By button.
  • UPS power strip (Battery Back up) is being used to ensure no power loss to internet or router providing Wi-Fi

I've even troubleshooted by deleting and re-installing the app, formatting the memory stick, restoring the Vita to factory settings, and even running the Vita with ONLY the Wake Club app installed.

At first it worked great, for about a week. Now, no matter what I do, I can never get it back to the performance and reliability I enjoyed in that first week.

I've seen similar complaints all over the internet. Has there been any acknowledgement or news from Sony on the issue and whether or not they plan to do anything about it?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I wish Wake-Up Club worked like it's supposed to. I've never had any issues with the alarm going off, however. The alarm is dependable, but the social connection with other users is the problem.

The alarm goes off, first screen I see is "do you want to launch wake-up club". I hit yes. Then I see my bouncing avatar. (never once have I heard someone "cheering" me on.) I hit my avatar. Immediately I'm taken to the results screen because everyone in my group is already awake every single time. But, on top of that, I'm somehow always first place. Obviously something needs to be fixed.

Don Mesa replied to me before that he would pass along my feedback to the devs. I'd love for someone to admit there is an issue and for it to be resolved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Squiggle55 wrote:

I wish Wake-Up Club worked like it's supposed to. I've never had any issues with the alarm going off, however. The alarm is dependable, but the social connection with other users is the problem.

The alarm goes off, first screen I see is "do you want to launch wake-up club". I hit yes. Then I see my bouncing avatar. (never once have I heard someone "cheering" me on.) I hit my avatar. Immediately I'm taken to the results screen because everyone in my group is already awake every single time. But, on top of that, I'm somehow always first place. Obviously something needs to be fixed.

Don Mesa replied to me before that he would pass along my feedback to the devs. I'd love for someone to admit there is an issue and for it to be resolved.

Odd indeed. I'd assume the same is happening with me when the app is working. I never heard anyone trying to wake me up, and I get the pop up before hand as well. 

Just wanted to point out that, this morning, I had a Wake Up Club alarm set to 7am AND a standard alarm set to 7:30am. Neither worked this morning.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (151 Views)
0 Likes