Reply
Jul 12 2012
By: GJOHNGOTTI First Son 2 posts
Offline

Weird Spam Message

[ Edited ]
9 replies 280 views Edited Jul 25, 2014

I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE

 

HI MY PSN ID IS GJOHNGOTTI AND I HADE SENT THE SAME MESSAGE TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN NOTHING HAPPENED

 

 

updated title for clarity, added labels ask the community and other -FluffyKitty_0256

Message 1 of 10 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
34994 posts
 

Re: I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2012

GJOHNGOTTI wrote:
HI MY PSN ID IS GJOHNGOTTI AND I HADE SENT THE SAME MESSAGE TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN NOTHING HAPPENED

If I'm understanding you correctly you received a message on your PS3 asking you to send it to all your friends because if you did you would receive a code for a certain amount of money, probably $20.00 or $50.00, is that correct?

 

That message was SPAM, you need to report the ID that sent it to you then you need to delete it.

 

Because you have already forwarded it to all your friends there is now a chance that Sony will suspend of ban your account, it doesn't matter that you were not the original author of the message, you still forwarded it to everyone on your friends list, which brings me on to the point that you probably have a large number of **bleep** off friends too now, who in turn, if they're silly enough will also forward it on to everyone on their friends list & so the chain continues, all beacause you believed this rubbish!

 

Did you really think this was real?, have you never heard the saying if it looks to good to be true it usually is?

 

Words fail me.

Message 2 of 10 (271 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2009
Online
7775 posts
 

Re: I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE

Jul 12, 2012
Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, just like e-mail, PSN is also affected by spam and chainmail. Fake letters promising "Free Codes" are distributed around PSN in order to trick people to forwarding them.

Sorry for the disappointment, but like in life, there's no free lunch! (Except for free online play on PSN for games that you own) Smiley Wink

-Doppel D.
Message 3 of 10 (251 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/17/2010
Offline
849 posts
 

Re: I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE

Jul 12, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

GJOHNGOTTI wrote:
HI MY PSN ID IS GJOHNGOTTI AND I HADE SENT THE SAME MESSAGE TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN NOTHING HAPPENED

If I'm understanding you correctly you received a message on your PS3 asking you to send it to all your friends because if you did you would receive a code for a certain amount of money, probably $20.00 or $50.00, is that correct?

 

That message was SPAM, you need to report the ID that sent it to you then you need to delete it.

 

Because you have already forwarded it to all your friends there is now a chance that Sony will suspend of ban your account, it doesn't matter that you were not the original author of the message, you still forwarded it to everyone on your friends list, which brings me on to the point that you probably have a large number of **bleep** off friends too now, who in turn, if they're silly enough will also forward it on to everyone on their friends list & so the chain continues, all beacause you believed this rubbish!

 

Did you really think this was real?, have you never heard the saying if it looks to good to be true it usually is?

 

Words fail me.


Everytime i see a post about SPAM on PS3 ...

 

I know for a FACT BRIT-KO will respond no DOUBT about it lol!!

 

Cheers!



Message 4 of 10 (245 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
34994 posts
 

Re: I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

D3m0n__89 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

GJOHNGOTTI wrote:
HI MY PSN ID IS GJOHNGOTTI AND I HADE SENT THE SAME MESSAGE TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN NOTHING HAPPENED

If I'm understanding you correctly you received a message on your PS3 asking you to send it to all your friends because if you did you would receive a code for a certain amount of money, probably $20.00 or $50.00, is that correct?

 

That message was SPAM, you need to report the ID that sent it to you then you need to delete it.

 

Because you have already forwarded it to all your friends there is now a chance that Sony will suspend of ban your account, it doesn't matter that you were not the original author of the message, you still forwarded it to everyone on your friends list, which brings me on to the point that you probably have a large number of **bleep** off friends too now, who in turn, if they're silly enough will also forward it on to everyone on their friends list & so the chain continues, all beacause you believed this rubbish!

 

Did you really think this was real?, have you never heard the saying if it looks to good to be true it usually is?

 

Words fail me.


Everytime i see a post about SPAM on PS3 ...

 

I know for a FACT BRIT-KO will respond no DOUBT about it lol!!

 

Cheers!


**bleep** good response though, if I do say so myself!

Message 5 of 10 (236 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/17/2010
Offline
849 posts
 

Re: I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE

Jul 13, 2012

LOL...

 

BRITO-KO,

 

You just made my LOL !!! no lie!! hahahah!!!

 



Message 6 of 10 (219 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
34994 posts
 

Re: I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE

Jul 13, 2012

Glad I put a smile on your face!

Message 7 of 10 (215 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/25/2014
Offline
11 posts
 

Re: I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE

Jul 25, 2014

so if i report the guy's psn who sent me the chainmail letter than do they get banned or something? because i was in the same position

 

Message 8 of 10 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
34994 posts
 

Re: I GOT THE SAME MESSAGE

Jul 25, 2014

Notlawgnut wrote:

so if i report the guy's psn who sent me the chainmail letter than do they get banned or something? because i was in the same position

 


Not always, but there is a good chance that someone will be banned ro suspended for sending spam messages like those mentioned in this Thread, yes.

 

BRIT-KO

Message 9 of 10 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/23/2010
Online
3343 posts
 

Re: Weird Spam Message

Jul 26, 2014

I used to get these myself. At first I was just too lazy send them to people. After playing Pheonix Wright on Wii, I decided to point out a contradiction in the letter. They claimed the code worked because they tried it, but it also needed to be sent to their friends as well. If you think about it, they either cheated the system or they haven't tried it, meaning they lied. If you point this out to people who send you these messages, you can probably get them to break the cycle.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 10 of 10 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes