Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 07 2012
By: mochuuu SCEA 1482 posts

Welcome to Long Live Play PSN Community Spotlight (READ FIRST!)

Playstation Staff
15 replies 1101 views Edited Mar 7, 2012

This new weekly blog series is designed to give you, the gamer, a voice in the world of PlayStation. This is your chance to tell your PlayStation story. Oh and if bragging rights from being featured on the PlayStation Blog wasn’t enough, if you’re selected, we’ll send you a voucher for a $50 credit in the PlayStation Store.

We’ve created a new space in the PlayStation Community Forums for members of the PSN Community to create posts on whatever they’re passionate about with PlayStation. Each new post is considered your own entry to take the spotlight. I and other members of the PS Community Mod Team will be reviewing the entries every week and pick one lucky winner to be posted every Sunday on the PlayStation Blog. If your post is selected, we’ll message you on the forums to get your post ready and get it featured on the blog. Please note that any posts selected to be on the Blog may be edited to fit blog format, though for the most part, we’ll be pretty hands off.

With that, here are some helpful tips on how you can stand the best chance to be featured.

• Engage with responses to your posts on the forum. The more discussion a post stimulates, the more it would make for a great post to feature on the Blog.
  • Approach it with passion. PlayStation is a big part of all of our lives. Really break it down why it’s awesome for you. Tell us what you’re looking forward to in gaming. What do you think about multiplayer mechanics in Starhawk? How do you decide what games get your time? What is it about PlayStation Home that keeps you coming back? Anything, as long as you’ve got the passion.
  • Don’t make a wishlist post. Keep it to things that have been announced and/or are real on PlayStation products.
  • No need to pan the competition. Keep it PlayStation-centric.

Posting in this forum also opens up more opportunities for you tell your PlayStation story in other channels outside of the PlayStation Blog. We’re always looking for fans to tell their story on us.playstation.com, even talk with select news outlets!

The target launch date on the Blog for this series is March 31st. The forum space is now open, and we’ll be selecting the first posts soon.

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 1 of 16 (1,101 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: Welcome to Long Live Play PSN Community Spotlight (READ FIRST!)

Apr 12, 2012

thumbnail.jpg I LOVE THE PORTABLE PSVITA IT AWSOME TY SONY   KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.   I GOT A QUASTION  IS THERE GOING TO BE A PLAYSTATION HOME SOFFTWARE IT SO PSVITA TO GO ON HOME? INCASE PS3 BURN OUT

Message 2 of 16 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 10, 2012

Thank you PSN and Sony. I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year and really felt no hope. I had to retire at 44. I purchased my first PS3 in April and may I say it has changed everything. I love everything about gaming. The PSN community is fantastic! New friends, new experiences every day. I can't afford all the bells and whistles that you offer but what I do have is immensley appreciated. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for changing what was looking to be a boring and unfulfilling life. Again the PSN community ROCKS! Game on!

Message 3 of 16 (1,082 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012
i hope you read my story and like it
it
it
hey
Message 4 of 16 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Hey Mochuuu and PS Community :smileyvery-happy: My story dates way back to the PS One, my sister and our first game Rugrats!! My dad got us a PS One after our old Sega finally burnt out while my brothers bought NBA Live 98 I went a different route and went half with my sister and we got the Rugrats game she wasn't a big video game player but she loved that cartoon so I figured what better way to get her into gaming than this and it worked!!!! We spent hours playing that game beating it then playing it again and again. From there we started to play games like street fighter, tekken, and need for speed together. Every weekend we'd sit down and have a little marathon and play through a bunch of games together. Well time passed as did the console generations I continued with my gaming habits but my sister slowed down in hers( but we still played together on weekends by then it was Dead or Alive and Need For Speed Underground )I eventually moved out of our parents place in 05 around when the PS3 came out. I broke down one evening while playing my PS2 and thought about getting into the next console generation so I went out that weekend and bought a PS3 and Fight Night. I called up my sister who lived across town and invited her over to play we ended up playing all day it was like old times again after that she would come by every week and we'd play Fight Night, Resistance, or Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Eventually we moved from Ohio and went to California and continued to game together. But a couple of years ago she moved to Georgia I stayed in So Cal I bought her a new slim PS3 and a copy of Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, and Tekken 6 just like when we were kids we'd have our weekly gaming sessions which was then a huge deal because she wasn't an online gamer up until then we'd have a blast on Uncharted especially and she was getting really good at killzone and building up a pretty good trophy collection! Unfortunately she had to sell her PS3 so we don't get to game anymore but we're planning on getting her another one she's a huge Tekken fan and is excited for Tag Tournament 2! I guess my story is about how my sister and I grew up and grew closer by playing Playstation through all it's console generations and for that I say thanks!

Message 5 of 16 (1,066 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

Gaming has always been a big part of my life, and because of this i wanted to share my love with my children. So when my daughter was born (Elizabeth,) I was deep into the playstation classic Vandal Hearts. Not a paticularily splashy game, so she quickly got bored watching me.  This went on for days while I tried to figure out how I could get the best of both worlds, a happy little girl, and the time to complete my game. I hadn't really figured anything out when one afternoon I quickly darted into the bathroom while Liz played with an entourage of stuffed animals. I put the game on pause and left the controller for my Playstation 1 on the floor. (I always played on the floor when they were little. But, trust me, nothing is harder than attempting to play Crash Bandicoot while have a toddler point and crawl all over you to touch the red thing on the screen.)
While I was using the bathroom I heard my game unpause. I called out to Elizabeth. No reply. But I could still hear the game noises drifting into the bathroom. I quickly finished and dashed out to find Elizabeth holding the controller and randomly pushing the buttons.
After seeing this I quickly found one of the original PS1 controllers (by that time we were using the dualshock.)  I removed the connection cable and gave it to Elizabeth. I told her that it was her controller, and asked her if she wanted to play on the Playstation with me.  For months afterwards we "played" Vandal Hearts together. Then I put in Jumping Flash. The colours really kept Elizabeth in the game. (Even to the point of her wanting to play it when she got older!) It helped create a real bond between us.
And when My son was born a few years later I repeated it. It proved sucessful again.  Both my children are avid gamers today. My son loves the first person shooters. And Elizabeth? She is addicted to the Little Big Planet series and is currently enjoying the Little Big Planet Karting Beta. The best thing about having gamer children/ When I get stuck in a game I can always call on them it give me a hand!
Without out a Playstation I probably would have been forced to endure Teletubbies, so thank you Sony for sparing me that.

Message 6 of 16 (1,035 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 15, 2012

I have a 7 and 5 year old, and feel the same way! 

they are finally at an age where i can play with them on the PS3 and they are competent. Rayman is a blast with the kids, in fact they are playing it right now! the characters are funny, the gameplay is easy to pick up, and they like the challenge when it gets tougher. 

i want to play portal 2 with them soon!

Message 7 of 16 (1,030 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Jul 15, 2012

I would like to share my story of how I got into gaming since it really got started by one person in my life. Nathan was the name of this person and he's my cousin who later on became my "brother" since my mother took him in to live with us (I wont bore you with the details on why he did). 

I was the early 90s when I first meet Nathan when he came over for Thanksgiving. I recall my sister taking out the NES that we had but for some reason never even touched till he came. We popped in Mario and played for hours till it was time for him to go back to Boston (me being from New Jersey). Once he left I felt really upset since that was the first time it felt like I had a brother someone blood related that I bonded with that wasn't my mother or my two sisters (FYI my father was never around when I was growing up..jerk :smileytongue: ). For me that was a big moment since that was the day I played my first  video game.

(Years have passed then and by now Nathan is now living with me. And my father came back in my life *golf clap*)

Christmas was nearing and my father was going to give my my first gift since he just got back into my life so since knowing nothing about me he did the smart thing and asked me what I wanted for a gift.  At that time the only game system I knew of was the game system my best friend had at the time and it was the N64 so like an idiot I asked for that, luckily my brother over heard such nonsense and slapped me over the head and told me to ask for a Playstation instead. To me my brother was my role model so of course without second thought I asked for a PS instead. Christmas day came and went PS in hooked up to the TV my brother got a few awesome games  FF7, Tactic Orge, and Tekken to name a few. My brother and I bonded so well with just gaming. It was a an amazing time in my life since I had everything I could asked for.

Few years later my mother gets sick and is unable to raise 4 kids on her own so sadly my brother is sent back Boston. I lost my brother but I didn't lose our hobby. My family knew I was upset and this was around the time the PS2 was out and so once again my father came through and got me a PS2 with a copy of Jax and Dexter. The good thing that came out of it was that I had an awesome time with my ps2 but sadly it was without my brother Nathan.

Now the story concludes with the present. Obviously I got myself a PS3 and of course im loving this system, just look at my trophies. I have to say writing this really made me understand myself even more and I hate to say this but I even chocked up a bit as soon I it came to me. I don't game only for the reason to game I game since its the one part of my life that I can still have that reminds of the perfect moment of my past. 

Honestly It feels good sharing this since I also learned more about myself :smileytongue: 

Thanks for reading and sorry if its a complete mess.

Message 8 of 16 (1,029 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Aug 8, 2012
I'm confuse it for Saturday or the unknow game thing ?
Message 9 of 16 (966 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Aug 22, 2012

I would just like to say Gamescom was so much better then E3. Sony at E3 was okay but Sony at Gamescom has me so stoked I am even more confident that I want a VITA and I made the right choice buying a ps3. First of all Puppeteer. I was amazed at the cartoon like stage motif of the game. I practically bowled me over. When I watched the trailer I had to watch it three more times to make sure my eyes weren't fooling me. It reminds me of something Tim Burton would make or the people who made Coraline. Second was Rain. I have not heard such a hauntingly beautiful theme in a long time since ICO. A world that you can only see when it rains? Sounds like a Disney short or a movie you might watch in an IMAX theater  or something. Then there was Tearaway. From what I have seen it looks like they have another Okami on their hands, one of my favorite and unappreciated games. I mean being a God holding a whole world in your hands? Even better then any game of Sims or Simcity or anything. Your own personal world that you can affect with your own two hands.

So many other things make me excited. More from Last of Us, Spike being announced for PASBR, so much VITA love, PS1 games for the VITA, Assassins Creed looks awesome on the VITA, Playstation Plus for VITA. E3 gave me doubts but Gamescom tossed them right away. In fact I can't wait for the Tokyo Game show to see more of Puppeteer, a game I am sure I am going to love, and Rain and Tearway and hopefully some more PASBR characters (I am hoping for Sir Dan and Crash. Just played Medevil recently and I never knew what I was missing until now). People say if the Playstation brand of gaming is gone it won't matter. But to me to lose all this awesome gaming bliss would be a tragedy worst then the fall of the Dreamcast.

Message 10 of 16 (853 Views)
0 Likes