Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
4 posts

Re: Welcome to Long Live Play PSN Community Spotlight (READ FIRST!)

Sep 1, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (591 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Hi there gaming folks.. this is my story, hope get the like of some one.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Community-Meets-the-PS-Blog/Listen-to-my-Playstation-Stor...

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (556 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (522 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 18, 2012

my story on all my playstation stuff i had i had a ps1 ps2 a ds a xbox360 and now a psp i was 8 and get my ps1  and i get a psp when i was 17 and i get it now and i had a ps2 when i was 9 and i loved the ps2 and ps1 i play a lot of games on it and i get my ds when i was 14  i love you play station  keep up the good work  i love you playstation

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Christmas Memories, A Gamer Is Born

Nov 18, 2012

It was a cold Christmas day in Jersey City  in 1976, I was 8 years old, and I was about to receive, in a most unexpected way, a Christmas gift that would change my life forever.  After the festivities at my home, I made my way up the block to my friend Paul's house.  He did not have rich parents but he always had the best toys, heck he even had a BB Gun and Star Trek Toys!  I arrived at his home and found myself in the middle of a family melt down with his father screaming "Your not putting that **bleep** thing on my TV!, What the hell was your uncle thinking getting you this thing for Christmas?"  Paul was crying and his intimidating father, a police officer, was laying down the law!  After cursing, something you never did in that house, Paul was literally dragged into the bathroom by his ear by his mother and forced to eat soap!  Paul's father grabbed the Coleco Telstar Video Game Console and threw it out the front door of the house, gave me a stern look and said, if you want it, take it, I'll be damned if that thing destroys my TV!  I picked up the box and ran with it to my house and that Christmas Day in 1976, a life long gamer was born.    It was a time when homes only had one TV Set in them and families all gathered around it to watch TV.  It was a time before the invention of telephone answering machines, cell phones, internet, or even home computers for that matter.  I looked at the box, are you kidding me, play a game on your TV, this is pure lunacy!  After one hour of arguing with my father to allow me to try it, only try it, not keep it connected to the TV,  and perhaps with the help of  the Christmas Spirit &  Ballentine Beer, finally he agreed to let me try it!  

Gamers today may not be able to understand how revolutionary and foreign an idea it was to use your TV to play a game on.  It was as if aliens had landed in a space ship on your front lawn - it was downright unheard of!  It would be like using your microwave to play a game on! I open the box and got a screw driver and went behind the huge, wooden,  Magnavox TV that sported a radio and record player too ...  I connected the antenna to the RF switch box and the RF switch box to the TV, tuned into channel 3, and turned on the Telstar and everyone gasped, laughed, and shouted.  We played Pong, Tennis, and Handball all night!  

From that day on, Video Games have been a part of my life.  They have helped me pass the time, have fun with friends, and cheer me up when I was down.  Over the years I have owned many systems such as Tank, Atari 2600, Intellivision, 8 Bit Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Game Gear, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, SNES, Turbo Duo, Game Cube, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DSI, Nintendo DSI XL, Nintendo Wii, and in my college years, it was the Commodore 64 that most of my gaming was done on!

I had become such a Nintendo fan that for many, many, years I ignored Playstation Gaming Products and looked upon the PS1, PS2, and PSP  as a strange devices that I had no interest in.   But on Christmas Eve of 2010 all that changed.  During the middle of my work day, traveling between stops, in Staten Island, I met a man at a bus stop and said "mister can you help me out?  I want to get some new shoes for my boys for Christmas", and he pulled out a PSP from his pocket and said "I think this thing costs more than $150.00, I'll take $60.00 for it - it just needs to be charged, but I don't have a charger."  Eeven though the PSP did not turn on when I hit the Power Button,Something touched me deep inside and for a moment I was sent back in time to 1976 and I gave the man $60.00.  On my way home, I stopped off at Game Spot and picked up a charger.  After charging it up and turning it on, I fired up the UMD game that was in the PSP - God of War.  I spent all of Christmas Eve & Christmas Day playing that game - it was like I was 8 years old again.   For the 1st Time, I realized just how good Playstation Video Game Products are.

One day I went into Game Stop to buy  the new NIntendo 3DS because Super Mario 3D was released for it.  But when I looked at the 3DS, I was not happy with it, I was not crazy about the 3D effect and  The screens were too small for me and did not compare to the screen on my PSP, so instead of buying the 3DS, I walked out with the 320 GB PS3 Uncharted 3 Bundle for about the same price as a 3DS - that was completely unexpected, and I am glad I did it!  I have gone on to buy a Vita as well since then too.  In all the years that I have been a gamer, with all the systems I have ever owned, I must say that I play the PSP, PS3, and PS Vita more than any other system I ever owned.    

It was the magic of Christmas that brought me into the world of gaming and that same magic made me take a leap of faith in buying a PSP that would not even turn on when I bought it.   Discovering the would of Playstation Video Gaming has been a blessing to me.  Playing video  games over the years helped me to enjoy life, family, and friends, it has helped through difficult times, such as the passing of my parents and other twists and turns life throws at you.    As I always say "I've been playin video games since the days of Pong, and it looks I'll be playin em till the day I'm gone!"  Long Live Play and a Very Merry Christmas to all!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (396 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 16, 2012
I remember the first time playstation had a stronghold on me was when GTA for PS1 came out it was the double cd version with GTA and GTA London came out .I ran out and bought it the day it came out but I had one problem I dident even own a PS1 counsel yet .So I went out and bought one the next week I got paid and I've been strung out ever since. From then on I went through 2 PS1's.I remember endless Scary nights of Resident Evil 1, 2, Nemesis, Silent Hill then I pre ordered PS2 then my kids got all strung out and that's a good thing .Thats one thing no one can take away from me is the all the good memories Playstation has gave me pretty much most of my life and all of my kids lifetime.now I am 41 and my kids are grown and we all have a PS3 in our rooms and we all play each other online. I would have never though that was possible when I was playing PS3 way back when...Now me and my family are waiting patiently for PS4 .No rush though because PS3 still is great and kicks **bleep**..All I got to say is Thank You Playstation from the Luna Family. You Rule...P.S It never crossed my brain to buy an Xbox..because Sony F.N Rules and always will Thank You Sony.My family wouldn't settle for anything less (Xbox). Rene and The Luna Family

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (279 Views)
0 Likes