Fender Bender
3203 posts

Re: Welcome to the New PlayStation Forums

Feb 11, 2014

Even multi-quoting looks messy Smiley Sad

Can you guys please put quotes in a bubble or box perhaps?

Message 51 of 412 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2565 posts

Feb 11, 2014
Yes that is why the shields need to be bigger so people can know who the MVP's are and such
Message 52 of 412 (257 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Feb 11, 2014
What happened to important topics? Please bring "Upcoming PS VITA Games" back again!??
PSVITA Lover!!!!
Message 53 of 412 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9113 posts

Feb 11, 2014

I am still able to post on the forums with my PS3 so I am happy with the change. Smiley Happy

Person of interest

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 54 of 412 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3344 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2014

a_leenail1992 wrote:

hmm... can't tell the difference between a mod, cm, dev or an mvp when looking through the forums. new users may get us all confused. that needs to be changed.

Isn't the "PlayStation MVP"  below your name a good indication?

mvp

Edit: Oh I see what you're talking about. In the forum list. Yeah, that's werid that they removed the colors.

Message 55 of 412 (245 Views)
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Feb 11, 2014

Here are my thoughts -- criticism only, but anything I don't mention can be considered good:

• Gap at the top "Playstation Forums" - Wayyyy too big, should only appear on the main front page and then either be gone completely or a much smaller version or something. I shouldn't have to see that and scroll past it every page I navigate through, whether nested deeply in a thread or on a reply page.

• Dark theme - Not only do we want a dark theme, but IMO it should be the default theme and allow people to use the white theme as an option. Quite simply, the white theme is overdone the past few years... the darker one set PS Forums apart and this white one just looks like they're trying to fit in and create a "Disqus/Comments reply section/old school forum" hybrid. Furthermore, everyone's sigs looked a lot better on the black background.

• OP positioning/size/etc - This is probably the most annoying bit. You basically have a blog format for the OP and then forum formatting for everyone else. Not only is it weird, does not flow, but it creates a sort of "god complex" for the OP. I forsee people starting new threads instead of replying to existing ones, just to have their post show up in this special format.

• Shield size is too small - Fairly straightforward... it's tiny and I can't see the difference between any of them.

• Spell check - I get that there is a spell check button at the top, but why does my browser's own spell check not work within the reply box?
Message 56 of 412 (231 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Feb 11, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

Yeah, we actually did this a month or so ago. We got feedback that no one was using tags, so we decided to remove them, integrate Labels, and that way we can increase the organization on PS General. It's been working pretty well imo, but definitely use the Labels if you haven't already =) 

can some boards can use Labels? such as PS Home, Uncharted, GT, LBP, etc?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 57 of 412 (231 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1489 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Feb 11, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

The shields look weird on the replies with long usernames, like Da Almighty's in the first reply to this thread.

Yes, it does.

Please fix it. I don't want to be THIS kind of special little snowflake.

Should be fixed now

Message 58 of 412 (233 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
35501 posts

Feb 11, 2014

i cant tell the difference between a new post and one that i read already

apparently some people have a blue shading for their new posts?

i dont have that

Message 59 of 412 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2014

tekkn1kal wrote:

Here are my thoughts -- criticism only, but anything I don't mention can be considered good:

• Gap at the top "Playstation Forums" - Wayyyy too big, should only appear on the main front page and then either be gone completely or a much smaller version or something. I shouldn't have to see that and scroll past it every page I navigate through, whether nested deeply in a thread or on a reply page. (I don't know if thats ok...or not)

• Dark theme - Not only do we want a dark theme, but IMO it should be the default theme and allow people to use the white theme as an option. Quite simply, the white theme is overdone the past few years... the darker one set PS Forums apart and this white one just looks like they're trying to fit in and create a "Disqus/Comments reply section/old school forum" hybrid. Furthermore, everyone's sigs looked a lot better on the black background. (but currently they are working on the dark theme version right now. so its coming)

• OP positioning/size/etc - This is probably the most annoying bit. You basically have a blog format for the OP and then forum formatting for everyone else. Not only is it weird, does not flow, but it creates a sort of "god complex" for the OP. I forsee people starting new threads instead of replying to existing ones, just to have their post show up in this special format. (that is pretty weird for me. but glad someone mention "blog format")

• Shield size is too small - Fairly straightforward... it's tiny and I can't see the difference between any of them. (might be a glitch)

• Spell check - I get that there is a spell check button at the top, but why does my browser's own spell check not work within the reply box? (That thing happends forever before the change) (edit: however you can still use spell check by clicking HTML while posting/edition a Message)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 60 of 412 (234 Views)
0 Likes