Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: What Did You Accomplish In Gaming Today?

Aug 19, 2013

- Bought Tomb Raider for PS3

- Reached Week 12 in The Last of Us' multiplayer

- Earned the "Feline Revenge" trophy in Batman: Arkham City

- Earned the "2049 Elite 3" trophy in WipEout 2048

Message 3711 of 3,926 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Aug 21, 2013

Almost done with second playthrough of Tales of Graces F.

• I finished Lineages and Legacies and I got the trophy for it.
  • I also got the Beat Fodra Queen in 60 Seconds trophy.
  • I also finished the first two floors of the Zhonecage and picked up the rare materials for dualizing Cheria's and Hubert's best weapons.

Just 'cause I couldn't get a really good description of the "piggyback trick" in Graces F online, I thought I should re-post it here.

The Piggyback Trick:

The piggyback trick allows you to inflict massive damage on enemies and bosses by taking advantage of a certain combination of in-game titles and spellbooks in the Eleth Mixer.  It involves pressing a button to trigger Accel Mode at the exact moment you would sustain critical one-hit kill damage.

Here's What You'll Need:

• Book of Solitude (Sandshroud Ruins):  Reduces playable characters in battle to one
  • Book of Enthusiasm (Telos Astue):  Reduces all stats except Accuracy by half; doubles earned XP in battle
  • Book of Passion (end of World's Eye):  Same as Enthusiasm; doubles earned SP in battle
  • Book of Audacity (World's Eye, after reaching Ghardia Shaft Depths):  50% XP and SP bonus, makes critical hits dangerous!
  • Accel Mode (during Lineages and Legacies, watch the skits to get hints on getting the titles)
  • Any title with the skill "Damage incurred added to attack"

The effects of Enthusiasm, Passion, and Audacity stack.  Equip the Enthusiasm and Passion books and your stats are reduced to one-fourth; as a result, you'll get double XP and SP, and this is just a great trick anyway to gain levels.  Equip Audacity and a critical, from just about any common enemy, will knock you out.  If these books are equipped and your armor is taken off of your character, you'll sustain a 200,000 HP blow or more.  But you'll survive...

Why you need/want Cheria for this trick:

• She's cute.  <3
  • She has naturally weak physical defense.
  • She gets two "Damage incurred added to attack" titles.  An easy one is completing a side quest at the Beach Resort in Strahta once you get the Shuttle. 
  • Her Accel Mode technique stops time for about as long as an Hourglass, allowing you to inflict the kill.

Before you begin, make sure that you unlock the higher difficulty levels for the game.  Fight 200 battles on Hard difficulty to unlock Evil, and fight 300 more battles on Evil difficulty to unlock Chaos.  The massive damage from enemy targets and the exploitative features of the books, titles, etc., is what allows this trick to go off.

Steps:

• When Cheria learns Accel Mode, set her strategy to Do not use.
  • Fight enough battles to fill her Accel Gauge completely.
  • Load up the books above into the Eleth Mixer.
  • Remove Cheria's armor and set the difficulty to the highest level possible (e.g., Chaos preferred).
  • Equip your strongest P. ATK. weapon on hand.  

Begin the battle.

Once in battle:

• Approach the enemy.  Keep your finger on the R2 button.
  • The trick is to press R2 at exactly the moment you sustain the critical OHKO damage.
  • Press it too soon and the damage will be nullified.
  • Press it too late and... well, you're dead.  But you get to Retry!  Smiley Very Happy
  • If you see the xxxxxx damage on Cheria, then you know the trick has worked.
  • Quick-step close and press the X button.  Target eliminated.

Again, the super tricky thing about this technique is in the timing.  You have to press R2 right at the moment the damage registers over Cheria's head, so that the Accel Mode can block it yet the game adds that 200,000+ score to your P. ATK stat.  If you hear a metallic "ping" noise but see no damage, then you didn't sustain it.  On top of that, and especially if Cheria has a high level, you might take a hit for 4,000 or 5,000 damage, and survive it, but not have enough time in Accel Mode to slay the boss.  If this happens, just let it kill you and try again.  Finally, some bosses have different animations for their attacks.  For instance, when fighting Fodra Queen, she can hit you with an overhead lightning bolt-like attack or a delayed one (in which some petals come out, shoot past you with a quick laser blast only for it to boomerang and hit you in a second).  Just watch carefully and keep practicing.  Good luck!   

Feel free to add me especially if you like RPG games.
Just say you're from PSN forums, ok?
Message 3712 of 3,926 (346 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Aug 21, 2013

- Reached the Shantytown in Tomb Raider

- Earned the "Firefly" trophy in The Last of Us

- Earned some more trophies in WipEout 2048

Message 3713 of 3,926 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6453 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Played some more Hot Shots Golf World Invitational. Working on getting the Gear Master trophy.

Google+Google+Google+Google+Google+
Message 3714 of 3,926 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Aug 22, 2013
KIllzone Mercenary beta. pointing out some issues and enjoing the gme looks sweet for what we're getting. definite buy
I would love to work for any gaming company but I believe that I lack the necessary requirements for hire. Well **** that im gonna buy everything I need to make a videogame myself. It may take me years but I will become a top industry game dev.
Message 3715 of 3,926 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Aug 22, 2013

PSN ID: Purplehazington

HEADSET (Y/N): Y

KEYBOARD (Y/N): Y

TROPHY HUNTER (Y/N): Y

GAMES: FFXIV ARR - GTA V - BF4 LE PS4 

BIO: Hello to all gamers! I just switched from xbox to Playstation. and started with the forums a couple days ago, in other words im a big newb. 

Hail To The Legion! Attention all Kings and Queens, The Legion Of Kings is a guild currently for FFXIV ARR add me and we shall march our legion through EORZEA! Check out our site http://thelegionofkings.enjin.com/ and join for Freecompany/Linkshell/Voicechat access!

100 Gun$ 100 Clip$
Message 3716 of 3,926 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Aug 22, 2013
I beat the last of us for the 3rd time on Survivor Mode. Smiley Happy
Message 3717 of 3,926 (322 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Nothing..I left my PS3 at my parents house...Smiley Sad

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 3718 of 3,926 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Finally got the Platinum for Tales of Graces F.  Glad that's over.

• Finished the Zhonecage and defeated Solomus
  • Eleth Mixer at 9999
  • Beat Lambda Theos
  • Got platinum

Zhonecage:

To access the highest floors, craft a Dreamer's Flange and get it to +3.  Dualize Rank 6 shards with qualities like Magical and Vigorous to boost its resell value.  Check the Qualities guide and basically choose shards with values at or over 100%.  By +3, you'll definitely get into Floors 8, 9, and 10 no problem.  To get to Floor 10, you'll also need to get the cryas from the dragons at each valkines.  Truth told, Zhonecage will level you up so fast that, even with decent equips, you'll wipe 'em out easily.

Eleth Mixer:

Big thanks to SplitPlaythru's guide.  So easy to follow.  

You'll need:

• Books of Growth, Potential (to boost eleth capacity), Satiation (to cook two dishes)
  • Miso-Glazed Cod and Sweet and Sour Eel (to cook in battle)

Other slots are up to, but I'd recommend:

• Book of Fortune (to boost item creation odds)
  • Book of Duplication (to make two items)
  • High-cost items (Eleth Bottle G, EX, etc.)

Party and Strategy:

You'll need Asbel, Cheria, Sophie, and Hubert.  Set Asbel, Sophie, and Hubert's strategies to A Heavy/Only, Aggressive, Rarely/Never defend, Don't use Accel Mode.  You'll manually control Cheria.  Set circle button (no direction) to Divine Saber.  Set circle + direction for Resurrection on the off-chance someone gets killed.

Warp to Inside the Rockagong and summon with the flute.  

Battle:

Start by immediately taking two backsteps.  Start casting Divine Saber.  Watch it go off, then immediately cast it again while you're waiting for the others to start hitting the Rockagong.  Rack up fifty hits, which is easy to do because combos are hard to break when fighting the Rockagong.  As soon as the screen reads "Cooked Miso-Glazed Cod!" and "Cooked Sweet and Sour Eel!", run away.  Repeat procedure until only one item (the Cod) cooks.  Check your eleth.  If it's at 400, do one more battle.  When you're out of eleth, warp to Warrior's Roost.  Have the Turtlez recharge your eleth and repeat this process all over again.

Battles should take you between 15 and 30 seconds.  When you get to 9000 eleth, the capacity building slows down quite a bit but you can get this done relatively soon.  My eleth was around 8.000 today and I finished this up in about two and a half hours.

Lambda Theos:
A little stronger than the original and a lot more HP, but nothing to get upset about.  Theos is weak against A-Artes so adjust your strategy accordingly.  

Now I'm ready to get back to Rainbow Moon!

Feel free to add me especially if you like RPG games.
Just say you're from PSN forums, ok?
Message 3719 of 3,926 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Lil late by two days..but i got played over 100 hours on Nino Kuni and finally got my platinum trophy!. most rewarding of all my plats. I challenge anyone interested in RPG's to go for that plat.

Message 3720 of 3,926 (300 Views)
0 Likes