Highlighted
Jan 25 2014
By: Skyler-100000000 Monster Hunter 31 posts

What Do We Need More Of In Gaming?

[ Edited ]
52 replies 407 views Edited Feb 20, 2014

Why I chose this topic: Just a little something I figured should be addressed a little more often these days, especially when it comes down to gaming and gamers. I'm also curious to hear the voice of what other games in general are thinking and what their opinions are depsite what their preference is or will be. 

What I think: I feel in my heart that gaming should be more about UNITY AND TEAM WORK, rather than competition and sh*t talk/trash talk. For example: Online gaming (Primarly shooters and fighters) and people who insult others for losing/winning or quote on quote "sucking". We shouldn't promote or encourage such negativity in gaming. Especially with how the media can exploit gaming to get people hurt/killed. (SOMETIMES not ALL the time.) Friendly banter or bar talk is one thing but lashing out or flaming at someone in an attempt to make someone feel bad over ONE LOSS is dumb in my eyes. I'm VERY critical about that, but again it's how I feel. 

What do you all think..?

Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

☢Voice Of The Outcast☢
Message 1 of 53 (407 Views)
MVP Support
13315 posts

Re: What Do We Need More Of In Gaming?

Jan 25, 2014
Seconded. Games have just become to reliant on the whole aspect of competition. Not that it's bad, there just needs to be balance. Have some games out there that don't rely on it, that rely on teamwork instead (like what you said). It would add some nice variance to the gaming field.

Like having a game that's similar in spirit to the Pikmin series, only have it be friends/teammates working alongside each other to help defeat a foe, build a weapon, build a town, etc.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 2 of 53 (403 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jan 25, 2014

RPG's, I wouldnt mind a few turn based combat games coming out, old idea but i would buy it.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 3 of 53 (400 Views)
Platinum
55071 posts

Jan 28, 2014

We need more games, like MAG, that promote teamwork in game.  

Companies don't seem to make their online shooters a place where large groups of gamers can group up and play together while being able to talk to each other.

Message 4 of 53 (344 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Logic, reason, compassion, and a sense of unity.

Introducing game mechanics that encourage team play isn't enough - we have to foster that sort of community when the controllers aren't in our hands just as much.

I spend more time with my PSN friends now than any other "internet friends" I've ever had, and that includes the former spouse I met in the heyday of chatrooms, so, I think that the more inclusive games become, the better they will be.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 5 of 53 (336 Views)
Naughty Paw
20194 posts

Jan 28, 2014
Creativity and innovation. Companies are trying to cater to a common denominator in every single one of their games and by doing this, they are failing to create a lasting fanbase of loving customers.

Catering to the least common denominator to make money is not worth the loss of creativity, in my opinion. Game makers should put their own creativity above appealing to the masses. Some of the most loved games do not quite cater to the masses and don't try to force something onto you that you've already done hundreds of thousands of times before.
Message 6 of 53 (332 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1208 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2014

More LittleBigPlanet!!!

It has many of the things that's best about gaming.

Message 7 of 53 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3822 posts

Jan 28, 2014

I love the teaming together to defeat a common foe. But some don't and that's fine. It may also seem they're more PVP games because they pump them out every year. Aka battlefield and COD. After all, all they have to do is make Maps Smiley Sad for them. What I would like to see is very simple games for little one's I'm talking 5-10 year olds I have high hope for Destiny to promote team work even with others who drop into the game. But if it turns out to be another PVP fest I will pass.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 8 of 53 (320 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 28, 2014

I want to see a game that has Lil B as the main character. #TYBG

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 9 of 53 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jan 28, 2014
Indeed I agree with you Jim! Logic, reason, compassion, and a sense of unity is something we REALLY NEED! As for a community yes I agree and I believe we should unite and help build that community together.

☢Voice Of The Outcast☢
Message 10 of 53 (310 Views)