16939 posts

Re: What can the PS4 do?

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

Punfisher wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote
:

And let the complaining begin!!

You watched the presentation, but it seems you either didn't pay attention to it, or you're a viral marketer for another company.

Who's complaining jerk?  I've got 27 platinum trophies, I love the PS3.  I never saw the presentation and I never said I saw it.  Take your accusations somewhere else.

Well, you're ignorace is the problem... 

you can watch it on youtube.... all 2 hours of it. then when you're done, apologize.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 11 of 18 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

Couple reasons for good or bad PS4 and PS3

The biggest complaint I would have is the graphics cards if you could replace it with a better one it would hold up to PC graphics gaming.

If you have to buy new games for it to play on your console and used game would not play would be a downside for PS4.

If they where to transfer your games from PS3 PSN to PS4 PSN would be really awesome.

Backwards compatibility would be really cool including the newer models they come out with a few years after.

They PS3 lacks the backwards compatible on the newer slim models. They do have a PlayStation 2 system data download on the playstation store for free. Although most of the PS2 and PS1 games do not work with the software.

I also would like PS4 to be better than PC and have gamers from PC to get a PS4 instead.

If they keep the web browser and be able to download music and movies from the internet. Maybe have an online pay like xbox if you where to do that otherwise playstation would not make any money on the playstation store. NOT paying to play online just for downloads off of the internet.

Will they keep the Blu Ray?

Message 12 of 18 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 22, 2013
-Proof that SSD's in a PS3 is not beneficial in any way and a waste of money

" PS3 is not beneficial in any way and a waste of money"

Response to the website you posted and the reponse

You can buy a 1Terra Byte hard drive for 75$
and
You can install a new flash drive to increase loading times for about less than 100$ for one way better than PS3.

It may be a waste of money to you. But it is not to me.
I originally bought my ps3 for movies I never thought I would be a hardcore gamer. Blue Ray made me buy the console the systems.
Blue Ray players where 4-500$ at the time and the PS3 seemed like the best deal at the time. Plus it was made by sony and sony created blue ray. The higher end Blue rays costed 6-800$

Message 13 of 18 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

Look, when the PS3 was announced all I wanted to know was what can it do.  Plays bluray?  Great.  Free online gaming?  Awesome, I want it.  Same thing here.  I've searched online and can't find anything out.  I'm one that feels like the PS3 has never reached its full potential and now the PS4 is coming out.  With the sensory overload that's coming out strong these last few months, I think the PS3 is finally getting close.  I'm not sure why we need a new console so soon, but that's just me.  I would like to know what it does.  I did see a couple of the games like the new Killzone and for that alone I will probably buy it.  But if I'm gonna wait in line for 2 days I kinda would like to know more about it first.  I hope there's more to it than just apps and cell phone/vita gaming. 

As for the recent announcement, well I thought that was E3.  Shows how much I know. 

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed a 2nd page here.  Thanks to those who came here to help.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 14 of 18 (94 Views)
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Nothing new other then 1080p 60fps native res all that other bs can be done on that ps3 if they wanted to we dont need a new consoles cuz that consoles we have right now suck we need new consoles cuz everyone and there mom want games to look better Res wise ps4 and xbox to sweet will be that last cinsoles i can think of for a long long time i dont see no console doing more then 1080p 60fps for a long long longgg longgg longgg asss azzz time cuz it cost to much **bleep** $$$$ to make Anything at 1080p and that 1080p we have right now is 24fps and 30fps onlest you play on a pc and thos other fps are added is not part of that code cuz making a game at 1080p and 60fps is real real real hard and costy so yea ones this new consoles come out is that end of consoles for a long long time till **bleep** is cheaper to make for that devs i means onlest micro and sony are going to pay that devs to make games for them
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 15 of 18 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:
Well, you're ignorace is the problem... 

you can watch it on youtube.... all 2 hours of it. then when you're done, apologize.

Well thank you for informing me that I should go anywhere except here for my Playstation concerns.  Perhaps we should not even have a Playstation forum since everyone's questions can be answered on other websites. 

I thought everyone was welcome here at playstation.com to discuss all playstation related topics.  It is a shame that some would come here simply to belittle another. 

I'm positive if I were to search your thread history I will at some point find a few questions of yours and I guarantee I could find 100 websites with the answers to those questions.  I may be ignorant, but I am no hypocrite.

EDIT:  It just occurred to me.  This thread was posted on the same day as the PS4 announcement.  I remember searching google and ask.com and could find nothing other than price and release date discussions.  Nothing about what the PS4 can do.  Also, the youtube videos you're talking about were not even up when I started this discussion.  So perhaps I am not the ignorant one after all!!    I "apologize" for not mentioning that sooner.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 16 of 18 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Feb 26, 2013

ReaperCheGuevara wrote:
-Proof that SSD's in a PS3 is not beneficial in any way and a waste of money

" PS3 is not beneficial in any way and a waste of money"

Response to the website you posted and the reponse

You can buy a 1Terra Byte hard drive for 75$
and
You can install a new flash drive to increase loading times for about less than 100$ for one way better than PS3.

It may be a waste of money to you. But it is not to me.
I originally bought my ps3 for movies I never thought I would be a hardcore gamer. Blue Ray made me buy the console the systems.
Blue Ray players where 4-500$ at the time and the PS3 seemed like the best deal at the time. Plus it was made by sony and sony created blue ray. The higher end Blue rays costed 6-800$

First... you're looking at my Sig... Second, I said SSD.... NOT HDD..... theres a difference

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 18 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12328 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Punfisher wrote:

I'm trying to find out the major differences between the PS3 and the PS4.  All people seem to want to know are 'when does it come out? or how much does it cost?  or what should be in the PS4.  But nothing about what it can do.  I know you can play your games on phones and vita but I don't really care for that. 

It can go on Facebook, and it may also play some games, cant be sure until it launches though.

Oh and you can make videos from games for Facebook.

And it can probably do netflix.

Until it comes out this is all just empty promises though.

Let the trolling begin!

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 18 of 18 (63 Views)
0 Likes