Jul 14 2013
By: DKTA- Hekseville Citizen 367 posts

What do you guys think the PS4 online will be like?

20 replies 316 views Edited Jul 14, 2013
I think it will have way better connection and speed, better online community, and way more gamers. What do you guys think?
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 1 of 21 (316 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Re: What do you guys think the PS4 online will be like?

Jul 14, 2013

DKTA- wrote:
I think it will have way better connection and speed, better online community, and way more gamers. What do you guys think?

1. Connection and speed would be more dependent on the person owning the PS4 and how good their internet service is.

2. The online community isn't really changing, it's gonna be the same PSN users. Just new games.

3. I doubt there will be "way more". Not initially at least.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 21 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jul 14, 2013

DKTA- wrote:

Well, I sure hope so.

The PS3 wireless adapter was no good, it didn't even have Wireless-N which really bugged me. 

Anyway if I'm going to be paying now to play online, they most def better upgrade the connectivity as well as the interface. Xbox Live in my opinion is so much more convenient to connect with friends via chat, game invite, and of course they had cross game chatting.

I couldn't really complain much with the PS3 cause you know PSN is free, but PS+ better be great.

In all honesty, I'd easily give up all the free games for a lag free, user friendly PS+

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan.
Message 3 of 21 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jul 14, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

DKTA- wrote:

1. Connection and speed would be more dependent on the person owning the PS4 and how good their internet service is.

2. The online community isn't really changing, it's gonna be the same PSN users. Just new games.

For the connection an speed, in my personal expierience this isn't entirely true.

Of course if you have a faster connection, a better router/moden then yes you will have a better connection than somebody with slow internet speed.

However, that doesn't explain why my PS3 had such a hard time with online connectivity whereas my Xbox 360 rarely ever dropped me out of games. I'm talking like maybe 3 times since ive had it, which was 2007.

Same connection, same location of console. Again it's just my expierience, yours may be the other way around.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan.
Message 4 of 21 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jul 14, 2013
For me, it depends on the server I am in. Once in a while I will get a bad connection day where I am disconnected from PsN or the server, but mostly my connection is outstandingly fast.
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 5 of 21 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Hopefully the online communication and ease of use will be similar to Xbox Live

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 6 of 21 (281 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jul 14, 2013
xsongk if you have alot of lag issues then the problem my be on your end. I have had some games where others have not properly set up their modem or router and it made some glitches in the match but still very playable. As far as the N wireless goes you have to remember the PS3 was released in 2006 where wireless N wasn't all mainstream. The PS3 was in development a very long time. I find issues with people and lag for 2 reasons. Not properly set up settings and people using wireless hotspots to connect to the internet to play online. Other then that my online experience has been great. But features for the online community built into the PS4 will be alot better and much more improved thanks to the CPU and Ram memory.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 7 of 21 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jul 14, 2013

deaofly wrote:
xsongk if you have alot of lag issues then the problem my be on your end. I have had some games where others have not properly set up their modem or router and it made some glitches in the match but still very playable. As far as the N wireless goes you have to remember the PS3 was released in 2006 where wireless N wasn't all mainstream. The PS3 was in development a very long time. I find issues with people and lag for 2 reasons. Not properly set up settings and people using wireless hotspots to connect to the internet to play online. Other then that my online experience has been great. But features for the online community built into the PS4 will be alot better and much more improved thanks to the CPU and Ram memory.

I just don't get how the Xbox 360 on the same wifi connection, placed in the same spot as my PS3 would have such a better connection.

Yes I know the PS3 is old so it didn't have Wireless-N, but neither did the 360 at first but the newer ones had it built in.

Message 8 of 21 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jul 14, 2013

xsongk wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

DKTA- wrote:

For the connection an speed, in my personal expierience this isn't entirely true.

Of course if you have a faster connection, a better router/moden then yes you will have a better connection than somebody with slow internet speed.

However, that doesn't explain why my PS3 had such a hard time with online connectivity whereas my Xbox 360 rarely ever dropped me out of games. I'm talking like maybe 3 times since ive had it, which was 2007.

Same connection, same location of console. Again it's just my expierience, yours may be the other way around.

In your experience maybe, but I have the opposite experience between Sony and Microsoft..... 

By that measure, then IT IS about your ISP and how it handles specific traffic. Don't put it past Microsoft that I would pay off a few telecom companies to prioritise data in Xbox's favor.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 21 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

Do you have your system seutup using automatic settings? The best thing to do is Manual setup your network settings and open ports within the wireless router for the PS3. Very easy to do and will provide a better connection then just using automatic settings. Even if your system says you have NAT2 type connection using automatic network settings doesn't mean your connected completely to the PSN and other users.

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 10 of 21 (241 Views)
0 Likes