First Son
1 posts

Re: keyboard/mouse compatibility with ps4

Jun 27, 2013

Why are you guys saying PC have more gaming content? Consoles have far more RPG's and Action titles due to publishers ignoring the PC market due to piracy. Sure PC has Steam but most of steam is crap IMO.

Give me a good dose of console RPG's any day.

Message 11 of 28 (984 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 11, 2013

It's a Console not a PC. If it has a Kb&m then you might as well just use a PC to play lol. The controller is what makes it different, in reference to gameplay of course, than PC. Console & PC makers let you know what you should use to control the system for an optimal experience thats why Consoles come with controllers and now kb&m. PS4 is coming with a Mouse that the devs worked really hard on and to use a kb&m would be taking away from the experience that the PS4 has to offer. I hope they don't make compatibility for kb&m.

Message 12 of 28 (904 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 4, 2013

No , No and NO it is not completely up to the developer to decide wether M&K should be supported , it is up to SONY to request mouse and keyboard support , just like the PC does . 

I spent over 300$ on my XIM3 for my xbox 360 . 180$ for the XIM3 , 100 for g700s gaming mouse , 60 for keyboard . Im happy with it but some games feel bad cuz the max sensitivity isnt high enough or they have some weird acceleration . 

SONY i beg you to give us full mouse and keyboard support for next gen , im obviously buying the PS4 cuz the Xbox Done sucks but please , i dont see what would go wrong if you give us a seperate playlist or at least to be able to play the campaing with mouse and keyboard . Action FPS feel million times better with M&K ,  i played BO2 with controller , then i got my XIM3 and played the campaing again , it felt like a comepletely diferent game , a lot better . But it would be even better if it had NATIVE support for Mice and Keyboards . Even my setup since the first day i got my xbox ( i got it for free ) was a computer screen and a table , i could not imagine laying on a couch with a lame **bleep** controller playing a game and i still cant so PLEASE listen to ur customers , a seperate lobbys wont hurt anyone 

Message 13 of 28 (838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 13, 2013

I can't even begin to describe how annoying this comment is... Mouse/keyboard users have an unfair advantage over us poor lowly controller users and they should just get it for the computer.  Here's the thing, Skippy, if the option is available for everyone, how does that make it unfair?  Let's just say CoD Ghosts pops in with support for keyboard users (kudos IW if this actually makes it in); if it's such an advantage, go to Walmart and get the same 10 dollar keyboard I'm using and a cheap mouse... All in all much cheaper than a ps3/ps4 controller.  Now, my next point;  I've played my CoDs with a controller... It's horrible.  Jumped on the console bandwagon so I could play with my friends, none of whom own a gaming computer.  With a controller, I go 5 and 20 at best.  This isn't first person shooter material for a guy like me.  My ex's son now, having grown up on console gaming, he tears it up with a controller.  Maybe not pro caliber, but he was like 9 at the time.  Put him on my keyboard and mouse (he thought it looked cool) he couldn't hit jack, could barely walk.  So no, it is not an unfair advantage.  You have all the same options I do and you know what you're capable of with them.  So I'll just be buying whatever eagle eye creation comes out for the ps4 and get back into it.  Stop crying wolf when there's no wolf.  Oh yeah, just two more points.  First, you can buy a very cheap and easily configured controller for your computer... This wouldn't be out there if there wasn't a demand from controller users unable/unwilling to learn to use the keyboard and mouse.  Secondly, another reason us computer games are heading for console is they are long term buys.  I'm about to drop 399 on a ps4 in a month, that system will last me a solid 5 years.  A  399 computer is already outdated.  399 is about what it takes for a good graphics card alone.  Happy gaming, and I'll see you on the servers.

Message 14 of 28 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Oct 13, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

It's up to the individual developers to implement mouse and keyboard controls. Even so, I doubt some how that PC gamers, at least the ones I've encountered, will suddenly drop their PCs which they have poured countless sums of money into, and migrate to the next incarnation of the Playstation.

While I do want some FPS games to have mouse/keyboard as an option...

I can't help but agree with this... if I had a power-house rig, there's no reason, at least from my perspective, to get the same game on a console, because it has M/KB.. whenver... ive already got that... on a stronger machine..

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 15 of 28 (736 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 13, 2013

Sorry, but I disagree wholeheartedly.  It is not up to the developers.  It would be very simple for Sony to add a full support for keyboard/mouse gamers;  in the settings category of the xmb I could see an option 'KB/M Game Mapping', you click it and then there on your screen you see a big PS4 controller with lines drawn to each button.  At the other end of each line an empty field to click with your mouse.  Once clicked, a cursor blinks awaiting input and the first button or key pressed is stored on that line now and mapped to that function.  Furthermore, if they wanted to get really snazzy, there might be an option to save this particular configuration, let you name it, and have several so each game you have that you might tweak your controls for a bit will only need set up once.  This xmb setting would be even more phenomenal if it were to be accessible/changeable will in game.

Message 16 of 28 (729 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26659 posts

Oct 13, 2013

FragtasticOne wrote:

Sorry, but I disagree wholeheartedly.  It is not up to the developers.  It would be very simple for Sony to add a full support for keyboard/mouse gamers;  in the settings category of the xmb I could see an option 'KB/M Game Mapping', you click it and then there on your screen you see a big PS4 controller with lines drawn to each button.  At the other end of each line an empty field to click with your mouse.  Once clicked, a cursor blinks awaiting input and the first button or key pressed is stored on that line now and mapped to that function.  Furthermore, if they wanted to get really snazzy, there might be an option to save this particular configuration, let you name it, and have several so each game you have that you might tweak your controls for a bit will only need set up once.  This xmb setting would be even more phenomenal if it were to be accessible/changeable will in game.

If it "would be very simple for Sony to add", then why haven't they done it yet even with the PS3? Because it would be pointless for many games to have a mouse and keyboard. Ever try to play a racing game with a mouse and keyboard? I have with GT Legends and GTR 2 just for sh**ts and giggles, and it's not easy, or even "fun". Playing Uncharted or God of War with a mouse and keyboard would be downright impossible, considering the context sensitive moves both games contain.

I'm of the persuasion that the mouse and keyboard aren't a "superior control scheme", but they are the product of a limited interface option, on a platform that developers have locked themselves into believing there's only a three or four types of games types you can make. Which is why you have a plethora of first person shooters, real time strategy, and "simulation" on the PC which utilize a mouse and keyboard for them. You're not going to find anything like God of War originating on the PC.

I know you want to believe that there's this grand conspsiracy and that Sony are meanie poopie heads that are keeping this from you, and saying that you "disagree wholehearteldly" maintains that illusion, but the reality is that unlike on the PC, the majority of Playstation owners don't exclusively play first person shooters or real time strategy games. That's the reason why you have the Dualshock controller. It's an interface you can play many DIFFERENT types of games with, not only one type of game. Take a look at the games coming for the PS4 and tell me how many would really benefit from mouse and keyboard support. That's why you leave it to the developer, and if they don't feel it's worthwhile, then they don't do it.

Message 17 of 28 (720 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Chingkwee, you speak some terrible rubbish! Have you ever heard of any of these:

Eagleeye

Aimon
frag

All mouse and keyboard style controllers, widely used on both xbox and PS3.

Sony have made a huge error in not allowing these into their new machines! It put Xbox One top of the charts. Many are now selling off their PS4's or simply opting for Xbox One! I have just cancelled my PS4 realising I can no longer use the aimon! Over to xbox I go I am afraid! Sad day for Sony and a MASSIVE own goal!

Message 18 of 28 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Dec 23, 2013

grndzro7 wrote:

Why are you guys saying PC have more gaming content? Consoles have far more RPG's and Action titles due to publishers ignoring the PC market due to piracy. Sure PC has Steam but most of steam is crap IMO.

Give me a good dose of console RPG's any day.

You obviously don't have a PC, this post is so much fail.

Specs:
Bitfenix Prodigy
EVGA GTX 770 SC 4GB
i-7 4770k at 3.5Ghz(4.2 OC)
16gb Ram Trident Series
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler
ASUS H87I-PLUS Mini-ITX Motherboard
250gb Samsung EVO SSD
1TB HDD
750W PSU
Message 19 of 28 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2013
The only way to allow both is to "nerf" the mouse aiming, divide the community, or leave controller users at a disadvantage. None of which is going to make people happy.

Most users accustomed to a mouse/kb aren't going to be happy with the first anyway and controller users would be furious with the last (speaking for myself here as well). Splitting the community does... Well, exactly what it sounds like.

I have no interest in playing anything with a kb/m. If I did I'd be gaming on a PC.
 photo jermwarfare.png
Message 20 of 28 (605 Views)
0 Likes