Oct 30 2013
By: AF_739 Monster Hunter 40 posts

What happens if I dont camp overnight?

25 replies 348 views Edited Oct 30, 2013
I pre-ordered my ps4 in best buy but ive been hearing people say that if you dont camp overnight on the console launch you wont get one. When they mean camp overnight do they mean camp from wednesday to thursday or having to wait in line the whole nightt of the console release?
Message 1 of 26 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: What happens if I dont camp overnight?

Oct 30, 2013

AF_739 wrote:
I pre-ordered my ps4 in best buy but ive been hearing people say that if you dont camp overnight on the console launch you wont get one. When they mean camp overnight do they mean camp from wednesday to thursday or having to wait in line the whole nightt of the console release?

If you pre-ordered, they should not sell your console. I was unaware BB did pre-orders at the store, though. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 26 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 30, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

AF_739 wrote:

If you pre-ordered, they should not sell your console. I was unaware BB did pre-orders at the store, though. 

Only problem that could happen. And again its a big IF and Sony hasnt given a sign of this. It is all reserves were not filled store side. As in a store got promiced 100 they got only 70. The first 70 in line got them. 71 through 100 woulg have to wait till the next shipment. Again I wouldnt worry cause Sony Nor gamestop Im going through or any other stores have shown this problem as of yet.

Message 3 of 26 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
828 posts

Oct 30, 2013
Bestbuy should hold your console for at least 24 hrs after release
Message 4 of 26 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

It wouldn't hurt to ask one of the BB employees just to be on the safe side. I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop and asked the same thing. In short they told me once I had it pre-ordered it was mine at midnight. I would guess the same thing goes for BB as well but don't  take our word.

Message 5 of 26 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

Oct 30, 2013

If you pre-ordered a day-one PS4, you will get one. If they say they ran out, then I suggest you talk to the manager about some sort of discount because of their mess up. If a consumer pre-orders any product, they are essentially guaranteed to get that product the day it comes out.

PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 6 of 26 (278 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Oct 30, 2013
I hope we get it on day 1. I dont want to wait any longer.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 7 of 26 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11597 posts

Oct 30, 2013
Eb games goes by the order of who preordered first... Especially if they don't have enough to fill all preorders..
>

Message 8 of 26 (239 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

On the 14th try and set your tent up at the front door of BB.

Best to bring sandwiches and coolers for drinks.

Or you could go all out and bring your Hibachi grill and throw some steaks on the barbe.

Also note very important make sure you know where trees are in the parking lot.

As you will have to go to the bathroom.

Hope this helps in your municipal camping.

If you do this send the forums a picture

1 request if you do this please send a picture. Smiley Very Happy

PS. just kidding if you pre ordered it they will hold it for atleast 24 hours. go anytime during that period.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 9 of 26 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

AF_739 wrote:

Only problem that could happen. And again its a big IF and Sony hasnt given a sign of this. It is all reserves were not filled store side. As in a store got promiced 100 they got only 70. The first 70 in line got them. 71 through 100 woulg have to wait till the next shipment. Again I wouldnt worry cause Sony Nor gamestop Im going through or any other stores have shown this problem as of yet.

Yeah it shouldn't be a problem because the GameStop I'm going to get my reserve from was only given 100 pre orders, and that's how many people are getting their console that night, I believe they stopped their pre orders for the console after 100 so if you're in their system and is under 100 of the people who pre ordered the console (which they can find out!) you should be all set. But check with Best Buy to see how their store release works.

Message 10 of 26 (218 Views)
0 Likes