Highlighted
Sep 26 2013
By: PhDChaos I Only Post Everything 789 posts

What is keeping around the PS veterans?

38 replies 448 views Edited Sep 26, 2013

Honestly, and be kind please, I've only owned a Playstation, the PS3, for about one month before selling it because the controller was very uncomfortable.  It looks like the DS4 has fixed the comfort issues that bothered me about the DS3.  Since switching consoles is a pretty big deal for me--I can only afford one of the new consoles for monetary and time reasons--I'm very curious what is going to keep around the Playstation veterans.

While I know that many people have a preference for one system or the other, I just want the system that offers the best experience--i.e. (in order of importance) community, fun, games (I've always lamented not being able to play the Uncharted series), graphics--for me as a gamer and am becoming more and more convinced that PS4 is the right system for me.  I also recognize that this is pure speculation and do not want to retread old ground by entering into a console debate.  As an Xbox owner for years, I feel like I know exactly what I'll be getting into with the XB1, but the PS4 is completely foreign to me.

So I would love to hear from the Playstation veterans.  What have you loved about being a member of the PS community?  What have you been frustrated by?  You don't need to convince me that the PS4 will be great because I already think that.  And can we please refrain from negativity directed toward those who respond.

Thanks in advance.  I really appreciate your honest opinions.

Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 1 of 39 (448 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Re: What is keeping around the PS veterans?

Sep 26, 2013

Well for me, it's certainly not the free avatars, themes, and games we used to get. Now it's just the fact that I already paid $50 and cloud storage is why I still have Playstation Plus.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 2 of 39 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Sep 26, 2013

My answer is simple : Games, that is what is keeping me buying playstations and it will continue to do so, yes Sony i'm still waiting for The Last Guardian you hear me? 

Message 3 of 39 (419 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Sep 26, 2013

I got one in May and have gotten used to controller and found it very comfortable. Coming from Xbox I don't have a problem with paying for a premium service with added free games.  Of course Microsoft  acting like game Nazi's helps me stay with my new PS3.

Message 4 of 39 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

The exclusive games is what brought me over and continues to keep me put. That's not to say I wouldn't mind playing some Nintendo/Xbox exclusives, it's just that PlayStation has more I like.

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 5 of 39 (393 Views)
Splicer
64 posts

Sep 26, 2013
My mom brought me a ps1 I was young then couldn't work then when the ps2 came out I had my own money brought one but then the xbox 360 came out first so I got into playing xbox 360 more and when the ps3 came out I got it at launch but from the get go didn't really use it only for first party titles and Blu-ray didn't like the ds3 for fps didn't like the online not everyone had a mic cause it didn't come with one and for some reason 3rd party titles in the beginning look better on the 360 even tho the ps3 was more powerful but now I'm not going to get an xbone cause I hate kinect and the fact that's $100 more so I'm getting a ps4 I heard the control is really good for fps. it's like I'm coming back to Psn after being gone for like 7 years lol
Message 6 of 39 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Love the games and the community. Playstation community has a bunch of really chill people.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 7 of 39 (366 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Love the games and the community. Playstation community has a bunch of really chill people.

That's great.  The Xbox community is extremely aggressive and hostile in the forums and on Live.  Do people who don't know each communicate during games?  For example, can you meet mature gamers in a random lobby and work together for a few matches to win some games?

Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 8 of 39 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3674 posts

Sep 26, 2013

I've been with Playstation since the first batch of jumpy screen PS1's rolled out. I own a 360 and a launch PS3. Over the years the PS3 has gotten for more use and for one reason; GAMES! It's all a matter of opinion but the Playstation offers gaming experiences that cannot be found on PC or 360. The PS4 looks to be expanding on the Playstation reputation of offering one of kind gaming experiences and as such I will not be getting an Xbone; at least not for while. Bottom line, it's all about the games.

Message 9 of 39 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Sep 26, 2013
@PhDChaos yes in fact ive made a lot of friends that way. Randomly meet up in a lobby and end up gaming together for a while.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 10 of 39 (349 Views)
0 Likes