Fender Bender
4292 posts

Re: ****What is your latest trophy thread:MVP board edition****

Feb 8, 2013

It's been a long time since I went trophy hunting, but I'm going to work on getting platinum on the following games:

• Ni No Kuni
  • Heavy Rain
  • LA Noire
  • Silent Hill Downpour
Message 411 of 451 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54792 posts

Feb 8, 2013

I got a plat in borderlands 2, that was my last platinum.  My last trophy was the bronze one for the most recent BL2 dlc.

Message 412 of 451 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11727 posts

Mar 3, 2013

With the latest in trophy happenings, I've another two Platinums now. Platinum #19 was kind of a toughie with Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy having you gather every little thing in the game. Just by accident I wound up jumping on the plant's head to find some extra precursor orbs. Though, the last one was found all the way at the top of the robotic structure above one of those swinging beams.

For Platinum #20 I've played through the remainder of The Walking Dead episodes for a not-nearly-as-complicated Platinum. Though, sometimes the game does make you stop and think about how to get into one place or the other.

Message 413 of 451 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11727 posts

Mar 12, 2013

I've done it again. Playing the heck out of LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4, I've accomplished Platinum status in the game. Like the second one, this took me about a month to manage. Though, I think I preferred the second game to the first (the encircled battles and having the character names during Free Play helped).

Message 414 of 451 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11727 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Another Platinum has struck for me in the hole this week. Platinum #22 has indeed been a toughie, but getting through the game is something I'm kind of going to miss... even though it's not any kind of a favorite.

Through Spec Ops: The Line I took on the challenge of completing the game on its two hardest difficulty settings and getting the Platinum. Especially on the later difficulties the shootouts are rough, and if you happen to not take down every potential enemy sometimes then they can make you do everything in that segment all over again.

Message 415 of 451 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54792 posts

Mar 27, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Another Platinum has struck for me in the hole this week. Platinum #22 has indeed been a toughie, but getting through the game is something I'm kind of going to miss... even though it's not any kind of a favorite.

Through Spec Ops: The Line I took on the challenge of completing the game on its two hardest difficulty settings and getting the Platinum. Especially on the later difficulties the shootouts are rough, and if you happen to not take down every potential enemy sometimes then they can make you do everything in that segment all over again.

Ah you got the Spec Ops plat, welcome to the club.  That one spot, with a pistol only when you spawn, on the hardest level.........argh!

I got plat 32 in FarCry3 and got bros before hfoes in GOW: Ascension

Message 416 of 451 (393 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

Just picked up a platinum in Far Cry3... It's only # 4  for me, time to refresh the portable ID!

(I normally move on to a new game instead of chasing a platinum.)

Message 417 of 451 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11727 posts

Mar 27, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Ah you got the Spec Ops plat, welcome to the club.  That one spot, with a pistol only when you spawn, on the hardest level.........argh!

I got plat 32 in FarCry3 and got bros before hfoes in GOW: Ascension

Thanks. Feels good to be part of the Mile High... err, Spec Ops Platinum club. Smiley Wink

The last trophy I had unlocked (since I hadn't played the game on the easiest setting until after everything else) was the one for All You Can Be. This one had me confused as to how to go about it. I thought I had read that commanding your team to get all of your kills was how you go about gaining 60+% accuracy, but apparently that's not the case. I found a guide on YouTube that mentions a trick, in which using the pistol during the entire level is the way to go when you want to gain that experience- and it definitely works.

Message 418 of 451 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3284 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Game's you are currently playing:

Defiance, Xcom, Skyrim

Game's that you currently earn a trophy in:

Guacamelee

Date last played:

April 21,2013

What are the trophies?

Guacamelee! Platinum Trophy

And for those without trophy sigs that want to update your progress....

Overall trophy count so far: 690

Platinum: 2

Gold: 20

Silver: 85

Bronze: 583

Finally, what is that one trophy your currently trying to get that you haven't quite gotten yet?

Xcom Platinum. Only have to beat Ironman Impossible and beat the game from 3 other locations. Not Easy. Smiley Sad
Message 419 of 451 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11727 posts

Apr 23, 2013

From one island to another, I'll be sailing from Tomb Raider to Dead Island this week. But first, I should mention that Platinum #23 has come in the form of Tomb Raider.

My thanks goes out to all who helped with the trophy boosting, even the two unfortunate souls at the end of the bridge I had to wipe out with a grenade. Smiley Wink

Message 420 of 451 (105 Views)
0 Likes