Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Re: ****What is your latest trophy thread:MVP board edition****

Jul 28, 2013

Another one is down with Platinum #32. This is actually the fourth time I've Platinumed a LEGO game, this time being on LEGO The Lord of the Rings. They're not all that tough to Platinum except for when it comes to locating the hidden items. Sometimes I've completely passed by items to break or targets to shoot at without even knowing they were there. Luckily the game rewards you with position-tracking cheating devices.

Message 441 of 451 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3651 posts

Jul 28, 2013

I just got my 75th Plat this morning from Lego Pirates of the Carribean. Took awhile to get all those minikits but wasn't too bad.

Message 442 of 451 (231 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17690 posts

Jul 28, 2013

If this is "MVP board edition" why can I post a reply? Anyway if you're interested I just got the Platinum for Skyrim. Easy but time consuming. I don't normally trophy hunt but after simply playing the storyline I was so close anyway I decided to go for it.

Message 443 of 451 (222 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Aug 7, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

If this is "MVP board edition" why can I post a reply? Anyway if you're interested I just got the Platinum for Skyrim. Easy but time consuming. I don't normally trophy hunt but after simply playing the storyline I was so close anyway I decided to go for it.

This thread actually used to be a part of the archived MVP section. While its original intention is as a placement for MVPs to discuss their trophy earnings, I'm fairly certain the thread is open to all. :smileyhappy:

While my latest Platinum wasn't extremely tough to get, it certainly was frustrating, especially since I had to play through the game three times to get it done. For Platinum #33 I missed the trophy for not regrowing a single shrub in Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, even though I didn't. The trophy itself is glitched, where the I did some digging to find that the best way to earn it is by playing through a good quarma run through and only rely on the auto-save method for storing data. Deleting all other saves you already have (along with the configuration data) before starting up the game has done the trick. Hopefully if anyone else is having trouble unlocking this trophy, this should help make the difference.

Message 444 of 451 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Aug 10, 2013

Platinum #34 is in the bag. This one I didn't expect would ever happen, as Sound Shapes isn't an easy game. Given that I picked up some more of the DLC though, I started playing the game again and just by chance tried seeing if I could knock off some more of the death mode stages (which I had already completed about half of them). After doing one I thought I'd never get done I went to see if I could do another. After repeated practice runs, some were completed just by dumb luck. On Disasteroids, I'm pretty sure I had the player sponge/ball/thing hurdling through the air at the note, but paused right before landing into the red monster.

Message 445 of 451 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2013

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 446 of 451 (175 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Sep 14, 2013

My 35th Platinum trophy comes from a game I wasn't expecting to Platinum. This being the first time I've Platinumed a Japanese role-playing game, I'm happy to say that I've achieved 100% status in Tales of Xillia.

Given the chance of missing out on the trophy for unlocking a given number of sub-events (90 in all), I played the game without too much of a guiding hand in regard to completing these sidequests. Though, I did have the desire to see if I could at least accomplish enough of these to get a decent amount of them done. In the end I managed to unlock that trophy after all, and with that came what may have seemed like an even longer path in the sense of grinding out various other trophies.

Message 447 of 451 (138 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Sep 24, 2013

All my hard has paid off. I've now gained Platinums #36 and #37. The first one comes from Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, which is actually more difficult to Platinum than people put on. For one thing the motion-control aspect will make your arms never wish they were born. Having to repeat these sections a number of times if you fail can certainly be a given, and is stressful work. Also, shaking the controller around like a madman makes one look as if they're having a seizure. :smileywink:

Next up, Ico is a game I started on a couple of years ago. While I certainly tried for the two-hour run back then, I think at the time I was actually going for the save at every couch trophy. Those two definitely don't mix. This Platinum can be very tricky, especially in regards to beating the game within a two-hour time limit. My overall time resulted in 1:50:15, which by all means could have been better. In some parts I'd do one or more things perfect and then end up failing in one way or another. Having to rinse and repeat mistakes by either passing up the chance not to save at the couch or doing so and messing up some on later attempts... at least I got what I was aiming for.

Keep in mind if you do happen to be going for the two-hour trophy, it might be okay to slow down a bit at the end. My save time at the main gate before everything else was exactly 1 hour and 18 minutes. During the last boss even I took the time to not dart out from behind cover so easily and get myself killed. Know where your sword is first before making any mistakes.

Message 448 of 451 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2465 posts

Sep 24, 2013

I just got my first platinum Trophy :smileyvery-happy: I never stuck with a game long enough to ever think I would get one but I'm so glad I got at least one on the PS3

Message 449 of 451 (118 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Oct 17, 2013

Platinums #38 (LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes) and #39 (Beyond: Two Souls) have been achieved in recent trophy-getting efforts.

While it's the first of the LEGO games I've played that isn't based on any particular film, LEGO Batman 2 has to be the worst game I've played in the entire franchise. The flight controls for Superman in the overworld get you to where you want to go faster than driving or walking, at least sometimes. But controlling his flight abilities is wonky in certain characteristics. The overworld aspect was much better in the Lord of the Rings game, where you were able to instantly transport yourself from one section of the map to another. This one wasn't too fun of a Platinum to achieve.

For Beyond: Two Souls, many of the trophies came naturally based on my decisions throughout the gameplay. Though, of course there are certain trophies I wasn't aware of from their description as the majority are hidden. It's a good idea to play this game straight through, especially with a second player if you're working toward the Platinum. Then you can do the research for what exactly needs to be done in the rest of the game later.

Message 450 of 451 (86 Views)
0 Likes