Highlighted
May 10 2013
By: letrinox42 First Son 26 posts

What kinds of Trophies do you like/hate?

32 replies 247 views Edited May 10, 2013

I love trophies and try to platinum whenever the requirements are reasonable. 

But I hate trophies that: 1) Involve TONS of multiplayer grinding

2) Require pointless tasks 

Ex: Go to the lowest point in Prince of Persia

3) Involve collecting things that are ONLY collected for trophies and for no in-game purposes. 

Ex: Bags in Mirror's Edge

My favorite trophies are ones where getting platinum mostly means doing every side quest, main quest, and finding all collectibles.

Message 1 of 33 (247 Views)
MVP Support
9766 posts

Re: What kinds of Trophies do you like/hate?

May 10, 2013

letrinox42 wrote:

I love trophies and try to platinum whenever the requirements are reasonable. 

But I hate trophies that: 1) Involve TONS of multiplayer grinding

2) Require pointless tasks 

Ex: Go to the lowest point in Prince of Persia

3) Involve collecting things that are ONLY collected for trophies and for no in-game purposes. 

Ex: Bags in Mirror's Edge

My favorite trophies are ones where getting platinum mostly means doing every side quest, main quest, and finding all collectibles.

Hate: Online trophies, especially 'reach level 50' or '1,000 MP kills/victories' type trophies.

Love: Like you, the ones for completing quests (main or side), and collectibles, as long as those collectibles have some use in the game, such as part of a quest/mystery (ie Uncharted: Golden Abyss), or powering up energy or stamina bars (ie inFamous).

Message 2 of 33 (240 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2943 posts

May 10, 2013

I agree with the online trophies. Specifically ones such as Homefront where it required you to kill an enemy by bailing out of a helicopter and having that helicopter hit and kill an enemy player. I don't mind some of the leveling ones as long as the game is fairly active. 

I love stat accumulation trophies as well as quest / side quest ones. Fallout 3 / New Vegas come to mind with such trophies. For instance, you get trophies for doing 10k damage with melee, 10k damage with guns, etc. etc. They also do a lot of side quest missions that will cause you to explore areas that you previously probably would not have. 

Message 3 of 33 (227 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4202 posts

May 10, 2013

I love trophies that revolve around the story or even doing all these little things in a game. Sometimes a trophy can let you experience something in a game that you migh miss otherwise.

However I hate Online trophys. Having to play/win 100 or more online matches or get a certain amount of kills or something is aggrivating.

Message 4 of 33 (219 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4491 posts

May 10, 2013

I find collectible trophies cool, but I hate when you have to reach the highest multiplayer level, especially when you can't get into that game a lot. I'm wanting to buy Tomb Raider (the new one), but I am not going to bother trying to reach level 60.

YB

Message 5 of 33 (215 Views)
Wastelander
576 posts

May 10, 2013

bookepride wrote:

I find collectible trophies cool, but I hate when you have to reach the highest multiplayer level, especially when you can't get into that game a lot. I'm wanting to buy Tomb Raider (the new one), but I am not going to bother trying to reach level 60.

I have only played a couple matches on Tomb Raider, it was laggy as H-E double hockey sticks.  It looked like players were teleporting.  There's like 15 multiplayer trophies, such a waste, they could have utilized them single player.

Message 6 of 33 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

May 10, 2013

I hate platinums because I can't seem to get one!

http://www.slowrecovery.com
Message 7 of 33 (203 Views)
Wastelander
576 posts

May 10, 2013

REv9k wrote:

I hate platinums because I can't seem to get one!

Pick up The Walking Dead for an easy platinum, not to mention a fantastic game.  Not the TV show version The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

Message 8 of 33 (200 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16309 posts

May 10, 2013

Online Trophies by far..... even MP trophies that you need DLC for in order to get.

I tried Platinuming Max Payne 3.... But I'll never be able to because 1) I suck at it online and 2) Because I suck online, i'll never be able to reach level 50 3)because the game has been out for about a year or more some gametypes for MP are never populated anymore 4)playing with dev's trophy will never happen because lets face it.... they're hardly ever announcing they'll be online.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 9 of 33 (194 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
33343 posts

May 10, 2013

I agree with you guys the online trophies are the worst anything that doesnt involve online or multiplayer is ok

Message 10 of 33 (188 Views)
0 Likes