Aug 04 2013
By: davdukes4 First Son 1 posts

What made you choose the ps4?

13 replies 184 views Edited Aug 4, 2013

I plan on purchasing both next gen consoles at some point.  I currently have the other console pre-ordered but I am considering switching over.  What were the reasons you choose the ps4 over its competitor?  Are there better exclusives on this side of the fence? Enlighten me so I can go pre-order my ps4 asap.  (Please do me a favor and do not bring up the kinect as a spycam.)

Message 1 of 14 (184 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7227 posts

Re: What made you choose the ps4?

Aug 4, 2013

davdukes4 wrote:

I plan on purchasing both next gen consoles at some point.  I currently have the other console pre-ordered but I am considering switching over.  What were the reasons you choose the ps4 over its competitor?  Are there better exclusives on this side of the fence? Enlighten me so I can go pre-order my ps4 asap.  (Please do me a favor and do not bring up the kinect as a spycam.)

Games: i love sony exclusives.

Message 2 of 14 (183 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11697 posts

Aug 6, 2013

The PS3

Message 3 of 14 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Aug 6, 2013

davdukes4 wrote:

I owned a Xbox/Xbox 360 and Wii.  I was planning on buying a Xbox One and excited when I saw Killer Instinct and Project Spark.  However, the mandatory Kinect and always on connection turned me off.  I started to look more closely at the PS4 - no mandatory connection, no mandatory Kinect, $100 cheaper, and slightly more powerful hardware.  As far as games, most Xbox exclusives are on the PC, 80% of the games are on both platforms, and Sony will have more exclusives.  If you never owned a Playstation all of the old exclusives are new as well.  I am looking forward to playing the following exclusives - Killzone, God of War, The Last of US (please!!!), Knack, etc.  I preorderd the PS4, Watch Dogs, and Killzone Shadowfall.  I am looking forward to the release. 

Message 4 of 14 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5945 posts

Aug 6, 2013
I refuse to buy a microsoft gaming system. They rip customers off every chance they get.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 5 of 14 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1941 posts

Aug 6, 2013
Instead of paying $50 a year to play online, you can pay $50 a year for cloud storage, free games and a lot more. Game exclusives, its cheaper, bettwr specs, I have a vita so I can remote play, and I like pS more than xbox
Message 6 of 14 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Well, to be perfectly frank, I thought both consoles looked kind of cool for a while. I wasn't quite sure. I was more interested in 3rd Party games like Watch Dogs and The Evil Within than 1st party, and both looked fairly interesting enough. However, back when the Xbox One wanted to have always online connectivity, I was turned off of the idea. See, I go to college and have great internet, but for 4 months out of the year I'm back home on break. My parents internet is extremely slow to the point where my Xbox 360 takes 5 minutes just to load up the home screen. So, I figured it wasn't going to work out for me. Even now, when the Xbox One has no online connectivity, some of its main features like unlimited cloud services still wouldn't work out well for me.

I was also impressed with more of the PS4 exclusives than the Xbox One exclusives (but that's just me). But, overall, I want the cheaper console with better graphics that will satisfy both my indie crush and my Triple A 3rd party fantasies. I preordered my PS4 with Watch Dogs, and it should be a lot of fun!

Message 7 of 14 (130 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2013

1ST Impressions are Everything

1) Public Relations

IMO what MS did with the XB1 was try and get a jump on all of the other tech companies, regarding the

Entertainment industry in our living room, while still posing to be a gaming console.

They were trying to compete with everyone at the same time.

If they would have come out with a different approach like Sony did show the games the power of the console in this respect.

Then follow it up with but wait, that's not all it can do check these new features out. They didn't.

You already know about all the 180's. Don't need a re-education on that cluster.

Now what is going to happen at Gamescon? Sony is not only going to introduce more games but they too will introduce

the Entertainment side of the PS4. The apps, the integration of all the new and Exciting things the PS4 can do.

Whether we like them or not is irrelevant at this point because we know the PS4 is about gaming first and foremost.

2) Exclusives

I've said it before Sony has all Genres covered they always have.

Heavy Rain, LBP, God of War, Uncharted, GT,The Last of Us. Variety is what entices me.

You would be very hard pressed to find just 1 360 game that could compete against any of these exclusives, maybe 1?

3) The Past

Sony got a big head and thought the PS was king know one could compete.

MS took a little box and made it a success, They put positive spins on it and fed developers tons of money.

4) The Present

Sony seems to have learned a valuable lesson. Your company is in the hands of us, the gamers. They swallowed there pride

sat down with developers, and said this is the generation of consoles where we want the gamers to win.

MS with all that success from the box it swelled there head, they took Sony's role in that respect.

They thought their base, hardcore gamers would just accept the changes, but we didn't we spoke with our wallets.

5) The Future

It looks bright for Sony, they have built the PS4 for just that. They have implemented a developer friendly atmosphere,

They have introduced a developer friendly OS with space set aside for further development. The "Future Ram" GDDR5

MS is also thinking of the future with the CLOUD. First off there are limitations let's not get hung up on this fancy word.

It's nothing new. There are many variables that will positively and negatively limit this approach.

Summary

After considering everything I chose the PS4 obviously.

You asked not to bring up the spycam, OP.

But I will because it's not a spycam it's an integral part of the console. There in lies the problem.

If it breaks you have a brick. I do not know why MS made a tethered camera have so much control.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 8 of 14 (118 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5472 posts

Aug 6, 2013

I was unsure about this console generation catching my eye in any way.  My anticipation for E3 could be described as a long, drawn-out yawn.

I typically wait six months after launch before paying any real attention to new consoles.  I like seeing what sticks.  E3 changed that in a few ways:

• M$'s DRM policy announcement, subsequent lackluster E3 address (Cable Xbox1), and eventual flipflop
  • Sony's seemingly sincere focus on gamers, and content that will appeal to them
  • Developers seem to understand that this isn't a leap forward in realism, but more of storytelling and immersion.

I decided that this would be the first console that I preordered and bought AT launch, because, for the first time, I believed in the promise that this generation holds.  Sony reclaimed a lot of innocence that I thought I had lost to cynicism.  I realize taht sounds corny, but I assure you that the feeling is genuine, at least, to me

Grindhead_Jim

Message 9 of 14 (117 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Aug 6, 2013

For those planning to buy a XBoxOne,   let me ask you, "WHY?".

Why are you supporting Microsoft after what they wanted to do the gaming community?  They wanted to have a DRM on the games where you do not actually own the game.  You could not share it, you could not re-rell it.  Collectors in the future could not buy a used XBoxOne game for their collection.  Microsoft wanted to force that their system to be online 24 hrs a day in order to play games.  Microsoft forces you to buy the KInect camera which raises the price of the system.  Without the Kinect, the XBoxOne may of actually cost  equal or less to the PS4.

Only after tons of hate from the gaming community and feeling that they would lose sales did Microsoft try to change those policies.  Microsoft does not care about you, but only sales of their XBoxOne.  The future of gaming and collecting games and sharing games could of been screwed if Microsoft's plan and policies went ahead.

.....Now, you guys are still planning to support Microsoft and buy an XBoxOne?  Wow...just  Wow.

Message 10 of 14 (111 Views)
0 Likes