Reply
Mar 20 2013
By: UnrealButcher Uncharted Territory 1508 posts
Offline

What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

14 replies 430 views Edited Mar 20, 2013

.... all they're going to do is move announcements users make? IMHO, that is an announcement for PS3 and PSV owners, beings it's a new game announcement. At least let it sit for a few days or a week before it get's moved.

 

When we had a Vita section we were able to post announcements about upcoming Vita titles to let the Vita community know. Now I post an announcement it gets moved to that games forum and the only way anyone is going to hear about it is if they are visiting that particular forum.

 

For me and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I know there are titles I would have never heard about if it wasn't for the Vita forum. I know I wouldn't have been looking in the Final Fantasy forums to have seen they announced FFX-2 HD was being developed for PS3 and PS Vita.

 

Anyway, I think some will see my point about needing to have a place that we can come to find announced games, instead of having to look through already existing forums that don't give us an indication of newly announced titles. 

 

Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 15 (430 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/04/2009
Offline
4158 posts
 

Re: What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

Mar 20, 2013
These forums are nothing but a FusterCluck....
Message 2 of 15 (424 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

Mar 20, 2013

Wow. W T F?!

 

I've been against this merger from the beginning (Vita & PS3 shouldn't be together), but wow, now it's taken to a new level - if I can't come to the general forum to learn about new Vita game announcements, there's no point to visit.

Message 3 of 15 (410 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
1102 posts
 

Re: What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

Mar 20, 2013

I agree the best part of the Vita section was to find out new Vita news, now I don't know what it is.

Message 4 of 15 (402 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1508 posts
 

Re: What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

Mar 20, 2013

I feel like I've been rope a doped.

 

Go looking through the "Games area", find what says "PS Vita" and click it only to find myself back here. Smiley Embarassed Smiley Frustrated Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 15 (391 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
54531 posts
 

Re: What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

Mar 20, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

.... all they're going to do is move announcements users make? IMHO, that is an announcement for PS3 and PSV owners, beings it's a new game announcement. At least let it sit for a few days or a week before it get's moved.

 

When we had a Vita section we were able to post announcements about upcoming Vita titles to let the Vita community know. Now I post an announcement it gets moved to that games forum and the only way anyone is going to hear about it is if they are visiting that particular forum.

 

For me and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I know there are titles I would have never heard about if it wasn't for the Vita forum. I know I wouldn't have been looking in the Final Fantasy forums to have seen they announced FFX-2 HD was being developed for PS3 and PS Vita.

 

Anyway, I think some will see my point about needing to have a place that we can come to find announced games, instead of having to look through already existing forums that don't give us an indication of newly announced titles. 

 

Thanks for your time.


Send me the links to the threads of yours that got moved.


I'd like to see what is going on, maybe there is a good explaination for it and if there is I'll do my best to find it. 

 

As far as you issue with vita games, I understand what you want.  However, in order to actually increase activity in the game specific areas Sony has decided (this is my opinion/guess I'm not an employee or anything) to move threads about specific games out of general or non-specific areas to the area specified for that game.

 

There are also more general areas, say you wanted to talk about a new Vita RPG but its not listed in the games, you can go here  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Role-Playing-General/bd-p/22061

Message 6 of 15 (348 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/30/2012
Offline
1508 posts
 

Re: What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

Mar 20, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Send me the links to the threads of yours that got moved.


I'd like to see what is going on, maybe there is a good explaination for it and if there is I'll do my best to find it. 

 

As far as you issue with vita games, I understand what you want.  However, in order to actually increase activity in the game specific areas Sony has decided (this is my opinion/guess I'm not an employee or anything) to move threads about specific games out of general or non-specific areas to the area specified for that game.

 

There are also more general areas, say you wanted to talk about a new Vita RPG but its not listed in the games, you can go here  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Role-Playing-General/bd-p/22061


 Thanks for your time. I only had one moved thread that I linked in my OP. Link.

 

I made the thread to get it out there to PS3 and PS Vita owners, including those that might not usually go to the Final Fantasy forum. I suppose it could have been moved to the RPG section rather then FF section. However when it's a new announcement about a new title coming to the Vita/PS3/PS4, I don't think there should be any reason to not have it in general so everyone can see it easier. And yes I know you can still see the "Moved thread" here, but if users aren't commenting, it slips off the first page fast.

 

I understand what they are trying to do. However, when someone has a question like this, after the games user base has died down, it would be nice to have a Vita specific area that these questions can be seen easily and answered by users that want to help.

 

I know this user didn't post in "General" and his/her post probably wouldn't have been moved, but I think he/she would have more then likely posted it in the old "PS Vita" section had it still existed.

 

Again, thanks for taking the time to look into a possible solution that can benefit us all.

Message 7 of 15 (331 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

Mar 20, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

.... all they're going to do is move announcements users make? IMHO, that is an announcement for PS3 and PSV owners, beings it's a new game announcement. At least let it sit for a few days or a week before it get's moved.

 

When we had a Vita section we were able to post announcements about upcoming Vita titles to let the Vita community know. Now I post an announcement it gets moved to that games forum and the only way anyone is going to hear about it is if they are visiting that particular forum.

 

For me and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I know there are titles I would have never heard about if it wasn't for the Vita forum. I know I wouldn't have been looking in the Final Fantasy forums to have seen they announced FFX-2 HD was being developed for PS3 and PS Vita.

 

Anyway, I think some will see my point about needing to have a place that we can come to find announced games, instead of having to look through already existing forums that don't give us an indication of newly announced titles. 

 

Thanks for your time.



As far as you issue with vita games, I understand what you want.  However, in order to actually increase activity in the game specific areas Sony has decided (this is my opinion/guess I'm not an employee or anything) to move threads about specific games out of general or non-specific areas to the area specified for that game.

 


I think there's a big difference between wanting to discuss a particular game and announcing a game. Let's take the recent Epic Mickey 2 announcement, which was posted in the general forum. If the person posted about it in the EM2 forum, only people who were already visiting that forum would see it...how would anyone with a Vita know about it if they didn't read it elsewhere on the web?

Message 8 of 15 (316 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
54531 posts
 

Re: What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

Mar 20, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Send me the links to the threads of yours that got moved.


I'd like to see what is going on, maybe there is a good explaination for it and if there is I'll do my best to find it. 

 

As far as you issue with vita games, I understand what you want.  However, in order to actually increase activity in the game specific areas Sony has decided (this is my opinion/guess I'm not an employee or anything) to move threads about specific games out of general or non-specific areas to the area specified for that game.

 

There are also more general areas, say you wanted to talk about a new Vita RPG but its not listed in the games, you can go here  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Role-Playing-General/bd-p/22061


 Thanks for your time. I only had one moved thread that I linked in my OP. Link.

 

I made the thread to get it out there to PS3 and PS Vita owners, including those that might not usually go to the Final Fantasy forum. I suppose it could have been moved to the RPG section rather then FF section. However when it's a new announcement about a new title coming to the Vita/PS3/PS4, I don't think there should be any reason to not have it in general so everyone can see it easier. And yes I know you can still see the "Moved thread" here, but if users aren't commenting, it slips off the first page fast.

 

I understand what they are trying to do. However, when someone has a question like this, after the games user base has died down, it would be nice to have a Vita specific area that these questions can be seen easily and answered by users that want to help.

 

I know this user didn't post in "General" and his/her post probably wouldn't have been moved, but I think he/she would have more then likely posted it in the old "PS Vita" section had it still existed.

 

Again, thanks for taking the time to look into a possible solution that can benefit us all.


That first post you linked, your thread that got moved, I get why it got moved.  It was about final fantasy.  I also understand your concern because it was about final fantasy, for the VITA.   Your thread has had a lot of attention/activity since the move though!   I truly think that putting your thread about FF coming to the VITA in the FF area actually got your thread more attention.  If it stayed out here it would have been buried by now, look at the timestamps on posts in the area!

 

The 2nd post you linked me, in my opinion, should actually be in PSGeneral and not unit13.   However, he is concerned with how UNIT13 plays on the vita so I get why the moderation staff moved it to unit 13 and not here.   I would have moved it here because he was mentioning the PS4, The PS3, The Vita, and that game.    

 

I do see your point...the point being that the guy in your 2nd link would be best served by a vita specific section for that question, unfortunately the only vita specific area we now have is this http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita-Support/bd-p/24854 and his question really isn't a "support issue" so yeah...i get it.   I'll ask around and see if maybe the forum gods have any plans for adding a seperate section for the Vita and PS4 into the community.   If they tell me anything I'll let you know!

Message 9 of 15 (303 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

Mar 20, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:   I'll ask around and see if maybe the forum gods have any plans for adding a seperate section for the Vita and PS4 into the community.   If they tell me anything I'll let you know!

I griped about the merger myself and was told that "For the time being, the forum 'Gods' have decreed that the merger shall be set in stone" but it was admitted that things could change depending on how many Vita specific threads are created.

 

I understand to a point about the FF games for the PS 3/Vita being moved to the FF section but in my opinion it could have easily stayed here (but you're right about it getting buried.) There does need to be some leeway when it comes to game announcement threads instead of being moved straight to the "appropriate" forum, especially if that forum section is rather dead. Final Fantasy's forum comes and goes in phases.

Message 10 of 15 (294 Views)