Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: What's the point of having a Playstation general area, if....

Mar 20, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Send me the links to the threads of yours that got moved.

I'd like to see what is going on, maybe there is a good explaination for it and if there is I'll do my best to find it. 

As far as you issue with vita games, I understand what you want.  However, in order to actually increase activity in the game specific areas Sony has decided (this is my opinion/guess I'm not an employee or anything) to move threads about specific games out of general or non-specific areas to the area specified for that game.

There are also more general areas, say you wanted to talk about a new Vita RPG but its not listed in the games, you can go here  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Role-Playing-General/bd-p/22061

Thanks for your time. I only had one moved thread that I linked in my OP. Link.

I made the thread to get it out there to PS3 and PS Vita owners, including those that might not usually go to the Final Fantasy forum. I suppose it could have been moved to the RPG section rather then FF section. However when it's a new announcement about a new title coming to the Vita/PS3/PS4, I don't think there should be any reason to not have it in general so everyone can see it easier. And yes I know you can still see the "Moved thread" here, but if users aren't commenting, it slips off the first page fast.

I understand what they are trying to do. However, when someone has a question like this, after the games user base has died down, it would be nice to have a Vita specific area that these questions can be seen easily and answered by users that want to help.

I know this user didn't post in "General" and his/her post probably wouldn't have been moved, but I think he/she would have more then likely posted it in the old "PS Vita" section had it still existed.

Again, thanks for taking the time to look into a possible solution that can benefit us all.

That first post you linked, your thread that got moved, I get why it got moved.  It was about final fantasy.  I also understand your concern because it was about final fantasy, for the VITA.   Your thread has had a lot of attention/activity since the move though!   I truly think that putting your thread about FF coming to the VITA in the FF area actually got your thread more attention.  If it stayed out here it would have been buried by now, look at the timestamps on posts in the area!

And this is exactly why the recent forum changes are moronic - because Sony/mods are more concerned about "attention/activity". It's all well and good that many people have responded to the thread in the FF forum, but I would have never seen the thread if it wasn't posted in the General forum because I don't visit the FF forum. On top of that, now because it was moved, I also never saw what replies had been posted because I only visit the General forum and see what new posts have been made since my last visit - I have no reason to visit the game-specific forums.

I'm not going to speak for Unreal, but it seems his original intention in creating the thread was to inform Vita users of a new game coming to the system, not to inform FF users that their franchise was branching out onto the Vita. I don't understand how you can't see the distinction there.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (192 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Mar 20, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

On top of that, now because it was moved, I also never saw what replies had been posted because I only visit the General forum and see what new posts have been made since my last visit - I have no reason to visit the game-specific forums.

I'm not going to speak for Unreal, but it seems his original intention in creating the thread was to inform Vita users of a new game coming to the system, not to inform FF users that their franchise was branching out onto the Vita. I don't understand how you can't see the distinction there.

This.

Yes, I was trying to announce to Vita and PS3 owners that SE was making a HD version of FFX-2, which had not been announced up until this time.

Now if I were a Vita owner (which I am) looking for a previously unannounced Vita game, where would I look? Should I have to look through every game forum in hopes that today is the day I'll hear about that next great game coming to my system?

And yes, I understand what is being attempted here.

Maybe there should be a pinned thread in PS general that someone can take care of that links moved threads that announce new games coming to PS3, PSV, and PS4? Then we could check that and it could give us a path to these announced games?

The Vita forums had a pinned thread that listed all the PS1 games available for play on the Vita, so I don't think this would be too much to ask for.

What'cha think? :heart:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (180 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Mar 20, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:   I'll ask around and see if maybe the forum gods have any plans for adding a seperate section for the Vita and PS4 into the community.   If they tell me anything I'll let you know!

I griped about the merger myself and was told that "For the time being, the forum 'Gods' have decreed that the merger shall be set in stone" but it was admitted that things could change depending on how many Vita specific threads are created.

I understand to a point about the FF games for the PS 3/Vita being moved to the FF section but in my opinion it could have easily stayed here (but you're right about it getting buried.) There does need to be some leeway when it comes to game announcement threads instead of being moved straight to the "appropriate" forum, especially if that forum section is rather dead. Final Fantasy's forum comes and goes in phases.

I'm quoting this post in response to the last 2 posts :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I for one am usually very frustrated when a thread is moved. I'd like to think that most people are smart enough to post in the forum they think most appropriate. Obviously if someone starts a thread in playstation general like "what do you want to see in the next final fantasy" or something along those lines - yes, obviously move that thread to the final fantasy forum.

One problem is the lack of a separate forum for each system. And once there is a forum for each system it should be completely fine if someone wants to ask a question about a specific game in that systems general forum, where more people will see it. Game announcements should be a no brainer too. And if someone is having an issue with a game or wants to figure something out or let other people know about a problem or something their post shouldn't be sent away to die in the support section.

Here's the basic problem with the new organization of the forums: Playstation General is far too general, and the games section is far too specific to be useful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2465 posts

Mar 27, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
As far as you issue with vita games, I understand what you want.  However, in order to actually increase activity in the game specific areas Sony has decided (this is my opinion/guess I'm not an employee or anything) to move threads about specific games out of general or non-specific areas to the area specified for that game.

Problem is, very few care about game specific subforums. I for one I don't, it's far more convenient to have all PSV news / topics condensed in one subforum (as we used to have) than go digging every game subforum pertinent to my interest. The OP's thread is a good example of this but it doesn't end there, two weeks ago I posted asking about the upcoming DLC for SH: BoM as well as a patch that fixed several issues with the game. In the old forums, every PSV user would've seen it. With this methodology, my thread was moved to a subforum I guarantee nobody will check because, again, it's far too inconvenient having to browse plenty of subforums~.

As it's inconvenient to have to filter a particular console specific threads amidst PSP, PSV, PS3 and PS4~.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (104 Views)
0 Likes