Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
555 posts

Re: What's the point of the PS4 camera?

last month

you throw those little guys stuck inside your controller around I thought...im being cruel and not buying one to play with them yet..maybe one day.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
835 posts

last month

People only complained about the Kinect because it was forced upon the Xbox ONE consumers to pay a lot of extra money to have it bundled up with the console, so they had no other choice until the console was released without the Kinect. The PS Camera was an optional item, so people only bought it at their own will.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (146 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

last month

I bought a camera day 1. True, there isn't much that you can do with it. I think that is what Sony wanted it for, not for full game development (though it could be fun) but as an extention to your controller. tracking head/eye movement so you can use them to move your head in game would be awesome (I know it does the head thing aready but the addition of eyes to do it would be better) and the ability to issue commands to npc squads without having to put on the headset (cause sometimes I just don't like wearing it to play single player games). Also, I am a firm believer in the theory that if you don't force people to buy something, they will be more willing to go out and buy said item. I have had for years because Sony offered a nice service with it but it wasn't a requirement. I felt like it was  a treat for myself each year with the games I got, not an obligation.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

last month
The camera is still in its early stage. A lot of people bought it, due to easily streaming your own channel on UStream or Twitch. That aside, it will also be used with LBP3 (I'm sure) and Sony's VR headset Morpheus.
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (121 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13956 posts

5 weeks ago

It's a motion sensor that works with the PS4 controller. Right now only the game Playroom uses it. But it's best feature right now is that you can record yourself playing a game and add commentary to post.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
113 posts

5 weeks ago

If I were to take an educated guess, I would say that there are a few developers that are currently building out their games for Morpheus support.

For some of those games, the camera, 1 or 2 move controllers, and the Morpheus headset will be needed.

I'm sure it is just a matter of time before that information starts getting released either before or at E3 2015.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3117 posts

5 weeks ago

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

you throw those little guys stuck inside your controller around I thought...im being cruel and not buying one to play with them yet..maybe one day.

They have added a lot more free mini games, augmented reality controller items, masks etc. It's a lot more to it than just the bots. Playroom is free so I look at the price of the camera ($49.99 in some places) like buying a game. I wonder if anyone happened to notice that you you can play your own MP3 file while in the Playroom app...

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

5 weeks ago

Amnalehu wrote:

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

They have added a lot more free mini games, augmented reality controller items, masks etc. It's a lot more to it than just the bots. Playroom is free so I look at the price of the camera ($49.99 in some places) like buying a game. I wonder if anyone happened to notice that you you can play your own MP3 file while in the Playroom app...

:et's be realistic though. That Playroom app is pretty basic. None of the games are fleshed out. It's a time-killing tech demo at best. Network high scores would have gone a long way to cover that up, but eh.. Anyway, explain the MP3 situation to me? That's interesting.

OP, you aren't the only one who bought the camera based on the PS3 Move's performance. I got the necessary controllers at a decent price to test for myself and was happy I have Sports Champions 2, Infamous 2, and Dead Space Extraction and all provide good, responsive fun. I actually get to be left-handed while gaming and it's a breath of fresh air.

I honestly think we'll see less Move-compatible games throughout the PS4's life cycle with a few dedicated (first/ second-party) developers making use of the tech. The movement tracking trumps PS3's bigtime, but even series that dabbled before got rid of support. Granted Killzone was probably rushing to make launch, but motion controls are clearly getting the short end of the stick. Ironic, considering the tech that powers it has finally caught up to what it wanted to do on the PS3

As far as games, someone mentioned Octodad, Just Dance, and I'm pretty sure that's it. I haven't cared to play either.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

5 weeks ago

I would like Face-unlock to be in a system update, and if the camera isn't connect, the option to enter a saved password. The fact it recognizes my face doesn't stop anyone from pressing X and logging onto my name anyway. If I enable the password, it recognizes me and still asks me to enter the password. Pretty counter-entuitive imo.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (65 Views)
0 Likes