Jun 19 2014
By: moog Gaming Beast 1957 posts

What's with the daily spam?

11 replies 264 views Edited Jun 19, 2014

Is anyone at Sony looking into preventing this garbage?

Message 1 of 12 (264 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11645 posts

Re: What's with the daily spam?

Jun 19, 2014

moog wrote:

Is anyone at Sony looking into preventing this garbage?

they can't. when someone makes a new account, the site admins don't know what their intentions are. 

just report each new name as spam, through the report button and they'll delete the users, along with their posts.

Message 2 of 12 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12008 posts

Jun 19, 2014
Yea but they can do so etching about the spamming lay putting in flood protection. Which prevents a user from posting new topics too fast..
>

Message 3 of 12 (249 Views)
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Jun 19, 2014
I dont know about you guys, but those topics have really helped me with my black magic problem. Now i know how to cast fireball.
Message 4 of 12 (241 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6315 posts

Jun 19, 2014

Did you guys see the one for 'lesbian help'? I seen that and just about hit the floor lol ! 

Message 5 of 12 (232 Views)
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Jun 19, 2014
When i saw the "lesbian problem" i laughed then wondered how many people here on the here has or has had that problem.
Message 6 of 12 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9603 posts

Jun 19, 2014

If those Black Magic spells worked in the game "Dark Souls 2", I would call that number in India. Smiley Tongue

Delicately

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 7 of 12 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

Jun 19, 2014
I cannot believe there are 6 pages of this crap.
Message 8 of 12 (202 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6104 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2014

The thing is,  they've tried to fix this through added security that broke the forums...  A lot.

Legitimate threads from actual real forum members /regulars were auto-deleted,  threads tossed in limbo mode (posts too) where you could see it through your post history but no one else could,  auto-banned from doing two threads or posts in a row, the last of what the security did and broke could go on and on, a gigantic mess just to prevent the spamming. It's almost like DRM where legitimate people are punished because of others.

Sadly,  I don't think this is fixable beyond manually cleaning it up daily until lithium gets a better working security algorithm in place or at least a captcha system at minimum. 

Message 9 of 12 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Jun 19, 2014

da1writer wrote:

The thing is,  they've tried to fix this through added security that broke the forums...  A lot.

Legitimate threads from actual real forum members /regulars were auto-deleted,  threads tossed in limbo mode (posts too) where you could see it through your post history but no one else could,  auto-banned from doing two threads or posts in a row, the last of what the security did and broke could go on and on, a gigantic mess just to prevent the spamming. It's almost like DRM where legitimate people are punished because of others.

Sadly,  I don't think this is fixable beyond manually cleaning it up daily until lithium gets a better working security algorithm in place or at least a captcha system at minimum. 

Step 1: Hire some European moderators who are awake when the US moderators are not. Step 2: No more spam.

Take back the future
Message 10 of 12 (176 Views)