Sep 03 2012
By: ghufranmohammad First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

What should you get: PSP or PS Vita?

[ Edited ]
36 replies 35255 views Edited Feb 12, 2014

I think you should get Ps Vita because in Psp you can't use camera

but in Ps Vita you can use Camera.

You should buy a Ps Vita because it is most popular.

Ps Vita is the best not Psp. REMEMBER!!

Email me at:

Edit: removed exposed personal info

U--J

Thanks!:smileywink:

Edit - Added label and updated title

Message 1 of 37 (35,255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Re: What Should you get? Psp or Ps Vita.

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

Because of a camera? lol

I think there are other things that should lean you towards a Vita, it's camera isn't even that great at all.

It's not that popular either when you consider how better the PSP is selling than the Vita globally.

PSP already has a great established library while the Vita is still starting out, it's finally getting a big game after the summer drought it had. And more of the games we been wanting are being released in the upcoming months.

It's best if you as a consumer do your research, look at the games it has now, and the game it will be getting and decide for yourself if you should buy one now or wait.

Message 2 of 37 (35,224 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3966 posts

Sep 3, 2012

the Vita does everything better, the only reason I still have my PSP is cuz I use it to store music & pics, I stopped buyin games for my PSP long ago

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 3 of 37 (35,217 Views)
Survivor
2510 posts

Sep 3, 2012

gamer_316 wrote:

the Vita does everything better, the only reason I still have my PSP is cuz I use it to store music & pics, I stopped buyin games for my PSP long ago

You are missing out then; Unchained Blades, Gungnir and Growlanser (sp?) are amazing JRPGs / SRPGs. I do favor playing on my PSV over my PSP, but I think looking the other way is missing on great stuff, I can't wait to have Black Rock Shooter: The Game digitally to play on my PSV~.

Message 4 of 37 (35,211 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Sep 3, 2012
get a psp
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 5 of 37 (35,204 Views)
Sackboy
413 posts

Sep 3, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:

gamer_316 wrote:

You are missing out then; Unchained Blades, Gungnir and Growlanser (sp?) are amazing JRPGs / SRPGs. I do favor playing on my PSV over my PSP, but I think looking the other way is missing on great stuff, I can't wait to have Black Rock Shooter: The Game digitally to play on my PSV~.

Did you buy those for the PSP or digitally to play on the Vita? Just wondering because I think most people who own both would rather play them on PSV.

Don't Forget to Play [Persona 4 Golden] Every Night Before Bed.
Message 6 of 37 (35,192 Views)
Survivor
2510 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Unchained Blades is a PSN only game, it wasn't released physically (in fact, XSeed expressed not that long ago they'll be moving to digital format only), Gungnir was made available on the PSV PSN store last month and I expect Growlanser to be put on it anytime now~.

Naturally, the point of me mentioning them is to have them digitally so they could be played on the PSV. The PSP may be inferior in terms of hardware, but I don't think it's smart to discard its library. At least for my gaming taste (which is JRPG oriented) so far it still provides a bit more than the PSV, but of course, playing them on the PSV is like having a bit of the best of both Worlds. At least, until we get the next batch of PSV releases~.
Message 7 of 37 (35,181 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Sep 4, 2012

I would say if you never owned a Psp get a Ps vita why well you really not missing much. alot of the good titles you can pick up on psn for the ps vita and more to come. 

I have to say though I'm not the best person to ask this. since over all psp I did not have much fun with. i have like no psp titles. even less titles i care about. the main psp game I love that I own is The 3rd Birthday. i also am plaining to get Soul Calibur Broken Destiny.

other then that all psp titles just over all were lame to me. hell in fact I own more ps vita games then I have ever owned in any console. some of that has to do with I use to just rent all my games. only a few I would buy. still though I have had more fun with my ps vita then I have ever had with my psp.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 8 of 37 (35,164 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Playstation vita has a better screen, better colors, its overall a better system. My psp has collected dust since i've gotten the Vita.
Message 9 of 37 (35,156 Views)
Survivor
2510 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

I have to say though I'm not the best person to ask this. since over all psp I did not have much fun with. i have like no psp titles. even less titles i care about. the main psp game I love that I own is The 3rd Birthday. i also am plaining to get Soul Calibur Broken Destiny.

Do yourself a favor and refrain from doing that, Soul Calibur for the PSP was only good for its technical department but it was a very poor entry in the series lacking in modes and replayability. For its price of 39.99 USD you are better off buying a brand new PSV game~.

Message 10 of 37 (35,150 Views)