Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 07 2013
By: Mockers- Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

What we expect out of PS4 when we buy it

38 replies 494 views Edited Feb 7, 2013

This is what We/I expect or should expct out of PS4

When you the buy the console this is what it should come with.

-Controller-

I expect a controller that has touchscreen in the middle of it so I can easily communicate with friends without interrupting my gameplay and it popping up on the main screen. I honestly don't care if the screen is small or not aslong as it works.

-Social-

Obviously a total rehaul on the social side of thing's. I expect an instant messaging system that works. It would be awesome having an instant message on my touch screen controller and have it minimized and alerts when I get msged. 

Also a mail system that isnt slower then christmas.

Reheal the whole invatation system because it sucks lol.

-The ability to talk to anyone through my mic while playing any game whether or not there in the game- *Xbox already has this*

and just overall more social features to bring me closer to friends and just make my life easir.

-MIC-

If your not going to send a mic with every console at least have a hands free feature on the controller because it's annoying that no one has a mic on PS3 but Xbox it's a booming social frenzy.

-MOVE-

If Ps4 is still serious about motion controls and you want people to use it send it with the consoles because i'm not going to buy move, so they might aswell build a camera in the console and either somehow make the controller a move controller

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Re: What we expect out of PS4 when we buy it

Feb 7, 2013

Hopefully the games on the "PS4" will be on the PS3. Still not convinced. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Feb 7, 2013
What do you mean? Are you saying you hope games being made for next gen will also be made for PS3 kind of like how they made games for PS2 for a bit until the stopped totally?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Yes,  because I don't seem why they would make a PS4 when there is still more features coming out for the 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (481 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24711 posts

Feb 7, 2013

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make two versions of a game, and have them compete against each other.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (473 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Mockers- wrote:

This is what We/I expect or should expct out of PS4

When you the buy the console this is what it should come with.

-Controller-

I expect a controller that has touchscreen in the middle of it so I can easily communicate with friends without interrupting my gameplay and it popping up on the main screen. I honestly don't care if the screen is small or not aslong as it works.

Don't care about it... I have a Wii U and I dont use the screen-pad or take advantage of it. 

-Social-

Obviously a total rehaul on the social side of thing's. I expect an instant messaging system that works. It would be awesome having an instant message on my touch screen controller and have it minimized and alerts when I get msged. 

The current messaging system works as intended... I don't see a problem with it.

Also a mail system that isnt slower then christmas.

How is the current mail system slow? When I send a message to my friends who live across the country from me, they get in the moment I hit Send... 

Reheal the whole invatation system because it sucks lol.

Thats an opinion. 

-The ability to talk to anyone through my mic while playing any game whether or not there in the game- *Xbox already has this*

This is something I don't care about.... If I'm going to play a game or watch a movie or something.... the last thing I want to do is talk to someone thats going to distract my attention. Its bad enough that I have trouble concentrating.

and just overall more social features to bring me closer to friends and just make my life easir.

We already have that... facebook, twitter, email.... text messaging on phones....

-MIC-

If your not going to send a mic with every console at least have a hands free feature on the controller because it's annoying that no one has a mic on PS3 but Xbox it's a booming social frenzy.

Thats also a matter of opinion... Some people just don't like to hear the crying when others lose, or hear the racist and dergatory remarks, or have to be plagued with a lobby DJ or an impromptu American Idol audition... regardless if you have the ability to mute people.... When I used to play on my X360 I was always the only person in a lobby to have a mic... and visa versa with the PS3... and at certain times of the day is when people ALL have their mics/headsets... totally subjective assumption.

-MOVE-

If Ps4 is still serious about motion controls and you want people to use it send it with the consoles because i'm not going to buy move, so they might aswell build a camera in the console and either somehow make the controller a move controller

Motion control is not a priority... the only way that Sony would continue to pursue this, even as an after thought... Is do what they are currently doing.... sell it as a separate bundle.
M$ is only doing it with Kinect because the cost of the hardware itself is expensive.... by bundling it with the console, they want to get more people to buy Kincet compatible games in the hopes they actually use it for more than voice recognition or simple UI interaction.

When the Wii came out... motion control gaming was talked about as if it was the future of gaming and then... thats all she wrote... theres nothing really innovative about it.... We had motion control gaming since the 90's.... just no one thought much about it.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (472 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Feb 7, 2013

ajabrams95 wrote:

Hopefully the games on the "PS4" will be on the PS3. Still not convinced. :smileyhappy:

That just makes no sense.... because people would simply try and get the PS4 version simply because the game looks and plays better.

And it puts a burden on the developer that makes multi-platform games because instead of having 3 platforms to develop for (Xbox, Playstation and PC) they now have to worry about 5 different platforms.....

It doesn't make any logistical sense.

For the lesser know developers this isn't an issue because they can't afford to buy the dev-kits right off the bat since they generally cost about $20-30k.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Feb 7, 2013

gR3yGh051

You seem like a major fanboy.

If your fine with all of these thing's then just keep the PS3.

You say touchscreen is useless?

Just wow. I would rather be instant messaging and USING AN ACTUAL KEYBOARD instead of typing one letter at a time on the freaking main screen. Touchscreen would bascially be your keyboard + extra features idc how WII U uses there technology.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

The messaging system sucks. On xbox you csn instant message multiple people and it's fast and easy... Stop acting so blind and defending a flawed system that is really sucky for a while now.

Also when I said the message system was slow what I basically ment is pressng the PS button and getting to a message is slow.

The whole social features is light years away from Xbox and there not even in next gen yet

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (462 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Mockers- wrote:

gR3yGh051

You seem like a major fanboy.

If your fine with all of these thing's then just keep the PS3.

You say touchscreen is useless?

Just wow. I would rather be instant messaging and USING AN ACTUAL KEYBOARD instead of typing one letter at a time on the freaking main screen. Touchscreen would bascially be your keyboard + extra features idc how WII U uses there technology.

Then use your cellphone... you know... something that everyone already has.... 

Plug a USB keyboard...

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (456 Views)