Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Re: What we expect out of PS4 when we buy it

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

gR3yGh051

So, your saying buy a PS4 for 400+ bucks to use my cellphone because they can't even supply basic communication to friends I don't even know in real life yet have in my cell phone. Buy a USB keyboard but yet it's still going to block my main screen view and cost me extra. Btw not everyone has a cell phone.

-Instant messaging is a must with touchscreen keyboard

-Mailbox system just needs to be organized more

Overal rehaul and organzation of social connection to my friends. make it easir, make it simple and make it work. If your fine with these features keep the PS3 and stop downing everything I said when the PS4 should have all of these features and more

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 39 (267 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Mockers- wrote:

The messaging system sucks. On xbox you csn instant message multiple people and it's fast and easy... Stop acting so blind and defending a flawed system that is really sucky for a while now.

Then you don't know how to use the messaging system because YOU CAN send messages to multiple people on the PS3... Acting blind? No.... you're acting ignorant. I've had a PS3 since launch, the same as the 360... I have a very good grasp about the things they can and can't do and how to do things.
It would behoove you to get to know the PS3 a lot more.

You can call me a fanboy and such all you want... but you're simply wanting the PS3 to become an Xbox and Wii U the way you want specific features in...While it may be the common way for business to stay on top of each other by imitating certain features... Making something the same as the others on the shelf isn't the best way to stand out....

Take toasters.... they all do the same thing... the only difference is their color and size.... not a whole lot of innovation there is it?
Heck, you're one of those people who wanted a refrigerator with an LCD screen that tells you when your milk is low and can order it from the local grocery store for you.... I like to keep things simple. All I have to do is to open my fridge and LOOK at the gallon of milk to see if I need to go buy more milk. 
The more complication you put into something, the more problems you're going to have. 

SOME things I don't mind, but theres other things people want just because the competition has it.

Also when I said the message system was slow what I basically ment is pressng the PS button and getting to a message is slow.
That depends on the game that is running.... some games use more resources than others so the XMB might take a little bit to load.... but with all the games I have... not one has given me much of an issue with quickly accessing messages that people send me.

The whole social features is light years away from Xbox and there not even in next gen yet

The whole social aspect needs to stay the way it is right now.... if its gets too much into the social media aspect of things, we'll be sure to see TONS AND TONS of spam, scam, phishing, and social engineering.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 39 (262 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Mockers- wrote:

gR3yGh051

So, your saying buy a PS4 for 400+ bucks to use my cellphone because they can't even supply basic communication to friends I don't even know in real life yet have in my cell phone. Buy a USB keyboard but yet it's still going to block my main screen view and cost me extra. Btw not everyone has a cell phone.

Yes they do.... I've seen homeless people with cellphones. If a homeless person can own a cheap throwaway cellphone that can do texting... EVERYONE has one.
And most people who own smartphones... spend more money on their phone than they do on a console... The Galaxy S3 and iPhone5... MSRP is an average of $800 between the two phones if you bought them outright. And those phones can do everything a console can do... yes, play games as well... not the best games to bother wasting your time or pocket change on, but they're still games and very, VERY popular.

-Instant messaging is a must with touchscreen keyboard

No, it is not a must.... it is a WANT.

-Mailbox system just needs to be organized more

Interesting.... how?

Overal rehaul and organzation of social connection to my friends. make it easir, make it simple and make it work. If your fine with these features keep the PS3 and stop downing everything I said when the PS4 should have all of these features and more
Expand on this.... where is YOUR justification for making such suggestions? The current system JUST WORKS.... its simple.
What you're trying to do is clutter the UI with MORE.

Im playing devil's advocate here, in case you didn't notice.... 

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 39 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

Ok you win for PS4 keep everything the same and don't upgrade nothing. while everyone upgrades in technology and features and PS4 will continue you not to have instant messaging ok bye. Cool so same PS4 for 500 bucks cool.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 39 (256 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Mockers- wrote:
Do you know what instant messaging even means it's like MSN not the message box system

Yea... looks like you forgot about the chat room thing.... same principle...

BTW I want a simple system but for 400 buckroos I don't want a dumb down system.
Then why are you trying to overcomplicate it with useless crap? You want a simply system? How about Sony just sells you a console that can only play games and movie and not connect online? Is that simple enough for you? 
Im not sure you think you know what "dumbed down" means...

Your being dumb..
And you're projecting/reaching....

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 39 (251 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Mockers- wrote:

Ok you win for PS4 keep everything the same and don't upgrade nothing. while everyone upgrades in technology and features and PS4 will continue you not to have instant messaging ok bye. Cool so same PS4 for 500 bucks cool.

Thats essentially the only thing we're getting this generation... and upgrade on hardware without much innovation.... 

The PS3 and 360 were innovative.... motion controls, apps, some social connectivity, trophy/achievement system, online multiplayer for nearly every game, DLC....

The same as how the PS2 and original Xbox were just stepping stones in hardware prowess but not much innovation, save for the fact of some games enabling online play.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 39 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

What did I mention that overcomplicates stuff?

Msn type instant messaging? I didn't know that was so groundbreakingly difficult. BTW the chat box thing is not a instant messaging system that is like the worst and most diffcult thing to use. You might aswell just send a message I think we can both agree the chat box thing is not simple and it's not logical to use. I only use the chat box to talk to multiple people at a time.

Touchscreen so we can have a keyboard to type on so for the people like you said who do not like mics can still communicate. The touchscreen is great because I can msg and look at msgs without disturbing my game and if your fast at texting like me this is going to be awesome. I mean you don't see the inconvience of pressing the PS button and creating a message? *not to mention the lag from the high end game* There are tons of times where I wish i could just quick reply without intruptting my game.

I want the PS4 to keep it simple but keep it 21st century. I honestly don't think I asked for much or anything complicated. BTW Sony already stated they are going hardcore on social this time around. Extra features mean alot when it comes to consoles. Otherwise you could just buy a PC.

Sorry if I came off rude bottem line is we both want what's best for PS4 and I agree with keeping it simple I just feel like these are some things that it needs. TBH I kind of think PS3 needed an instant messaging system intregrated long ago. 

I just feel that keyboard is needed, a logical instant messaging system, reorganize the invite system from the message box system and add a cheap mic with every console. I don't think it's to much to ask for 400+ cash.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 39 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

A touchscreen on our remotes for typing? No thanks. That'll jack up the price of a remote and it would have to be larger than 3 inches to even house a decent keyboard.

You can use Android and iOS devices as keyboards perfectly fine. I can use my smartphone as a touchpad, as a keyboard, as a remote for videos and movies. I can guarantee you that over 90% of PS3 owners have an Android or iOS device with bluetooth. Sony can simply make their own application that has all the features I mentioned above.

Here's the app for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=berserker.android.apps.blueputdroid&feature=nav_result...

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 39 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

I don't even have a touchscreen phone sir. I am pretty sure there going to add a touchscreen I just have this gut feeling. If they don't add a touchscreen then the console better come with some type of keyboard. Perferablly those rubber keyboards... that would be nice.

jack up the prices, lol were talking about consoles..... There going to overprice controllers no matter what they are.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 39 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

Then get with the times. If you're planning on buying a $400 PS4, then you can easily spend $100 on a decent Android or iOS device.

I put my money on there not being a touchscreen. I say there will be a "touchpad" for navigation and extra features in games. That would explain why they made their new store the way they did, it's made for directional swiping.

EDIT: You keep editing your post with new stuff. You have a lot of dreams and expectations, it's not going to happen. This isn't the Wii U with cheap specs and low power allowing them to add a touchscreen controller. This is going to be a powerful machine and that's where the cost of the console is going.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 39 (219 Views)