Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Re: What we expect out of PS4 when we buy it

Feb 7, 2013
Depends what matters to you more? I only use my phone for texting I don't need touchscreen ATM. Touchpad? you mean like another separate controller or device.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 39 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3680 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013
I want digital purchased items to still be compatible with the PS4. I will understand if disc based games will no longer work because after a few months of the ps4 being out i couldnt care less if it it still plays my ps3 disc based game. (i have a launch ps3 60gb with a 750gb hdd in it and only played ps2 games on at first because the ps2 still had new games coming out like gow2 and ffxii, haven't played a ps2 disc based game on it since)

but with digital formats being the future and the big push from Sony for PS Plus with free games and discounts these digital games should be compatible.
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Mockers- wrote:
Depends what matters to you more? I only use my phone for texting I don't need touchscreen ATM. Touchpad? you mean like another separate controller or device.

It doesn't need to be a phone, they sell media players, although a phone would be much better especially when you can get unlimited everything plans for $50 and less these days.

Touchpad as in a small little pad on the center of the controller. That's what has been rumored to come on the next Dualshock controller.

Check out the renders made by users: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511201

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 39 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I'd be satisied with a few good exclusive launch titles like infamous and resistance. Wouldnt mind the whole cross game chat and easier access to the trophies, but I mainly want the ability to change my name without losing anything such as trophies, game saves, and friends... even if i have to pay for it ill be fine with that.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 39 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

FidelityNy

That is what I was talking about touchpad, touchscreen. Same to me. Ive seen those before. I just ment some type of thing where you can type and etc.

xKeRo-

The name changing seems like a good idea, With a payment fee. I doubt they will ever offer that but a good thought.

And yeah def good titles to launch with but like somone said above there will prolly still be good games coming out for the ps3.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 39 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 7, 2013

I want to be able to run second-hand games without paying some pass.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 39 (178 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Yohrin wrote:

I want to be able to run second-hand games without paying some pass.

To play online, you're more than likely still going to do that from some publishers/developers.

Servers cost money.... devs/pubs don't see a penny from used game sales to put some of it towards the running/maintenance of online multiplayer servers

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 39 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3776 posts

Feb 7, 2013

In Game Music for Every Game
Cross Game Chat

Universal Invite

Lol I havent being on this board frequently since 2006 Launch..

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 39 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Mastagamer wrote:

In Game Music for Every Game
Cross Game Chat

Universal Invite

Lol I havent being on this board frequently since 2006 Launch..

If I say "yes" to all of them, will that make all the posts about them disappear? or will every forum continue to teem with more complaints about it?

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 39 (166 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/sony-details-playstation-4-processing-specs-dualshock-4-and-e...

Looks like everything I suggested is offcial.....

This is what We/I expect or should expct out of PS4

When you the buy the console this is what it should come with.

-Controller-

I expect a controller that has touchscreen in the middle of it so I can easily communicate with friends without interrupting my gameplay and it popping up on the main screen. I honestly don't care if the screen is small or not aslong as it works.

-Social-

Obviously a total rehaul on the social side of thing's. I expect an instant messaging system that works. It would be awesome having an instant message on my touch screen controller and have it minimized and alerts when I get msged. 

Also a mail system that isnt slower then christmas.

Reheal the whole invatation system because it sucks lol.

-The ability to talk to anyone through my mic while playing any game whether or not there in the game- *Xbox already has this*

and just overall more social features to bring me closer to friends and just make my life easir.

-MIC-

If your not going to send a mic with every console at least have a hands free feature on the controller because it's annoying that no one has a mic on PS3 but Xbox it's a booming social frenzy.

-MOVE-

If Ps4 is still serious about motion controls and you want people to use it send it with the consoles because i'm not going to buy move, so they might aswell build a camera in the console and either somehow make the controller a move controller

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 39 (147 Views)
0 Likes